• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Per ESPN, Crawford out for the year..

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Looks like that answered the Minnifield/Crawford we talked about in the chat last night

Washington Redskins' Richard Crawford out for season with knee injury - ESPN

I remember the play... he walked off under his own power with a little limp, much like Griff did after his injury in the Seattle game. Guys walking off the field under their own power is a moot point anymore... before it was when a guy walked off, it was a means for optimism, but now so many guys walk off seemingly having a minor ding, and it ends up being the end of the season for them.

Last edited:
unfortunate. I recall radio interviews after last season - he was stoked and working hard to take it to the next level. his career is now in jeopardy.

I don't believe he was a lock to make the team with the pre-season Chase Minnifield was having. His return abilities were not striking either. It is unfortunate to see him go down, but I believe this cements a solid CB in Minnifield making the roster and perhaps Chris Thompson being kept for return duties.

I don't believe he was a lock to make the team with the pre-season Chase Minnifield was having. His return abilities were not striking either. It is unfortunate to see him go down, but I believe this cements a solid CB in Minnifield making the roster and perhaps Chris Thompson being kept for return duties.

That was the same thing that popped into my head.. i said to myself "looks like Thompson has a spot now"

Figures too. One of the things I liked about his returns was that he didn't do a lot of dancing, or running backwards. You know, the ole Antwaan Randle Banks, run 30 yds to get 2. First time he tries to pull that dumb stuff, he blows his knee out. Hate that it happened.

Next man up.

As I mentioned in the chat yesterday, guys on the bubble tend to try different things in order to make plays. Had it been during the regular season or if he had a roster spot secured, I don't think you'd have seen that dancing around or running backwards. It's a shame for sure but it does appear to bode well for both Minnifield and Thompson.

Figures too. One of the things I liked about his returns was that he didn't do a lot of dancing, or running backwards. You know, the ole Antwaan Randle Banks, run 30 yds to get 2. First time he tries to pull that dumb stuff, he blows his knee out. Hate that it happened.

Next man up.

Agreed, one of the few times he did dance, he tore his knee up. I watched the replay a little while ago and if he'd run straight for the hole that was there, albeit it small, instead of cutting back he may not have gotten injured. It was after the cut, he planted his left leg then you can see the defender barreling down on him getting Crawford's knee to bend precariously.

While we have not lost a starter (fingers crossed), we have lost Keenan Robinson, Phillip Thomas and Richard Crawford in the preseason and with those guys being just 22/23 years old it's a definite setback in re team depth.

I think with kick returns de-emphasized with the rules changes, that a return guy now has to show he can contribute at a regular position on the team. Crawford was a serviceable backup corner. I don't know that a guy like Cribbs has a position. The Browns tried him at running back, wide receiver and slot TE on passing downs and he never really excelled at any of those spots.

In this day and age, I think carrying a return guy that does nothing else or holding onto a guy to strictly kickoff (Potter) is over.

Roster spots are just too valuable and COSTLY under the cap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.