• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Report: Morocco Brown interviewing for Bucs on Friday

BGO

The Buccaneers’ search for a new general manager has led them to Morocco. Morocco Brown, that is. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Brown, currently the Redskins’ director of pro personnel, is interviewing Friday for the vacancy created by the departure of Mark Dominik. Brown interviewed for the general manager opening in Arizona last…
b.gif

More...

The Redskins and Bucs are becoming like the Nationals and A's...............trading personnel, coaches, front office people.

It's amazing.

Based on everything I've ever been told by someone that's worked in the organization...

this is not good for us :(

Expected... I'm sure he feels qualified to be a GM.

It's be a damned shame if the guy our head coach (or snyder/vinny) never listened to went somewhere else and built a quality organization...

Good for him if he gets it but I'm hoping he doesn't, for selfish reasons. I'm pretty sure his input will hold a lot more weight going forward and I think the team REALLY needs that input now with a first-time Head Coach.

Allen knows people in the league. one of the advantages of having him in charge of the front office is his ability to reach out and tab guys to come in and work for the organization.

There are more than one or two good personnel execs in the NFL.

As with Gruden, I am sure there is a top scout or front office guy that would like a raise and promotion to Asst GM here.

Can anyone tell me who Brown brought into the organization? From what I hear, Shanny made all of the decisions. Am I wrong?

While I cant say who he's brought in, interviewing two years in a row for GM spots has to say something good about the guy IMO.

Just saying that it's a total blank on this guy when it comes to fans. Don't you think that's weird? What's he been doing the last 4 years that Shanny's been the GM? Just asking.

(Was he on board with RG3? Did he find the Butler? Who can he claim he brought on-board?)

No offense. But your 'I don't know' doesn't equal 'didn't happen'. For all we know, he's a frigging genius. He's not a QB, RB, or coach. Why would fans know him or have any knowledge of his impact behind the scenes? Seriously - it doesn't matter if YOU know about him tr1. But as Miles inferred, apparently, people behind the scenes, who DO know who is doing a good job and possibly who isn't, seem to think he's talented and a hell of a guy.

Who are you to argue?

What I don't see us why Brown would go to Tampa if Lovie is going to be in charge of personnel.

If he were to go to Miami to be the true GM that I could understand.

You're right, what does it matter.

The narrative lately, however, is that Shanny made all of the personnel decisions and play calls in the last 4 seasons.

I'll try to be happy with the narrative and will cease to comment on things that don't matter.

HTTR!

Shanahan said when he got here that he reviewed the grading and recommendations of the departments run by Brown and Campbell and they were spot on. The previous regime didn't use their advice. This is why he was going to keep them.

Allen said the same thing when he said he was keeping the staff.

Could it all be a bunch of bullshit? Could they be guys Snyder likes for whatever reason and so this is the standard line given by new coaches to justify keeping them? Sure.

But it could also be the truth. There are rumors floating around that Shanahan actually retained a group outside the organization that he used to advise him on player moves.

It's impossible to tell what the truth is. There's a very good argument to be made that it's none of our business. But when you take the lack of success on the field and combine it with all the rumors and comments that have been made I can at least understand why so many people are interesting in the answers to these questions...

Funny how fans don't bother to dissect things like this when a team is winning. Just sayin... ;)

If you tell me a guy is in charge if personnel like Shanahan and he averages 10 losses a year over 4 years, I don't think it is too hard to see demonstrated failure.

One of the reasons the move for Griffin was made in 2012 was the utter failure of the Shanahans to find a capable qb candidate in 2010 and 2011.

At the time of the trade we were still listing Rex Grossman as our starter.

Maybe the current personnel department made solid recommendations that were ignored by Shanahan because he is smarter than everyone else.

Maybe the current personnel department made solid recommendations that were ignored by Shanahan because he is smarter than everyone else.

Winner, winner, filet mignon dinner!

T, I haven't heard of Shan having a scouting group out there beyond what the Redskins had in house. Not saying the rumor is false, but part of me thinks this is very possible.

Funny how fans don't bother to dissect things like this when a team is winning. Just sayin... ;)
Correct.

When they're winning NFL films makes videos about the season and we all buy and watch them and everything is rainbows and unicorns :)

Winner, winner, filet mignon dinner!

T, I haven't heard of Shan having a scouting group out there beyond what the Redskins had in house. Not saying the rumor is false, but part of me thinks this is very possible.

I've heard it from two different sources on 980 - one being Cooley (of course ;) ).

Shanahan left the building burning everything in his path. He had weeks to do it. It's created so much confusion that it's hard to make sense of what's true, what's character assassination (because that went on with both sides), what's a beat reporter trying to get his name on the ESPN and NFL network scroll bars, etc.

The other rumors floating around are that Snyder and Shanahan didn't talk once, one on one, the entire 4 years he was here. He 100% cut Snyder out of the loop. Everything went through Allen. Everything. They obviously hung out in public with other people, there are pictures, but they never once had a one on one conversation.

Really wish I was a fly on the wall at redskins park... there's so much crap that went on there that we don't even know about.

There's also rumors that the linebackers coach was the 'mole' for shanahan. Giving some interesting context to Griffin's comments mid-season when asked about the drama. Paraphrasing, he essentially said: I don't get it. It could be stopped by anytime, quickly, but they don't seem interested in doing that.

*shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.