• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate 05/10 (Platinum Lot A)

pez

Camp Fodder
Reaction score
Official 2014 Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate

ddpt2014.jpg

The snow is gone.... time to party!

Well folks, the hibernation is over.. is everyone fully rested and raring to go for a new season?! It has been too long and we have been anxious to see our beloved redskins family! This is THE THREAD for THE TAILGATE! This is the one everyone loves. A great day of good drinks, good food, good music and good company! This is Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate! An event that goes from dawn till dusk. A day where we don't have to rush around, a day where we don't have to worry about a win or a loss, just a great day to have fun with all your fellow fans. We will once again have one of the greatest bands from this area play with us again: Sons of the Radio! So come on out, bring your friends, bring your families, and bring your love for our one and only Washington Redskins!

Once again, we will have containers available for the Extremeskins Charity Funds. There will be two containers. One container will be for pop tabs (the little tabs on the top of aluminum beer and soda cans)... this is to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. If you drink a beer or coke, don't forget to take off the tab and put it in the container before throwing away!!! The other container will be for monetary donations, and will be for the the charity selected selected this year: Camp Fantastic (for kids with cancer) Please donate what you can, there are needy folks out there that can use our help! This will be the last time to donate to this charity before we turn over the raised funds.

I am sure most of you are familiar with our tailgate threads, but I like to emphasize that we try to be as organized as we possibly can. At the bottom of this post you will see 4 sections (Food, Drinks, Supplies and Needed Items). We ask that if you plan on attending, please donate items to the tailgate and check what we have and what we need and post what you can bring. I will keep the lists updated as frequently as I can. We understand that in some situations, that folks cannot bring something, but please remember the more folks bring, the better the tailgate!

Groups in Attendance:

• Burgundy and Gold Obsession
  • HailRedskins
  • ExtremeSkins

What Is It?

The Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate is probably our most popular event of the year, and it keeps getting bigger every year! We hold this tailgate at Fedex Field on the same day the Redskins hold their Draft Day Party, where fans can enjoy various events in the stadium.

The Mega Draft Day Party Tailgate is a massive tailgate that gathers tailgate groups and fans from all over the parking lots on regular game days into one central spot. The tailgate runs all day from Dawn till Dusk and is one big festival of fans. If you like to eat great food and enjoy tasty beverages while playing games, listening to tunes and chatting about the burgundy and gold with fellow die hard fans, then this is the place for you!

Please read this entire post for all the details!

When Is It?

May 10th (Saturday). From Dawn until Dusk!

There will be a group of us there for our ritualistic: "Shots at Dawn"

Where Is It?

Platinum A Lot at Fedex Field

The section is listed as A1 on Fedex Field's Parking Guide you can see here:

We will be in the same spot as last year, which is on the outer edge of the solar power overhangs. We do this, so we have shade available to us and if it is a nice day, we can catch some rays.. plus the Redskins don't like folks cooking directly underneath the solar panels.

Here is the parking and directions page for Fedex Field (use directions for Platinum A parking):

Redskins.com | Parking & Directions

Who Can Come?

Absolutely everyone is welcome... the more the merrier! This particular tailgate is referred to as the Mega Tailgate, because we invite tailgate groups and fans from all over the parking lots on regular game days into one central spot. Think of it as a U.N. meeting of tailgates!

Fans from any team, their friends and their families are all welcome to join in the fun. We ask if you come to the tailgate, that you remember one thing... treat others as you would want to be treated! We do not tolerate any physical violence, threats, property damage, etc. at this tailgate! Fans of all ages are welcome (We have non-alcoholic items as well). We have lots of kids at our tailgate!

I will be updating the top of this event posting with the official groups/sites who will be attending.

What Can I Do?

We are a potluck style tailgate, so please bring food, drinks, or supplies that we have requested at the bottom of this post (under NEEDED ITEMS). Many of us who help run this tailgate spend a lot of time and money on the supplies that we provide at every tailgate, so anything you can do to help is highly desired and appreciated.

