• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 6 - Kansas City @ Washington

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Sean Taylor.jpg

21.jpg

Where : Fedex Field
When: 1pm EST - Sunday October 17

The major story of the weekend revolves around the number 21 being officially retired, marking only the 3rd number to be officially removed from use in the franchise.

I simply ask we keep the frustration and anger toward the team, and the handling of this situation, in the existing discussion thread on the board. I ask that we keep this particular thread about the game, and the festivities surrounding it on Sunday.

LETS TALK!

We’re gonna get our ass kicked.

In all seriousness, was hard to see us putting up a good fight already. With all the injuries (Gibson is also questionable) it’s going to take a Herculean effort for us to pull iff an upset.

But any given Sunday…

If Patrick Mahomes is held to under 35 Yahoo fantasy points, that's about he closest thing to a win we'll get.

(That would also make me a sad panda because I want 50+ to be sure I win in fantasy).

Maybe Gordon gets wide open from another BLOWN COVERAGE.

Taylor Heinicke right now:

Taylor Heinicke at 4pm this Sunday (NSFW Language):

Well, I was way off on my prediction. I thought that Mahomes would return to form and put up video game numbers in a huge "I'm back!" win. That would have been bad enough for the long-suffering WFT fanbase, but the actual result is even more demoralizing than that. Mahomes played his D+ game today, and the win was there for the taking. Nonetheless, his performance was more than enough to win by double digits against this excuse for a professional squad.

Other random musings:

How is KC allowed to continue using Native American imagery, the old FSU chant , and the tomahawk chop by the new woke NFL? Granted, "Chiefs" is a much less derogatory nickname than "Redskins", but any degree of cultural appropriation is now defined as "bad", right? Were KC fans allowed to wear headdresses and other Chiefs-related gear into FedEx today?

I live on the west coast, so I NEVER get to see a WFT game. When Washington was winning and Mahomes was throwing out picks like a drunk guy tossing beads off a balcony during Mardi Gras, there were zero game breaks or other updates to be had. Once WFT crapped the bed and Mahomes got going, they did a game break, and as I write this coverage has now shifted to this embarrassment of a game....why does this always happen? The reverse situation would never occur in a million years.

I miss the great Sean Taylor. Every day. Not every game day, but every calendar day. What a tremendous loss. Taylor should have had his numbers retired long ago. Why would anyone choose to honor this legendary player on a random gameday when the team is very likely to be humiliated? We all know the answer. Is there anything Snyder will not do to distract attention from his total failure to lead and from the cesspool of a culture that he has authored? Using Sean Taylor's memory as a throwaway pawn is the most despicable thing this jagaloon has done, and that is saying something.

Sell the team, Dan.

Last edited:
Scott Turner has got to go.

No matter what QB is put out there, it will not matter. The OC doesn't understand his personnel and does not scheme to their strengths.

Let the Scott Turner experiment end.

Well, I was way off on my prediction. I thought that Mahomes would return to form and put up video game numbers in a huge "I'm back!" win. That would have been bad enough for the long-suffering WFT fanbase, but the actual result is even more demoralizing than that. Mahomes played his D+ game today, and the win was there for the taking. Nonetheless, his performance was more than enough to win by double digits against this excuse for a professional squad.

Other random musings:

How is KC allowed to continue using Native American imagery, the old FSU chant , and the tomahawk chop by the new woke NFL? Granted, "Chiefs" is a much less derogatory nickname than "Redskins", but any degree of cultural appropriation is now defined as "bad", right? Were KC fans allowed to wear headdresses and other Chiefs-related gear into FedEx today?

I live on the west coast, so I NEVER get to see a WFT game. When Washington was winning and Mahomes was throwing out picks like a drunk guy tossing beads off a balcony during Mardi Gras, there were zero game breaks or other updates to be had. Once WFT crapped the bed and Mahomes got going, they did a game break, and as I write this coverage has now shifted to this embarrassment of a game....why does this always happen? The reverse situation would never occur in a million years.

I miss the great Sean Taylor. Every day. Not every game day, but every calendar day. What a tremendous loss. Taylor should have had his numbers retired long ago. Why would anyone choose to honor this legendary player on a random gameday when the team is very likely to be humiliated? We all know the answer. Is there anything Snyder will not do to distract attention from his total failure to lead and from the cesspool of a culture that he has authored? Using Sean Taylor's memory as a throwaway pawn is the most despicable thing this jagaloon has done, and that is saying something.

Sell the team, Dan.

Actually most Native American cultures are more upset with "Chiefs" because that title is held in such high regard, and honor. They don't like it being 'given' to someone who has not earned it.

just sayin

The team is on pace to get one of the top QB’s in this draft. I have zero faith in Turner actually developing him either.

Ron went way too heavy on the ex Panther well with his OC being exhibit A

It's as painful as ever being a fan..

How is KC allowed to continue using Native American imagery, the old FSU chant , and the tomahawk chop by the new woke NFL? Granted, "Chiefs" is a much less derogatory nickname than "Redskins", but any degree of cultural appropriation is now defined as "bad", right?

It's all brazen hypocrisy. This statement, just so you know, is actually not even true. Most of us would say a team calling themselves Chiefs would be more derogatory than Redskins, which was a word that never had popular use.

It's all whatever virtue signaling is decided for the moment. Redskins was a sacrificial lamb, Chiefs isn't because there wasn't enough White guilt false equivalencies with it like there was Redskins.

The people that went after us want KC out too, they have openly stated as such.

Losing to KC is nothing to be ashamed of. Losing like that, it is something to be ashamed of. The defense played about as well as could be expected early. They got pressure early, took advantage of the Chiefs offensive mistakes, and didn't give up the big play outside of one pass which was a perfect pass by Mahomes. The offense on the other hand, woof! I put the loss of this game about 75% on the offense and 25% on the defense. I thought last week was bad. This week was even worse. 3 first half turnovers and you can only get 7 points. And with Henicke not playing well again, Turner decides to go pass heavy. You would think that a good game plan on offense was to try and control the ball and keep Mahomes off the field. In the first half, the Chiefs were keeping themselves off the field with the turnovers. Yet that's the antithesis of what Turner wants to do and once again the offense failed. The second half if they got some help from the offensive side, I don't think the defense would have looked as terrible. Not saying they would have been flawless since they have their issues for sure. But they got zero help from the offense in the second half especially after giving the offense a ton of help in the first half.

I am wondering if the magic has worn off Henicke. The last 2 weeks, he has looked like the guy who couldn't get a job and bounced around the league. The Chiefs were one of the few defenses worse than the one he faces in practice every day and he did not play well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.