• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Stephen Davis Aleady Experiencing Memory Loss

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Former Redskins and Panthers running back Stephen Davis said Wednesday he’s beginning to have problems with short-term memory, and he added another name to the growing docket of concussion lawsuits.

Davis, 38, told Nathan Fenno of the Washington Times he’s having trouble remembering conversations with his wife or paying bills.

Davis filed his lawsuit last week, one of more than 2,600 former players to have done so. He said he can’t remember how many concussions he sustained, but said there would be multiple ones in the span of a few weeks.

“The coaches and doctors try to get you back on the field regardless of if you’re hurt or not hurt or have a concussion,” he said. “It’s more about getting you back on the field than making sure you’re OK.

More at link below:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/11/stephen-davis-already-experiencing-memory-loss/

There is a lot of controversy around all of this between the NFL and the players association. But I can say one thing for sure. Stephen Davis was a damn good running back and I loved cheering for him. It's a shame the way he left this team and if what he says is true then I feel awful for him. That is entirely too young to have your brain fall apart.

He was a great player. He really didn't get enough credit for such a solid career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.