During the course of this tailgate's history, every year, we have had people step up and become core members that help with the organization, setup and supply of the tailgate, which has resulted in its success. If you would like to help out in this capacity, please let us know, we desperately could use the help!

Please post a response in this thread with what food, drink and/or supply items you plan on bringing so we can plan accordingly !!

Who Do I Contact?

You can get almost every question answered by posting in this thread, but if you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact Huly or myself via PM or by*emailing: pez@gwu.edu or skinshuly@gmail.com We will try to get back to you in a timely manner.

Again... please try to post your question in this thread. Most of the members in this thread are Tailgate veterans!

=========================================================================

Food List

• 1 Whole (120+ lb) Roasted Pig (Pez/Huly)

Drink List

• 1 Case of Beer (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Case of Water (Pez/Huly)

Supply List

• Flagpole/Flags (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Canopy (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Tables (Pez/Huly)
  • 2 Chairs (Pez/Huly)
  • 1 Cooler w/Ice (Pez/Huly)

=========================================================================

NEEDED ITEMS

Drinks:

• Soda
  • Water
  • Beer/Liquor/Spirits & mixers

Food:

• Hamburgers w/Buns
  • Hot Dogs w/Buns
  • Sausages, Brats, etc w/Buns
  • Grilled chicken/steak/etc
  • Other Protein items (Shrimp/pork/beef/chicken/etc... surprise us!)
  • Side items (pasta salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray, etc)
  • Desserts (cookies, brownies, pies, cakes)
  • Condiments (ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc)
  • Dips, salsa, etc

Supplies:

• Grills (we never have enough!)
  • Canopy's/Tents
  • Tables (another item we always need!)
  • Games (beer pong/cornhole/lasso golf/etc)
  • Coolers with Ice
  • Plastic Cups
  • Plasticware (forks/knives/spoons)
  • Paper Plates
  • Napkins/Paper Towels
  • Radios/Boomboxes (PLEASE !!!)

Attachments

• ddpt2014.jpg
    ddpt2014.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Draft Day Tailgate... where we gather all groups in one location once a year.

Sorry still updating the post

Thanks for the invite.

I plan on attending at least four or five games in DC this year, but doubt I can make it up for this. Regardless, have a blast up there:)

No worries... Huly and I love getting everyone together.

I understand that sometimes there are riffs on different boards (although we don't have any), but it is great to just have everyone get together to cook, eat, drink, chat football and have a good time together. This is everyone's favorite tailgate of the year for multiple reasons, including there is no win or loss, we have all day to tailgate so there is no rushing around, for one time a year all the groups/tailgates get to get together and have a good time, which under normal circumstances due to packed lots we could never do, and we get a great band to play for us most of the day.

Hope to see all my fellow skins brothers and sisters at the tailgate!

Thanks for the invite.

I plan on attending at least four or five games in DC this year, but doubt I can make it up for this. Regardless, have a blast up there:)

If you make it up during the season you need to come see me, the good bourbon/whisky will be flowing before the game!

*caveat* games 80 degrees plus, not so much whisky flows!

Frannie & I will be there, but can't stay until dark....we're catching a plane early the next day.

Not sure what we're bringing yet, probably 10 lbs of marinated flank steaks chairs, grill, canopy....more TBD...

EDIT: Had to change up what we're bringing....no Nathan's Franks or camp stove or extra table...we have too much last minute stuff to do and have to be at the airport by 6:00am on Sunday..so we'll only be there a few hours...that being said, still bringing the steaks, grill, chairs, canopy and stuff.

I also whipped up a batch of Carolina vinegar sauce, and will be bringing a 1/2 gallon of Lefty's BBQ sauce, ice and plastic cutlery.

See everyone there!

Last edited:
If you make it up during the season you need to come see me, the good bourbon/whisky will be flowing before the game!

*caveat* games 80 degrees plus, not so much whisky flows!

Thanks for the invite. I'm looking forward to it.

Sad to miss this, it always was one of my favorite events. Pez and Huly are the nicest people on earth!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Sorry can't attend but i will be there in SPIRIT.. Bleeding Burgundy & Gold Baby 53 years...HTTR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.