• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 6 - Commanders @ Bears

Ryan Fitzpatrick just stated on the pregame what we all have been complaining about for quite some time. Washington is a plug and play system. Players are expected to adapt to the system through repetition, not the other way around where the staff adapts to the strength of the players.

I wonder why we look so poorly coached...🤔

That was a brutal game to watch. Defense made plays when it had to, but it was ugly.

Defense had 3 epic goalline stops in one game so there was that.

Well, it helps that Fields is as inaccurate as Wentz at throwing the ball. I don't how Fields overthrew his tight end in the first half. That was a gimme TD pass.

Enjoy this win....it may be the last one as long as Wentz is QB. Just another miserable performance by him.

Defense had 3 epic goalline stops in one game so there was that.

I don't even know the right word to describe the defense. They pressure Fields all night, but couldn't tackle him so many times as well. They could have have double digit sacks if they could tackle. They were stout against the run, but then couldn't tackle Herbert or Fields on their runs. They also couldn't tackle on 3rd down. The definitely bowed up down at the goal line though. That 4th and 1 was a test of wills and they won it. But I still can't get over the poor tackling for most of the game.

You are pro-tanking? To get Rivera out? To get a higher draft pick? To prevent Snyder from having fun with his toy?
All of the above?

On the radio today, BMitch and JP had a segment where they talked about tanking. They concluded that the team should just do what they've been doing recently; they will effectively tank and no one can tell the difference. Haha

2 things-

Kudos to Casey Toohill and Efe Obada for hustling 60+ yds downfield to save a TD.

Can someone explain to me how a DT gets penalized for holding on a running play?

You are pro-tanking? To get Rivera out? To get a higher draft pick? To prevent Snyder from having fun with his toy?
All of the above?

On the radio today, BMitch and JP had a segment where they talked about tanking. They concluded that the team should just do what they've been doing recently; they will effectively tank and no one can tell the difference. Haha
I'm for any little thing that could be piled on to get Snyder out.

That penalty was outrageous Chris! Look - the D is not our problem. Let’s see the D when our offense can convert 3rd downs and they aren’t on the field the entire first half - it’s going to look better in the 2nd half :)

It was an ugly game but a win is better than a loss. And btw, this is what you get to wear when you’re the QB and had the best block of the game…

931411C4-53F0-4E50-BB47-89BDE5F20B60.jpeg

Reactions: Om
That block was the most exciting play on offense all game. It was the only play that got me fired up. No one saw that coming, especially Roquan Smith.

I'm for any little thing that could be piled on to get Snyder out.
Except the man feels no shame. Think of all the embarrassments football wise that have happened under his watch. He still thinks he made all the right moves and those other people were the problem. Failure on the field doesn’t affect that man personally.

I don’t think wins and losses will have any bearing on Snyder’s fate.

All of the talk about tanking is funny, especially from the media. This team is awful enough to lose 13 or 14 games on its own trying to do its best.

With this offensive line, Heinicke or Howell would probably win more games down the stretch than Wentz.

Wentz looked OK those first 2 weeks passing the ball for yardage and TDs when he had a line, despite the turnovers.

Since that second game, his QBR has been in the 20's.

Injuries are part of the game but it is a phenomenon that bad teams tend to get a lot of players hurt during the season.

How many seasons did we see the Patriots or Ravens during their runs in the 2000's consistently enter the playoffs with a relatively healthy set of skill players on offense and defense?

Washington on offense is suffering from some poor drafting on the OL for depth. Wes Martin? Ross Pierschbacher? Saahdiq Charles? Keith Ishmael?

All of these guys were mid round picks in recent seasons and they either couldn't play or are still here and are below average performers when they have hit the field.

Good teams hit on a couple of these middle round picks and have future contributors to come off the bench and perform when their time comes.

You can say the same thing about safety where the team annually drafts a player at safety between Rounds 3-6 or two and yet other than Kurl we haven't had any of them emerge to take on a regular contributing role on the defense.

Linebacker is a deep hole.

BTW, the picture of Wentz is hilarious. Never seen a camo jacket paired with a fedora and black silk shirt before :eek:

My wife saw the picture and thought Wentz looks like Prince Harry :nana:

Crazy to think that there are apparently only (maybe) about 15 human beings on the planet capable of being more than simply competent at playing QB at the professional level.

Justin Fields is 1st round pick material? Yowser.

He's got great instincts as a runner but man, jjust doesn't seem to be an accurate passer. That one TD to the TE he missed was a throw I could have made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.