• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Omicron Club

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Well, after being surrounded by COVID for several years at work, I finally got it. I attended my Father-In-Law's funeral service which had been postponed for over a year due to the pandemic. Turns out my Mother-In-Law , who barely even leaves her house, had it. I am pretty sure It's Omicron - because Omicron does not appear to impact smell or taste, and I've had no issues with either.

I've got to say, had I not gotten my 2nd booster less than a month ago, I think I'd be hospitalized right now. Had I not gotten vaccinated at all, I think this would be it for me.

I know there are those who are lucky and have mild or even no symptoms. I'm not one of those. The past 3 days have been a bitch. Haven't had fevers over 102 since I was a kid. The headache alone is enough to drive you insane because it simply will not go away.

I'll confess, I have gotten pretty lackadaisical about precautions over the past 6 months, probably as most of us have and likely for the same reason as others. I'm tired of them. But after this experience (which I sorely hope I am through the worst of), I am going to be a lot more cautious. You do not want this shit if you can possibly avoid it. Brutal.

I had it the other week undiagnosed, but I know I did because the person I work closely with had the exact same symptoms and tested positive.

It was an absolute butt kicker. Fever, every joint cracked and ached, and I couldn't walk from bed to the bathroom without feeling like I was going to pass out from exhaustion.

Stephen got it then, too. Same things. We stayed home, hydrated, rested, and did what we could. We've both recovered fully and tested negative.

It seems the strand keeps mutating as flus and viruses do. Most people don't lose sense of smell of taste anymore, and it seems to go away quicker. Just my thoughts on it.

Glad you're feeling better and back up and mobile.

Sorry man - it is definitely a bitch. I guess in some ways, it's good to get it over with and realize you'll survive it. But it is no cake walk. Take care of yourselves people, and do everything you can to avoid it - trust us.

Hi John,

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you feel better bit by bit each day - it is a process and definitely requires patience. From my personal experience, it tended to linger (although milder in severity as time went on) and that was a really frustrating aspect of it. Hope the worst of it has passed for you and that you are getting stronger. Be well.

I never had it from the start until this past May. I only had the initial two doses and only those because of international travel regulations.

It lasted 3 weeks until I starred to feel my strength return but for 3 off the early days it f’ing sucked. One night I thought to myself that I didn’t really care if I died that night. The headaches were absolutely no joke.

I hope you’re getting at least a bit better each day. Godspeed.

Get better soon, Boone.

I know how you feel. Like you, I managed to avoid this till a couple of months ago. Kicked me on my ass for about 3 or 4 days, then the other symptoms persisted for a week or so.
Do not want it again.

Todays random COVID symptom - tongue bleeding. Because, you know, I hadn’t gotten to experience that yet.

Jesus.

Oh yeah, I’ve been coughing from the start. Throat is killing me.

So sorry to hear this! Here's hoping for a full, complete, and easy recovery.

Thanks my friend

John,

Hope you are going to turn a corner soon and start noticing some improvement. This sucks that you are feeling like this and I hope you will be well quickly. I saw that you mentioned something about antivirals. If you can get approved for them by your doc, the paxlovid makes a big difference. If you are within the five day window of symptom onset, they are a game changer. Be well and thinking of you.

I tried on Friday Paul but for whatever reason the NP I was speaking to didn’t think they were warranted. Think if I’d been able to speak to my physician he’d have ordered something. I feel a little better this morning so hopefully turning the corner.

I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully you are turning the corner. I had mouth sores when I had it. That was the most annoying symptom. I say annoying because it didn't concern me like the high fever, cough, or exhaustion. I was using Listerine 4 or 5 times a day to help with that.

Also, I heard this from others and when I had the flu (COVID test was negative), it was in early December and it was unseasonably warm. I sat outside in the sun for about 30 minutes. My headache and sore throat that had been hitting me for 2 days were gone after that. It was the craziest thing, but being December, I wasn't outside much other than that, so I guess my body craved that vitamin D. When I actually had confirmed COVID a month later, it was cold and rainy so I never got to be in the sun. So I don't know if it would have helped or not. But I did hear from family who got it the previous summer that sitting outside in the sun helped.

I hope you feel better. I know working in the medical industry, you've heard everything to do and probably know more than most of us on dealing with hit. But I just wanted to share with you what helped me other than time to let it pass.

Waiting for your status report. Hoping to hear of some promising progress.

I feel better. Basically a 4 day course of ‘this sucks’. Just dealing with fatigue, cough, and headache now. I’m going to try and go back to work tomorrow even if I’m not 100%. Thanks for asking 🤛🏻

Fatigue for me was the longest lasting issue and that comes with my being in excellent CV condition prior.

I would get out of bed, walk downstairs, and immediately feel exhausted.

Just seeing this, Boone. Hope you get better soon. I've had a few bouts with it too. First and last times were the worst, as far as being dog-tired, chills and 102 temp. Last round affected my my sense of taste and smell, but they bounced back after a couple of weeks. Between getting sick and having the shots, I'm hoping that I have enough antibodies built up to prevent this from happening again. Hang in there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.