• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Skins Shopping Gaffney?

Fact: The Patriots at least showed interest in Gaffney at least back in March, and there were rumors they tried to trade for him before they signed Stallworth.

I know what Shanahan said, but that has nothing to do with whether or not you think he is lying. I suppose if you don't believe the Pats/Gaffney rumors, you might not think Shanny is lying.

Fair point. But it works both ways, brother.

And? I did make reference to it.

what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Precisely because the Skins talked to the Pats supports Gaffney's claim about what Shanahan told him. Shanahan lying? what??????? not my point. I relayed a statement Gaffney made - that he was told directly by Shanahan that the twitter posts were not the reason the team is seeking to trade him.

Th epoint I made was that your implication that the twitter event was the main motivation runs counter to what was actually stated by Shanahan. I then drew out the implication that were one to accpet your pov, then one of them is lying (Gaffney or Shanahan). I see no reason to believe either is lyin gand aceept the not unreasonable view that the team decided a while ago (i.e., before l'affaire twit) that gaffney wasn't in their plans.

Any updates on Gaffney Duck? Has he and his twitter account been traded for a draft pick with a Facebook account?

Come on folks. We are talking about another team's #3 that was a #1 here last year due to necessity.

$2.65M is way too much for Gaffney for 2012. He could end up as the #4 or even #5 here.

We are therefore talking about a guy that will net us a #6 pick at best.

No sense losing sleep over this story.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'd be thrilled if we got an extra #6 for Gaffney.

The Eagles may not be signing and drafting the best players to ensure their team chemistry is there but they aren't giving away anything.

Samuel with a cap hit of $9M for 2012 is untenable. He is a couple of years beyond his prime.

Wonder if they shopping Gaffney to free up #10 for Griff? ;)

The Redskins got Gaffney last year for a player who is no longer on the roster in Denver.

Honestly, what is this team going to get for him?

My guess is he gets his release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.