• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: Week 8 - WFT at Denver

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
01fjynynct05bh3ra9na.jpg

This Sunday 10/31/21 at 4:25 p.m. EDT, the 2-5 Washington Football Team visits Endeavor Field at Mile High to take on the 3-4 Denver Broncos. Will they get treats or tricks? The Broncos, lead by journeyman QB Teddy Bridgewater, come into Sunday's game on a 4 game losing streak after starting 3-0. Denver is nearly as desperate for a win as Washington is - with 3rd year Head Coach Vic Fangio's job perhaps on the line this season.

Will it be treats or more tricks for the WFT this Halloween?

We'll find out soon!

Week 8 Gamebook - WFT at Denver

Team Rosters & Depth Charts

Talk about the game, before, during, and after - HERE.

Last edited:
This is the game to win. Just before the bye and Tom Brady and the Bucs awaiting after the bye. They need to get to Bridgewater because he’s generally conservative with the ball and doesn’t turn it over much. Although Las Vegas for him to throw 3 INTs in a game they also had 5 sacks. So pressure will be the key to stopping Denver.

But at this point in the season, we all know the story. We all know what he’s to be done. But it’s time for the Team to do it.

Bridgewater has already been sacked 18 times in 2021. Our D should eat him alive. Their LBing corps is very thin and if we pressure Teddy and pound the rock we can win this one.

When you take a step back and truly reflect on this team's progress 24 games into the Rivera era and a MASSIVE rebuild, we are probably about right where we should be, considering the deficiencies on this team that still exist. The problem is too many people got clouded by a 7 game stretch to end last season and a competitive game vs. Tampa.

With the defense having taken a step back so far to start the season, it is going to be hard to expect much more record wise compared to last year. As far as I am concerned, we are pretty much what we were a year ago - no better than a middle of the road team on our best days, and not good enough to truly push or scare the contending teams with consistency.

However, the one thing we did a decent job of last year and what we have continued to do this year is beat the teams at or below our level. Games like the one we have coming up on Sunday are ones we can't afford to squander.

A loss Sunday would be more concerning to me than those we experienced to the likes of GB, KC, Buffalo, etc. Based on how we are currently constructed, combined with the lack of production we have got from our FA class, those were really tall orders. Lose to DENVER though, and the team is starting to make me wonder if regression really is the story of 2021.

Took a peek at espn team stats and the 2 teams are pretty close to each other in every category, on both sides of the ball. Except total defense where Denver is ranked 4th.

A pretty even matchup honestly so who knows these things. If Turner uncorks his head from his ass and calls a run heavy game for 4 quarters then skins win. Otherwise the ponies snap their 4 game losing streak.

Edit: I want to see what Patterson can do with 10-15 carries. Dude can’t fumble anymore than AG

Last edited:
Charles will need to step up and perform.

Von Miller is questionable with a bad ankle.

Every little bit helps......

What a beautiful day it is today here in Carolina. Perfect - and I mean perfect - fall weather. Got a brisket on the smoker, drinking a cold one, watching some classic horror on TV while I wait for 4:25 pm to get here. I just have a good feeling about today.

Don't let me down WFT!

The do make me 'Waaaah......' on the regular...

White on white today....

on a side note.. Tress Way is bigger than our Long Snapper

At this point Tress needs to kick field goals with that rugby drop kick that the patriots did years ago.

Maybe our worst game of the year so far. And that’s saying something.

Not over yet. This game is there for the taking. Take it Washington!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.