• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Only the 4th sweep since 2002

Playoff teams do that with a little bit of regularity. Two sweeps in 2005 = the last time we won a playoff game. Had we also swept Dallas and had a couple calls go our way, who knows what could have happened.

I swear this team is bi-polar. So close and yet so far.

I swear this team is bi-polar. So close and yet so far.

Yeah, it's weird. As good as we have looked over the last four games (or whatever), we looked so godawful bad in the middle of the season. I mean, terrible. Like if we played the Colts, I'm not sure who would win. At the beginning of the year, we looked competent at least, then brutal, then actually bordering on very good here lately.

I think in part what happened was after the bye on the offensive side of the ball we were anhilated by injuries. Moss, Cooley, Hightower (our top three offensive threats) Williams, Corey, etc. Heck, even Grossman with his pneumonia.

It took a while for this team to regain its balance and for the youngsters to begin to get their sea legs. Honestly, what I thought was the final stake through the heart of the team (the suspenscion of Davis and Williams) turned out to be something that really ignited the Redskins.

Makes me almost wonder how those two are viewed in the lockerroom.

You know it's funny, I forgot about the injuries, Burgold. You're right. We got decimated this year, some of which was probably at least somewhat due to the shortened training camp/offseason. Be interesting to see how that plays out next year.

Yup, there was a part of me that really thought we were cursed when Hankerson went down. I was thinking, is anyone allowed to have a good game for the Redskins? We really ran a MASH unit for a while and if you think about Smith and Polumbus... Smith is an undrafted LT that we had to grab off our PS because we were so thin. Polumbus, we had to grab off the street mid-season.

That's injury riddled.

I still like how every week, Rex sticks it to those who were begging for Beck because of the Grossman turnovers. I said it then, and I can say it now with evidence to back it - even with Rex throwing 2 or 3 INTs, we are rarely ever out of a game when he's playing.

Please don't misconstrue this as me being a fan of Wrecks :laugh:

I just hope beyond hope that we draft any QB OTHER THAN Luck, even if it isn't possible to get him. He has the next Ryan Leaf written all over him, and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole. RG3 is the only QB that impresses me as far as NFL caliber goes.

I still like how every week, Rex sticks it to those who were begging for Beck because of the Grossman turnovers. I said it then, and I can say it now with evidence to back it - even with Rex throwing 2 or 3 INTs, we are rarely ever out of a game when he's playing.

You know who really sticks it to those begging for Beck?

Buffalo.

Good lord are they awful. Since, their 4-1 start they've given up over 30 points a game and given up at least 23 points in every single game. Except for when they played us, and shut us out. Since that 4-1 start they've only sacked opposing QBs 17 times. 10 of them were against us.

Every week I look at the score of the Bills game and just shake my head.

Yeah, it's weird. As good as we have looked over the last four games (or whatever), we looked so godawful bad in the middle of the season. I mean, terrible. Like if we played the Colts, I'm not sure who would win. At the beginning of the year, we looked competent at least, then brutal, then actually bordering on very good here lately.

Hmmm. I remember someone pointing this phenomenon out earlier in the season ... oh yes, that was me. :)

Me said:
Records by quarter:

2011: 3-1, 0-4, 1-3, 1-1 (so far)
2010: 2-2, 2-2, 1-3, 1-3
2009: 2-2, 0-4, 1-3, 1-3
2008: 3-1, 3-1, 1-3, 1-3
2007: 3-1, 2-2, 0-4, 4-0
2006: 2-2, 1-3, 1-3, 2-2
2005: 3-1, 2-2, 1-3, 4-0
2004: 1-3, 2-2, 1-3, 2-2
2003: 3-1, 0-4, 1-3, 1-3
2002: 2-2, 2-2, 1-3, 2-2

A couple things stand out to me:
- We generally play our best in September.
- We generally play our worst over the middle eight games, specifically November. That third quarter of the season is just brutal.

I added 2011 in to illustrate just how consistent this is with previous years here. This is something we have to figure out.

Hmmm. I remember someone pointing this phenomenon out earlier in the season ... oh yes, that was me. :)

I added 2011 in to illustrate just how consistent this is with previous years here. This is something we have to figure out.

Yes, that 3rd quarter is brutal. I don't know that it's something that you can figure out necessarily because the trend continues throughout that whole period, yet that period encompasses the tenures of 4 different head coaches. Perhaps the common thread is turnover or lack of continuity. Maybe if we get some continuity in coaching we can have some consistency on the field.

it all comes down to quarterbacking. the Redskins have had the poorest QB performances over time of the 4 teams in the East.

Manning has been solid for the most part with some stretches of excellence.

Romo has been very good in the regular season, less so in the playoffs.

McNabb and then Vick last year were better for the Eagles than what we had to offer.

So, it's not that surprising that the Redskins haven't fared that well in comparison to the other clubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.