• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Week 5: WFT vs. New Orleans Saints

Not sure what’s up with the team not playing Davis much. For a 1st rounder is it too soon to say bust?

So Landon Collins played 100% of the defensive snaps? 🤣

So Landon Collins played 100% of the defensive snaps?
Big Truss Mr. Collins.

Or they just don't want the NFLPA at their door.

Or Rivera is literally treating this year as an extended preseason.

I know one thing. If the D were a condom, it would be the worst on the market. Breaks down EVERY TIME. haha.

Move along. Everything’s fine. Nothing to see here.

From what I watch during games and see online by people more knowledgeable than me who break down film, I don't think the defensive issues are scheme or coaching.

I think it is lazy, braindead guys who stop concentrating for a few minutes or who aren't committed to doing what it takes.

I would be changing personnel in the secondary and playing Davis more (which I guess is technically on the coaches but not really what I meant above by "coaching").

From what I watch during games and see online by people more knowledgeable than me who break down film, I don't think the defensive issues are scheme or coaching.

I think it is lazy, braindead guys who stop concentrating for a few minutes or who aren't committed to doing what it takes.

I would be changing personnel in the secondary and playing Davis more (which I guess is technically on the coaches but not really what I meant above by "coaching").

I agree it’s not scheme if it is in reference to 4-3-4, 4-2-5, etc.

I also don’t think a coaching change makes sense during the season. But I do think that coaching in general needs to change. Be it in talent deployment, simplifying the scheme, or doing whatever else is possible to put the best players on the field and use them in a way that optimizes their abilities.

Landon Collins played every down. Jamin Davis got 13 plays. These two factors alone raise a bunch of questions in my mind.

Coaching is more than just scheme and formation. Great coaches know how to put their players in position to succeed. Having Collins as the single deep safety is not putting him in a spot succeed. Having Holcomb try to cover Kamara one on one down the sideline is not putting him in a spot to succeed. I also don’t know why they continue to just line up 4 in the same spot on the line and rush the same way when it’s not working. I did notice some movement yesterday and the line overall played better and got more pressure than they had been. But the defense is far from putting it all together and ultimately that falls on the coaches.

I’m telling ya they’re tanking this season for a qb of the future. This coaching staff has multiple decades of experience between playing, and in coaching the game. Ron is killing 2 birds with one stone by letting a young team learn to win while simultaneously posturing for a premier draft pick.

This is a MUCH easier pill to swallow imo rather than what equates to benching/switching a few players around, something everyone and their brother can see needs to happen. They’re either going for a top 3 pick or they’re literally too inept to be employed.

They aren't losing on purpose - you don’t really believe that, do you Win?

And look guys... I get the frustration. We're all fatigued with constant disappointment. But some are literally, after having more coaching changes than almost any other team in the league over the past 20 years, calling for 2ND YEAR coaches to be fired not halfway through season #2. I don't have any insight into what's going on, other than that maybe we have waaaay overrated the talent on this team, something we almost always tend to do.

But the last thing we need is more upheaval and coaching turnover. It's embarassing that the sports media in DC is even asking about it. And we as fans need to calm down and get a grip - myself included.

Last edited:
Mahomes must be licking his chops. He needs a "get right" game in the worst way and now the clouds have parted and the sun shines down on a date with the WFT. I am weirdly excited to see just how badly he embarrasses this joke of a defense.
I predict he will throw for 400+ yards and 4-5 TDs with 0 picks in the first three quarters, then Henne will play the fourth quarter and put up another 100-120 passing yards with a TD of his own unless the Big Red Walrus is content to call off the dogs before then.

Last edited:
They aren't losing on purpose - you can't really be serious suggesting that, are you Win?

And look guys... I get the frustration. We're all fatigued with constant disappointment. But we literally, after having more coaching changes than almost any other team in the league over the past 20 years, are calling for 2ND YEAR coaches to be fired not halfway through season #2. I don't have any insight into what's going on, other than that maybe we have waaaay overrated the talent on this team, something we almost always tend to do.

But the last thing we need is more upheaval and coaching turnover. It's embarassing that the sports media in DC is even asking about it. And we as fans need to calm down and get a grip - myself included.

I’m absolutely suggesting they’re tanking. Just because they’ve never done it before doesn’t mean it’s not happening now. Again there’s probably a century’s worth of coaching experience on board and they cannot give a heads up there’s a possible Hail Mary coming? Not that they should have to but these guys are obviously feeling completely safe from retribution because not one thing has changed personnel or schematic wise. Ron even states so in his presser, he’s frustrated yet no changes to come. This mess is on Ron

At this point I believe the only coaching change should be Turner. Dude is straight from the Jay Gruden tree, zero feel for the game and treats the run game like a vampire seeing a cross.

They aren't losing on purpose - you don’t really believe that, do you Win?

And look guys... I get the frustration. We're all fatigued with constant disappointment. But some are literally, after having more coaching changes than almost any other team in the league over the past 20 years, calling for 2ND YEAR coaches to be fired not halfway through season #2. I don't have any insight into what's going on, other than that maybe we have waaaay overrated the talent on this team, something we almost always tend to do.

This^^^.

Redskins fans: We have the patience for a rebuild and player development.

Also Redskins fans five games into Year Two: Fire Ron! Cut this Rookie and these second year players!!

As much as they hate Dan Snyder, some of the fan base act just like him.

I’m not saying this franchise isn’t doomed - with Dan Snyder the owner they probably are. I’m only arguing that it’s way too early to call these coaches failures.

Every fan has the right to want and demand a winning franchise. To act like we are somehow wrong or deserve to be called out for what we think is ludicrous. It shouldn't take a franchise over 20 years to find the right combinations.

Personally, I'm tired of seeing these kinds of posts where it happens. Your frustrations are no better than someone's who don't align with yours.

We as a site are supposed to be for conversation no matter what it is.

Suck for Luck was real. Teams have tanked for franchise players. This team has a track record of picking terrible coaches. Scott Turner is not some guru who isn't above criticism.

I’m having trouble with the idea that folks ability to bitch, moan, and doom and gloom has ever been successfully impeded here :) The imagined effort to squelch it has apparently been about as effective as our 2021 defense.

Oh, ok. Carry on then. Nothing to see here!!

Heheheh! That is pathetic but I can relate.
Kinda sad that this guy made it through the entire Zorn era, including the consecutive "swinging gate" trick plays agains the Giants on MNF that didn't fool them EITHER time without jumping ship, but this one random blown coverage TD sent him running for the exits...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.