• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Cowboys got pregame talk from Joe Gibbs

BGO

The night before the Dallas Cowboys scratched and clawed their way to a win over the Carolina Panthers, the team got an unlikely visit from a long-time nemesis. Via the Associated Press, former two-time Redskins coach Joe Gibbs, who won three Super Bowls in D.C. during the Cowboys’ 16-year title drought from 1976 through 1992,…
b.gif

More...

Say it ain't so, Joe!

I thought I read yesterday that he spoke at a chapel service? From what I read on twitter, it wasn't a pep talk, just a sermon type thing.

And Mike? Giving up on St Joe? For shame, dude.

You guys should know Gibb well enough to know it was him just being a good Christian.

I thought I read yesterday that he spoke at a chapel service? From what I read on twitter, it wasn't a pep talk, just a sermon type thing.

You guys should know Gibb well enough to know it was him just being a good Christian.

This was the impression I got from it. This is a troll piece from PFT, designed specifically to roil the Redskins' fan base, nothing more. I'm sure this is actually fairly common.

I gotta admit I don't really care.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but Joe's not part of the team anymore. He's retired. He can do what he wants.

Well, Gibbs is still on the redskins pay-role as a president/special adviser.

It was supposed to be a chapel type thing. Not really a 'pep talk'.

My first thought when I saw this yesterday was..."Absolute Blasphemy!". Yea he can do what he wants and it was just him spreading the word but a speech to the Dallas Cowboys...really Coach? I can't imagine Woody Hayes ever going to Michigan and giving a pep talk. Crazy!

They are talking about it now on 106.7. Some fans are freaking out about it.

I dunno. I just don't think it's that big a deal. Sammy Baugh spent his retirement as a vocal lifelong Cowboy fan. Whatever. He was still one of the great Redskins.

This was the impression I got from it. This is a troll piece from PFT, designed specifically to roil the Redskins' fan base, nothing more. I'm sure this is actually fairly common.

It was started yesterday morning on DC radio. PFT took it from there. Lots of callers had plenty of gripes about it and the radio hosts took it and beat it into the ground. I even heard about it on sports talk out here in LA before PFT picked it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.