• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

On Taking a Stand and Redskins Fandom

Feel your frustration Ry. The hardest decision is whether to walk away or fight back (what one does when attacked).

its reaching at the very least.

the military thing...was reaching.
this...is reaching,

I get that people like the concept and are trying to get onboard. I just dont see the ties to any wolves in DC like I dont see the ties with redtails.

how many people here are black and think/believe/ponder/research the idea that most of your forefathers were actually native indians and not boated in Africans?
some black historians seem to subscribe to this.
makes the name change all the more suspect of helping erase history.
notice how the only black QBs to win a SB, were on indian themed teams and this happens after an Indian themed team wins in season 100.
something is really fishy here.
seahawks- the logo is indian mask art.
and by the way Seahawks, Redskins both beat Denver and SF had a coach and GM related from/to Denver when they lost the SB to KC.
nothing is coincidence. Nothing.

Red Tails even if you like the concept is difficult to put into a logo. You would have to size an image of a P-51 Mustang fighter for the helmet showing the tail section of the airplane. Perhaps they could show one in a dive, streaking down from above.

I doubt Snyder is moving to that concept/image as he wants to sell stuff. And the easiest way to sell stuff is to kids. And what do kids like? Animals!

I remember when the Panthers came into the NFL after 1995, I went to a couple of their games (one here at Fedex) and I swear 70% of the people in line for merchandise were 10-11 year old kids with mom or dad looking for a stuffed Panther or sweatshirt with the raised logo.

how many people here are black and think/believe/ponder/research the idea that most of your forefathers were actually native indians and not boated in Africans?
some black historians seem to subscribe to this.
makes the name change all the more suspect of helping erase history.
notice how the only black QBs to win a SB, were on indian themed teams and this happens after an Indian themed team wins in season 100.
something is really fishy here.
seahawks- the logo is indian mask art.
and by the way Seahawks, Redskins both beat Denver and SF had a coach and GM related from/to Denver when they lost the SB to KC.
nothing is coincidence. Nothing.
They must grow some good shit in Oregon. You know the X-Files is just a TV show, right?

So, when is Donald Trump going to be activated from sleeper status by the alien little grays before the invasion of the planet? :)

the "real indians are black" asshats have been coming out of the woodwork with all this nonsense. but here is a fly in the ointment, the Lubicon Cree in the far north of alberta Canada, remained uncontacted by white people until the seventies. they had no contact with black people either. They look exactly like the Cree in Fort Vermillion and Tall cree and Hobbema, oddly enough. guess who they do not look like? black people.

there are groups spreading nation of islam nonsense about how blacks are the real indians and the real jews, its just nonsense to anyone capable of reading a book.

Red Tails even if you like the concept is difficult to put into a logo. You would have to size an image of a P-51 Mustang fighter for the helmet showing the tail section of the airplane. Perhaps they could show one in a dive, streaking down from above.

We'd be accused of using "weapons of war" on our logo and promoting violence. As crazy as that sounds you KNOW I'm right.

Being a Redskins fan is just like being a meth addict. You know it's no good for you and will only bring you misery, but memories of highs that are long and forever gone keep dragging you back in. I can only hope that the name change is the final wake up call to pull my life together and find a new team that hasn't been destroyed by Lord Farquaad.

Snyder is at the center of everything.

His ownership of the team due to the knives that are out for him league-wide make Washington a continuing target as we lurch from issue to issue.

This isn’t going to stop after the name change.

The ownership issues, revelations about how Bruce conducted a reign of terror, etc. are out there and will continue to dog us.

Dan needs to go.

If the NFL finds anything substantial to nail the team with there may be enough internal league pressure for him to have to sell.

2020 is going to continue to be a watershed here.

I'd love to believe whatever the 'news' is, it's something so bad that heads at the top have to roll. I think that's a fantasy though. Snyder will always find a way to shed responsibility and scapegoat others, and Goodell and the owners group will always support ownership (even ownership they hate) because the most important priority for them is ensuring no one challenges their own position and that the gold keeps flowing.

Not true. If there is a smoking gun on a team scandal that involves racism or sexism by the C-Suite you could see another Jerry Richardson or Donald Sterling type exit.

I didn't rule it out as an 'impossibility' - but the ownership group's biggest focus is protecting themselves - and the current 'cancel culture' you are referencing will make them circle the wagons more tightly, not sacrifice one of their own. These guys know, if one of them can be forced out by today's definition of a 'scandal', they are all vulnerable. They could care less if a franchise has to be forced to change it's name, that's a bone they are more than happy to throw to the mob. But allowing the mob to determine which owners get to stay? Sorry - I think it would have to be something truly shocking and outrageous for them to allow that to happen (such as Snyder personally being involved in sexual harassment or something being deemed 'racist'). Anything is possible, but I don't view it as likely short of that.

If there is an open battle between Snyder and the other owners, that could be the business pretext the league ultimately needs to pressure a sale as Snyder doesn’t have the liquidity to buy out their shares.

That is just business.

the "real indians are black" asshats have been coming out of the woodwork with all this nonsense. but here is a fly in the ointment, the Lubicon Cree in the far north of alberta Canada, remained uncontacted by white people until the seventies. they had no contact with black people either. They look exactly like the Cree in Fort Vermillion and Tall cree and Hobbema, oddly enough. guess who they do not look like? black people.

there are groups spreading nation of islam nonsense about how blacks are the real indians and the real jews, its just nonsense to anyone capable of reading a book.
Who said every tribe had to be black. The truth is you yourself haven't researched anything. It makes sense in that American blacks look nothing like African blacks in bone and muscle structure.

There were many tribes here of many colors. American history is being destroyed, to hide that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.