• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Paloffs or Nah?

Odds of Making Playoffs?

• 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 25%

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Snowballs chance in hell

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Well, it's win 2 of 3 and maybe sneak in or a 3 game sweep needed. Where do you put the odds?

Week 16: at 49ers
Week 17: vs Browns
Week 18: vs Cowboys

Oddly, though yesterday I was digging the idea of making the playoffs I never expected us to get anywhere. I fully expected at best a one and done.
Today, and it might be post-loss blahs, I’m pretty ambivalent as to whether we get in or not. I still think it’s possible. The Giants just have our number for some reason, but I’m not sure how satisfying a playoff berth would be. After all, if Heinicke isn’t our long term starter then next year we are starting over again. The steps of this season don’t carry over (at least on offense)

Absolutely... difficult to sustain any excitement for this team. They just let you down when push comes to shove.

It’s going to be tough now, but it’s not as impossible as I thought last night. They just put themselves behind the 8 ball losing a game they had to win. It seems like they do this every time they are in the hunt. The thing is, they could come out and upset the Niners this weekend and I don’t think any of us would be surprised. And even less so if they followed that up with a loss to Cleveland. It’s what they have done for years. But anyway, there is a shot. The margin of error is slim, but they could get some help as well.

I put this in a different thread, but I’ll add it here as well. If you want to see the different scenarios, you can use the ESPN playoff engine.

We got a shot. The Oline needs to get cleaned up and Turner needs to put aside his ego.

I hope St-Juste can play the rest of the way.

I think Heinicke will run more which opens up the chance of him getting hurt, but he knows this will essentially be playoff time from here on out.

The trade down and subsequent drafting of Dotson and Robinson Jr(and Phidarian on IR), is looking amazing right now. Major kudos to that Draft Room team. Those 2 players will have a huge determination on if we can win at least 2 of the last 3.

Here is the problem as I see it.

On its day, this team is capable of beating any team in the league. That is the good news.

The bad news is that it is also capable of losing to any team in the league and maybe one or two NCAA Div I schools.

I won't bet on them getting into the playoffs but if they do, I also won't bet on them losing in the Wild Card round.

You should run for office :)

You say that like it's a bad thing. :cool:

I have always felt that winning two of our final four games would be enough to squeeze into the playoffs. The problem is that winning the Giants game took on far more importance than winning any of the others, and we blew it. Now we are staring at a situation where we have to steal a game against a top tier team in the NFC (Dallas or SF) and hope that we aren't going to get an elite version of Deshaun Watson in two weeks as well. A lot has to break our way and we also are going to likely have to do some scoreboard watching as well. When you start doing that in late December, you are often setting yourself up for disappointment.

Playoff odds?

Crappy start.
Mid-season surge.
Collapse down the stretch.

Another day. Another Doug.

Being the eternal optimist that I am, I’ll give ‘em a 50% chance to make it. If they pull out nine wins that should be enough.

If we can win 2 of 3 and Detroit and Seattle both drop one of the next three, we are in. Other scenario is Giants losing out which is unlikely. And of course we control our own destiny by winning out.

If we can win 2 of 3 and Detroit and Seattle both drop one of the next three, we are in. Other scenario is Giants losing out which is unlikely. And of course we control our own destiny by winning out.

We have to hope that Dallas has nothing to play for in the final week - that could give us an edge in terms of finding a way of winning two of the final three games.

All in all, even if we squeeze in, I have zero expectations that the team can make noise in the playoffs. However, I would LOVE to get another shot at Cousins and the Vikings in the opening round. That would be entertaining.

Until we can score more than 20 points in a game I put the odds of paloffs highly unlikely, largely out of reach and hopelessly painful to watch no matter what. That's the optimist in me at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.