• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Zimmer as potential DC for Redskins?

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Alma Mater
Salisbury
It's PFT so I'd take it with a huge grain of salt, but if true, then I'd be really, really happy.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ces-as-potential-defensive-coordinator-in-dc/

But with his contract in Cincinnati set to expire after the current season, Zimmer could be in line for a lateral move -- and also a healthy raise.

We're told that Mike Shanahan has targeted Zimmer as the first choice to run the defense, if/when Shanahan resurfaces as head coach of the Redskins.

click above thread for entire article

Zimmer definitely turned that Cincy unit around this season. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Zimm take a year off after the unexpected death of his wife. Unless he's a bury-his-grief in his job kinda guy.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Zimmer definitely turned that Cincy unit around this season. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Zimm take a year off after the unexpected death of his wife. Unless he's a bury-his-grief in his job kinda guy.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Not sure how old his kids are but if any of them are still in high school, he may have a hard time leaving Cincinnati. If they are all college age or older, he might welcome a change of scenery.

There will be enough green ($$) in Asburn to make a change of scenery easier on everyone.

Here's what I want out of our defense:

1. Attacking style, first and foremost. Blitzkrieg, baby!

2. Ability to adjust in case offense has ability to beat the blitzes.

3. ATTACKING STYLE! Make the offense adjust to what we're trying to do, not the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.