• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OT JAMMAL BROWN

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
PicImg_New_Orleans_Saints_391a.jpg

OT JAMMAL BROWN

Height: 6-6 Weight: 313 Age: 29
Born: 3/30/1981 Waxahachie , TX
College: Oklahoma
Experience: 6th season
High School: MacArthur HS [Lawton, OK]

brown.PNG

Saints Agree to Swap OL Brown for Redskins Conditional Pick

NFL.com

The New Orleans Saints agreed to trade OL Jammal Brown to the Washington Redskins, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi confirms via a league source.

The Times-Picayune was the first to report the story Saturday.

Brown, a restricted free agent, can't be traded until he signs his tender offer. Brown has agreed to sign the tender to complete the trade, which would give the Saints a conditional draft pick pending Brown's physical, according to Lombardi.

Brown, who is entering his sixth season, has spent his entire career with the Saints after they chose him with the 13th overall pick of the 2005 draft. He was placed on the injured reserve list and did not play last season after undergoing surgery for a sports hernia and suffering a hip injury.

Now that he's fully healed, the two-time Pro Bowler will likely start at left tackle for the Redskins, who were in need of an experienced lineman to protect QB Donovan McNabb. Fourth overall pick Trent Williams will likely slide to right tackle.

Adam Schefter

The Washington Redskins and New Orleans Saints have agreed on a deal for Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jammal Brown, according to a team source.

The trade is subject to a physical. Brown flew to Washington mid-afternoon Saturday, and is scheduled to undergo the physical later in the day.

The Saints' compensation in the deal is tied to the Redskins' trade with the Eagles for quarterback Donovan McNabb.

After Saturday's trade for Brown, Washington will be without its third- and fourth-round picks in 2011, but it also will be getting back a later pick from New Orleans, according to a league source.

Washington owes the Eagles a third- or fourth-round pick in 2011 for McNabb, based on how the quarterback plays or the team performs. If the Redskins win nine games, or go to the playoffs, or McNabb gets selected to the Pro Bowl, then Philadelphia will receive Washington's third-round pick and New Orleans will get Washington's fourth. If none of those happen, then the Eagles will get the Redskins' fourth-round pick and the Saints will get the Redskins' third-round pick.

If the Saints recieve Washington's fourth-round pick, then the Redskins will get a sixth- or seventh-round pick back from the Saints. However, if Washington's fourth-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Redskins get fifth-round pick from New Orleans.

There is also a conditional 2012 sixth-round pick involved. Should Brown play 90 percent of the plays next season or get voted to the Pro Bowl, then Washington will send its 2012 sixth-round pick to New Orleans. After Saturday's trade, Washington has six picks left in the 2011 draft.

medium_jammal%20brown%20block.jpg

And look---he's as fast as Reggie Frickin' Bush

Last edited:
Interesting editorial comment at the end of the NFL.com statement about Brown starting at LT and Williams moving to RT. Have to wonder if that's just the author's opinion or based on something told him by the "league source" who confirmed the trade.

Near the end of Schefter's article he has the opposite:

Brown and first-round pick Trent Williams can play either tackle position. But the initial plan is to have Williams at left and Brown at right.

It's a very good question, Anne. To me it's only a problem if it turns out Brown isn't capable of locking down RT. They pretty much have to play Williams at LT--because if it turns out he can't play over there, the selection that high and the cost of it is going to be a problem they don't want to deal with.

Brown could start the season at LT if they're not sure Williams is ready that early, but I'd be pretty surprised if Williams isn't starting over there by week 4 or 5.

Gotta believe the thinking is to play Brown at RT for the next few years, and that they made that part of their evaluation and conversations with Brown before they agreed on a deal.

I love this move. Strong veteran talent where we most needed it, and the guy is 29. O-lineman can play into their mid-30's with no trouble whatsoever, as long as there technique is good.

Speaking of which, the photo that accompanies this story is a picture of perfect technique. Strong base, arms tight to the body and not reaching, head up.

I also like to say "Waxahachie." But that's more of a personal preference, and not as important to playing successful football. :)

It's a very good question, Anne. To me it's only a problem if it turns out Brown isn't capable of locking down RT. They pretty much have to play Williams at LT--because if it turns out he can't play over there, the selection that high and the cost of it is going to be a problem they don't want to deal with.

Brown could start the season at LT if they're not sure Williams is ready that early, but I'd be pretty surprised if Williams isn't starting over there by week 4 or 5.

Gotta believe the thinking is to play Brown at RT for the next few years, and that they made that part of their evaluation and conversations with Brown before they agreed on a deal.

The press release in the other thread said that Brown made the all rookie team at RT in '05, so there's that.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

So... I think we can all agree with that the Skins had the 2nd or 3rd worst O-line in the NFL in 2009. Now with the squad we have in 2010, where do you think we rank this year? It will help that we have a QB that can get rid of the ball a little faster too. Plus the running game should be better also.

So... I think we can all agree with that the Skins had the 2nd or 3rd worst O-line in the NFL in 2009. Now with the squad we have in 2010, where do you think we rank this year? It will help that we have a QB that can get rid of the ball a little faster too. Plus the running game should be better also.

76, IMO, top 1/3 of the league. Not only do I think we have more talent, and a QB who will get rid of the ball as you said, but Shanahan's lines have always maximized less than ideal talent. I'm excited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.