• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Only 1 out of 16 "Analysts" picked RG3 to be O.R.O.Y.

No one knows how the Redskins are going to do.

There is a chance you will a rookie starting at both qb and rb against the Saints with a converted tight end in Niles Paul catching passes down the seam.

Will it all go well?

We shall see.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

There is a chance you will a rookie starting at both qb and rb against the Saints with a converted tight end in Niles Paul catching passes down the seam.

But Luck doesn't exactly have a talented or sure-fire supporting cast, either.
So RG3's supporting cast alone, certainly does not merit Luck receiving such an overwhelming amount of votes by that margin.

Shanahan has a history of running the ball and limiting pass attempts, so I think there is a recognition that even if successful Griffin is not going to be a 4,000 yard passer in
2012. Luck, by contrast, appears to be put into an offense where he IS going to throw it 30 times a game.

Everyone picks Luck. This is a shock?

Of course they will. He's the better prospect, which is why he was drafted first.

Everyone picks Luck. This is a shock?

Of course they will. He's the better prospect, which is why he was drafted first.

This. I don't see a reason to find fault with the picks. If we had the #1 pick we would have taken Luck too.

What is the Colts history in re run/pass?

How about Shanahan in Denver and Washington?

Offensive awards are about yards, ie statistics.

And in Shanahan's scheme the qb is going to put up good numbers but never Brees, Rodgers or Brady type numbers.

Luck with the lack of talent at RB in Indy will be throwing the ball 30 times a game.

So, I would pick him too.

But if RG3 is throwing only 20 times a game, and running 10 times a game (which is conceivable with our O-line) and totalling 100 rushing yards a game with those scrambles, then of course, that's going to factor into the award.

Only five teams (IIRC) have thrown more passes than Shanahan's Redskins over the past two years. And that was with the inaccurate McNabb and error prone Grossman. We are going to throw the ball, folks. A lot.

But if RG3 is throwing only 20 times a game, and running 10 times a game (which is conceivable with our O-line) and totalling 100 rushing yards a game with those scrambles, then of course, that's going to factor into the award.

If Griffin gains 1600 yards on the ground, he'll likely be OROY, you're correct. Problem is, that would shatter the current single-season record held by Mr. Vick, which is 1,039 (pre dog-murdering Vick). I just don't see that being even remotely reasonable to expect! Its hard enough for rookie RBs to crack 1000 yards, but our rookie QB is going to do it?

Only five teams (IIRC) have thrown more passes than Shanahan's Redskins over the past two years. And that was with the inaccurate McNabb and error prone Grossman. We are going to throw the ball, folks. A lot.

Can't remember who said it (Griffin or Garçon), but someone said there's going to be "a lot" of deep balls this season. I can't wait, personally.

You have to factor in that the Redskins threw the ball a lot in the past because they quickly absorbed deficits in games where they had to come back.

With a better defense, my guess is Shanahan will be looking more for ball control and possession in 2012 than previously.

Once you fall behind in a game 14-0, you are going to throw the ball almost exclusively.

Hopefully that won't be the case in 2012.

Perhaps. As Neo pointed out somewhere, this is more of a passing league than it was when Shanny was in Denver. And this really isn't Mike's offense anyways. It's Kyles.

I still maintain we are going to throw the ball. A lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.