• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins Sound Ready To Break The Bank For Vincent Jackson

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
went over and read the article at PFT....wow, sure is a lot of people hating on the skins and they really don't seem to know what there talking about...kind of funny ....just plain hating..sounding off...

I seriously doubt that the Redskins are going to pay a truckload for this guy considering last offseason but they have the cap room to do it if they want. I just think it might be a better option to go after 2 lower priced guys like Royal, Manningham and/or Meacham.

I would be very disappointed in our front office if we did this. Making a significant investment in an older player of modest production with an attitude problem is exactly what made us the joke of a franchise we've been, and the opposite of what we should be doing right now.

Damn, those comments on the site gave me a headache. It's amazing how stupid people become when they talk about the Redskins.

I especially love this gem.....

When will stupid Redskins fans learn that winning in the off season does not count? Skins fans are the worst because they do not realize their owners football model of buy other vets does not work.
Maybe someone should inform this knucklehead of 2 things...

1. The fans realized YEARS AGO what an asshat Snyder is.
2. The fans have no control over front office moves, so how would winning the offseason have anything to do with us?

It's funny how bitter opposing fans get when they know Snyder can buy their guy right out from under them.

One guy made a brilliant and accurate point though. He said if the Bears get them, they are instant contenders, geniuses, etc. But if we get him, the media and fans will say we overpaid, he sucks, we're stupid, etc. Which will obviously make it more fun when we're good.

All that being said, I don't want an aging basketcase with a drinking problem that thinks he's great. Only John Riggins can pull that off.

Nice article placed by Vjax's ageent/Pr people. :)

Not worried about the contract he would be offered. GM is a master of getting team-favorable contracts and keeping cap numbers very reasonable.

I'd pass, if it were up to me. Of course, if he dons the uniform, he'll have my support until he shows he doesn't deserve it.

Rather have a guy who wants to prove his worth, instead of the guy who already thinks he's priceless. At least according to his reputation.

I'd be willing to stand pat at the WR position. Upgrades at QB, and O-line on offense are more important, IMO.

Not worried about the contract he would be offered. GM is a master of getting team-favorable contracts and keeping cap numbers very reasonable.

Perhaps, but the move would still display an attitude from the front office regarding players of other teams that I find counterproductive for a team that still needs as many pieces as ours does.

Don't know enough about VJ's alleged head problems to make an informed decision at this point, but I DO remember thinking this is one damn talented WR who would look pretty good in burgundy and gold. Might have to do some research on the head part, as well as try to establish where the "paying too much" line would be.

As to the skills part? First blush is....the man would prove a massive upgrade to our corps.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCYxKp9rjRw[/media]

Welp, the more I read about him the more he seems to have Albert Haynesworth written all over him.

Looking at that Om, first thing that jumps out at me is that if we play the Pats or Packers, we'll be in great shape.

:)

I'd still rather have a young team growing up together in the pros. I am not sold on spending big on a WR, I'd prefer to see the FA action concentrating on upgrading the line. VJ is a good player, or at least has been a good player elsewhere, doesn't automatically mean he will be for us, and I don't want our new QB adjusting to his game, I want youth learning the QB's game.

He would be an upgrade OM, but he's nowhere near the top 5 in the league, let alone #2.

The head problems include 2 DUIs, a driving on a suspended license or two, and reports that he quit on the team in more than one game. Probably not a guy Joe Gibbs would sign.

He's also 29 years old.

To put his talent on the field into perspective, here are his stats from last season:

60 receptions, 1,106 yards, 9 TDs. With Phillip Rivers throwing him the ball.

Now consider Pierre Garcon, from Indy:

Great character. No issues. And expected to come at only 1/2 to 2/3rds of the price. His stats from last season:

70 receptions, 947 yards, 6 TDs. With Curtis Painter throwing him the ball.

And he's only 25 years old.

So pay a hefty sum to sign the 29 year old diva? Or take a look at the 25 year old, and spend the saved money elsewhere?

Last edited:
Looking at that Om, first thing that jumps out at me is that if we play the Pats or Packers, we'll be in great shape.

:)
Yeah, they also showed practically every play 3 times. What, seven catches showed 21 times from different angles ain't much of a highlight reel.

I would be very disappointed in our front office if we did this. Making a significant investment in an older player of modest production with an attitude problem is exactly what made us the joke of a franchise we've been, and the opposite of what we should be doing right now.

Nice article placed by Vjax's ageent/Pr people. :)

Ding ding ding!

I would be disappointed also - I'd much rather see them sign Eddie Royal, who excelled in the Shanahan system. Hopefully Hankerson's hip is ready to go by the time the season starts.

Rivers had the worst season of his career and Jackson was on a franchise tag and not happy yet managed to get those yards. He's fine and had no off field issues this past year.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Here's the problem though. That was actually one of his best years. He's never been elite.

2010 14 receptions 248 yards, 3 TDs

2009 68 receptions 1,161 yards, 9 TDs

2008 59 receptions 1,098 yards 7 TDs

2007 41 receptions 623 yards 3 TDs

In his defense.....he hasn't been the number 1 target out there. And he's probably better than anything we've got.

But when compared to last year's top receivers.....the contrast is pretty evident:

Calvin Johnson....1,681 yards, 16 TDs

Wes Welker.....1,569 yards

Victor Cruz....1,536 yards

Fitz.....1,411 yards

Steve Smith....1,394 yards

He's good......but not deserving of top 2 money. We're going to pay through the nose for him.

Maybe a change of scenery will help him move up into that top group of receivers. We def need to give RG3 some targets.

Last edited:
I think that was written by a skywriter- all smoke.

Cruz is a one year Phenom so far

And its nit really fair to compare him to the others who are top notch proven vets. Outside of Welker those guts are the elite of elite.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

If the guy wants to be paid the second highest WR salary, he should be elite of the elite.

I think our front office is smart enough to make the right choice, this is not the same guys that were signing every bozo that's been good....I think Shanahan got it wrong with McNabb...plus I think we need a big target that can catch...6'5"...goto for RGIII...i don't feel like we gave up to much for RGIII ....we swaped out 1st rounders this year....we gave only 2 first rounders (2013, 2014)and a second rounder this year ...to me for a franchise QB that is not a bad trade to move up 4 spots to get the guy you want.....I beginning to realize that alot of redskins fans have never lived through the winning years like the 80's ( Jack Kent Cooke redskins).. ..over the last decade our fans are always painting the redskins as a poor organization...Bruce Allen is changing this around...look have faith in him ..trust the moves we are making...we are going to be special again...(to me we were just a QB away from being a playoff team last year ...i mean lookwe beat the Packers 2011 anwe beat the Giants both times last year..)just have faith and trust these guys Vinny is gone and Snyder is not really pulling these strings..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.