• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Orakpo, Rob Jackson, and the offseason

What is your view on Orakpo, after the season ?

• Orkapo is fine, and should be re-signed, and not be replaced.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Jackson is good enough to replace Orakpo

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Orakpo should be replaced, but by someone on the roster besides Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orakpo should be replaced by someone who is not currently on our roster.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FTS, you have too much time on your hands !

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
There's been some talk about not wanting Orakpo around, after this year.
Do you see Rob Jackson capably stepping into those shoes, or someone else on the roster, or outside the roster ?
Or one of the other options on the poll, which I am adding as I type this.

I'd have no problem with Jackson replacing Rak..... With all his hype, we should be able to get some sort of fair trade value out of Rak, maybe an early second. Maybe I'm dreaming, and he wouldn't get us that high of a pick, but I'm not too concerned. My biggest concern is we keep Rak, and over pay for under achieving. We need to fill lots of holes, and Jackson is a good value for the level of play we get from him.

He plays out his contract, we end up signing him on for another year with an incentive laden contract and people like me who hoped he'd have been part of the trade to St. Louis are going to go ape ****! I like Brian Orakpo, but we need to cut bait...

Part of me wonders whether Coaches just don't know what to do with him... which means they have to go. I keep looking at someone like Adam Oates who revitalized Alex Ovechkin's career and got him to learn. Is Ovie just that much more talented and able at his given sport than 'Rak? Who knows...

Nick

I asked John Keim about this, and got BLASTED by him and a random fan. They basically said he is playing much better than we're giving him credit for, so take that for what it's worth.

Maybe Rak is playing better than we think or are giving him credit for but the fact is that the defense as a whole played better without him last year. Let Keim explain that one.

Maybe Rak is playing better than we think or are giving him credit for but the fact is that the defense as a whole played better without him last year. Let Keim explain that one.

I asked, he avoided the question. :)

Part of me wonders whether Coaches just don't know what to do with him... which means they have to go. I keep looking at someone like Adam Oates who revitalized Alex Ovechkin's career and got him to learn. Is Ovie just that much more talented and able at his given sport than 'Rak? Who knows...

Nick

Kerrigan played the same position in college as Rak, and has made the transition to OLB about as seamlessly as it gets. He's quickly becoming a game changer. Rak has had the same coaches. The only difference I see is the players will to excel. Why isn't Rak being used like Kerrigan, moving to different spots on the line to create mismatches ? I think the coaches know exactly what to do with him, keep it simple for his limited skill set.

This isn't an endorsement of the coaching staff, but I can't lay Rak's lack of production on the coaches.

Jackson can certainly replace him. But here is my chief concern:

Who comes in Jackson gets injured?

Last edited:
Jackson can certainly replace him. But here is my chief concern:

Who comes in Jackson gets injured?

Brandon Jenkins. He's already in the rotation as a rookie, covering for Rak when he's gassed, and playing the left side when Kerrigan moves inside. From what I can tell, the coaches are pretty high on the kid. Scary, but we actually have some depth.

According to Keim, Rak is light-years ahead of Jenkins. FWIW

And we should expect that Lanky...Jenkins is a rookie. But Rak has reached his ceiling and it's not pro bowl quality anymore. He still has the rush...but he seems to be worse at the run than ever...not containing the edge...completely whiffing, tackling the RB high and watching the RB end up with a 10 yard gain instead of a 2 yards loss. He just isn't good against the run.

Darryl Tapp has looked pretty damn good when he's played, too.

The ball is in Rak's court here. He can shut every damn one of us up with his play. He has yet to do so.

I hate to say this, but he's just a mouth away from LaWanda Land. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point.

Nick

It's a shame, considering how many members we have, that more don't vote in the polls. It just doesn't serve as a gauge as to what the fans think with so few involved.

Back on topic.... Keim, and the vast majority of media folks seem to latch onto certain players, and strap on the blinders until the bandwagon starts to roll away from said player (s). Few dare to step away from the group. We need to remember, because their professional media people, they surely know more then the people who actually watch ever snap of every game.

It's a shame, considering how many members we have, that more don't vote in the polls. It just doesn't serve as a gauge as to what the fans think with so few involved.

Agreed Miles!

In this case, I have not voted because I'm not to sure that I don't want to see the team try to move him for a draft pick before the trading deadline and that isn't an option. Have not made up my mind about it yet though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.