• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Santana Moss could be fighting for a roster spot

BGO

The job for 2013 of Redskins receiver Santana Moss seemed to be secured when he converted $2 million in base salary to incentives in March. He may have a hard time earning back the money if, as reflected by the team’s current online depth chart, Moss is relegated to third string. *It ultimately could be…
b.gif

More...

Yeah. No insight there. Just someone looking at depth charts and jumping to conclusions. I doubt Moss is going anywhere.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

At least Florio updated it to read...

UPDATE 12:47 a.m. ET: The Washington Post projects Moss to be the top option in the slot for the Redskins, consistently reporting he’s having a solid camp. Which proves yet again that teams simply shouldn’t publish online depth charts if they’re not going to reflect reality.

Message to Florio - Teams can publish their depth charts as they see fit. Get over it. Oh, and be sure to read all of the comments - they are priceless.

Man I tried to register under "maraswallows" to reply but damn site keeps taking me to start my own blog. Was gonna go with something like Florio is #753 on blogger depth chart and in danger of getting cut.

Damn phone is near impossible to type on too.

heh, sometimes old school dual flat screens and full size keyboard does have it's advantages.

:yes:

Moss isnt going anywhere... never was. Cut? Seriously? I'm ready for the season to start so these kind of stories go away.

The comments were fun to read. Skins fans called BS from the jump and hammered them for this "article." Sometimes our fans make me so proud. :D

Yep. One could almost see Florio's face turning red. :)

Not a great piece for him.

heh, sometimes old school dual flat screens and full size keyboard does have it's advantages.

Oh no doubt, I think u need the little Burger King hands to type well on an iPhone.

Only sometimes?

Yep. One could almost see Florio's face turning red. :)

Not a great piece for him.

His speculative pieces, and I don't see how this is anything other than that, are rarely good. He, or some member of his staff, has a bad tendency to take one little bit of data, in this case an online depth chart, and write a piece about it in a vacuum without looking at any additional information. Rarely is anything in this world so straight forward that they approach can work.

Well let's hold on for a second - I hate Florio as much as the next guy, but Santana has been a bubble player for awhile now. He sticks around because of his route-running, hard work and mentorship/leadership abilities. But at some point, his decline in speed & limited production will outweigh those factors. Is it this year? I don't think so, but you never know.

Agreed that this piece is pure speculation based on BS - garbage in, garbage out. But it might be closer to the truth than a lot of Redskins fans are comfortable with.

Well let's hold on for a second - I hate Florio as much as the next guy, but Santana has been a bubble player for awhile now. He sticks around because of his route-running, hard work and mentorship/leadership abilities. But at some point, his decline in speed & limited production will outweigh those factors. Is it this year? I don't think so, but you never know.

Agreed that this piece is pure speculation based on BS - garbage in, garbage out. But it might be closer to the truth than a lot of Redskins fans are comfortable with.

Of course you never know. That's why you watch camp and see who's playing well and who isn't and then you speculate on who might be on the bubble. Moss WAS on the bubble last year. Big time. Then he saved his job through hard work and found a niche on the team through which he could make a significant contribution. Anyone who has followed the team since knows that niche has not been filled by anyone else so far, and that looking at his spot on a depth chart that only leaves room for two WR spots would not give one an accurate idea of his value to the team.

That's the issue here. Not that his skills may decline or whatever. Of course those possibilities always exist.

But that article is garbage.

After the catches moss made last year, and the lack of WR talent on the team, I find it hard to justify getting rid of him.

I'd love to say we have the depth to justify it - but we don't. Between injuries, issues with drops/route running/maturity, and just having yong/raw people we're not ready to simply cast him away into free agency.

Right, I agree. I don't think they will get rid of him this year. I just don't think him getting cut is as ridiculous a proposition as some would like.

Of course you never know. That's why you watch camp and see who's playing well and who isn't and then you speculate on who might be on the bubble. Moss WAS on the bubble last year. Big time. Then he saved his job through hard work and found a niche on the team through which he could make a significant contribution. Anyone who has followed the team since knows that niche has not been filled by anyone else so far, and that looking at his spot on a depth chart that only leaves room for two WR spots would not give one an accurate idea of his value to the team.

That's the issue here. Not that his skills may decline or whatever. Of course those possibilities always exist.

But that article is garbage.

Florio is a known troll to Redskins fans, I'm sure he just does this to piss people off. :)

Stallworth is 33 and has a hamstring issue. Henderson at 32 has shown he no longer has deep speed. Robinson and Hankerson are still trying to prove they can be regulars.

Who exactly would beat Moss out?

If Moss did get cut the Patriots and Broncos would be all over him.

PFT never gets anything right about the Redskins. All the rumors and insights turn out to be bogus.

These guys have no more 'inside' information than any fan that watches and follows the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.