• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Rant of the Day

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Three Good Things is awesome, but let's keep it real - sometimes you just need to rant about the little things in life that drive you crazy!

I'll get us started. When I was a kid, no one would even think about talking about Christmas until we'd at least gotten through Thanksgiving. But now, as soon as Halloween and the pumpkin spice craze arrives, it starts. There are people who have already put up Christmas trees. Regardless of what your religious or personal belief system is, it's already difficult to keep the 'spirit' of the holiday season in mind. Christmas is so commercialized today, the sentiments that the holiday season is supposed to be focus on seem like a quaint afterthought.

It is not December. It's barely November. It's not time yet.

Just.

Stop.

And if you celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Festivus and feel those holidays don't get their just due, this is a perfect place to bitch about it :)

12187891_1330975393674057_6325900805438496763_n.png

Last edited:
I will second this, I went to buy additional Halloween candy Saturday morning as the anticipated 30 kids ballooned to an estimated 100 in my neighborhood, the store was already all decked out in Christmas decor to purchase - IT WAS STILL F***ING HALLOWEEN!!

Cannot f’n stand someone tailgating me. I usually go around 3-5 mph over the speed limit and get super annoyed when I see a bumper filling up my rear view mirror. Anymore I’ll be like “okay now I’m gonna make us both late asshole!”

I'm all about Christmas. Always have been. The lights, the feeling of festivity. I love it all!!

My rant: I am sick and tired of people talking shit to each other online. People would be a lot nicer if they had to be face to face when they did it. People who would never say anything now feel brave enough to call each other the most vile names.

This country needs a good Wrestlemania with chairs and tables!

Seems to be heading more towards a purge type scenario

I cannot stand Dan Snyder, that weasel, f**king midget! I would love to punch him in the mouth!

I am so utterly tired and pissed from all the politics of this country.

We need a state that will host a MMA tournament. Winners get to advance. But, this talking shit back and forth saying things you would never say in person is just stupid. Someone told me the other day they hope my kids get COVID because I had a question about the lockdown. That is the type of vile being said from the safety of a keyboard.

had a recruiter reach out to me on LinkedIn for a direct hire position. We went through my resume, talked, and she submitted me for the job. This was about a week long process and within 24 hours of submitting me I was asked to interview.

Then, nothing...I didn't hear anything when it came time for the actual scheduling of the interview.

So, I asked her what was going on. She said that I must have applied for the position some months back and that "they were deciding what they wanted to do next" and then crickets. I sent her an email today telling her I had no idea that I applied and wouldn't have wasted my time if I had known I did or that it would somehow disqualify me.

Again, crickets. Not a single word back. She doesn't owe me anything and I am pretty sure the silence means what I think it does. But, F&(((*&)(*&T%&^%$%^$&*^*^)*(K!!! I hate when shit like that happens to me. I was sure I got it and was primed to jump in salary big time.

That sucks. Then again, if you could look 2 years down the road, maybe you dodged a bullet and it would've been a terrible job that you didn't enjoy. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

The digital age has brought some very valuable life enhancements.

The employment process is not one of them.

So, a few months back our heat pump stopped working. Had our local guys come out but they were clueless as to what was going on and as a result I ended up making a switch to a new company. One of my friends who is a nurse owns a Heating and AC company with her husband and thought it was an ideal time to make a change. They came out and got our heat pump fixed. Very expensive but no complaints otherwise.

During this stretch our 15 year old window unit in our sunroom (now my golf sim room) dies. I ask them to come out and give me an estimate on options. Guy comes out, spends like 3 hours here. Overkill. Initially they try to sell me on a mini-split but it was obvious there just isn't room for one. It's a small space which is at a premium to maximize swing space - so a minisplit was out. The guy takes a bunch of measurements and leaves with a promise to call me next week with an estimate on a replacement window unit. 3 weeks later I've heard nothing. We call the company. No response for 3 more days. I contact my friend (company co-owner) and bitch. We finally get a return call. They've got our replacement unit but are 'waiting on a contractor because they may need to build a stand for the new unit'. They send me an estimate that I have to approve. It's expensive as hell, but I approve it.

They finally come back out to 'install the new unit' a month into the process. My wife calls me and says 'they say it'll require a whole additional fuse box and construction of a stand, and that'll cost an additional $5,000. I told my wife to tell them I am not paying a cent more and to not do any work. They then offer the idea that what I really need is a 'portable AC/Heating combo unit'. They offer to go that route for $5000 or I can order the unit myself for $1000 and they'll 'install it' for an additional $1800.

I go online. I talk to Brother Om who is a lot more 'home do-it-yourselfer-oriented than I am. I find a Black and Decker combo ac/heating unit for $400 (not $1000). I buy it. It arrives 2 days later. I unpack the unit. I buy a 6" drill circular drill bit and drill a 6" hole for the exhaust tube in the wall. I drink a beer. I plug the unit in. Project completed. Total cost $475 (beer not included).

Fucking ripoff artists (and keep in mind - this is my 'friends' company. They had the balls to put a promo sign in my front yard which I am getting ready to go urinate on before I pull it up. Customer service and business reliability no longer exists in 2022.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.