• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 5 - Titans @ Commanders

Not sure if anyone was able to catch Ron speaking today, but he was questioned regarding Milne and why he let the punt right before our final drive bounce deep into our territory. I get not wanting to publicly criticize a player, but there was almost an element of defending the guy in his response. Ron described it as being a case of the punt being a fairly short one, which would have forced Milne to run up towards a crowd to field it, risking the possibility of a drop/muff. I'm sorry - this is the NFL. If your returner can't be trusted to do that, he should be flipping burgers. Just another example of this team playing scared and afraid of making mistakes. That mentality seems to exist from coaches on downward. It's clearly not a winning recipe.

Not sure if anyone was able to catch Ron speaking today, but he was questioned regarding Milne and why he let the punt right before our final drive bounce deep into our territory. I get not wanting to publicly criticize a player, but there was almost an element of defending the guy in his response. Ron described it as being a case of the punt being a fairly short one, which would have forced Milne to run up towards a crowd to field it, risking the possibility of a drop/muff. I'm sorry - this is the NFL. If your returner can't be trusted to do that, he should be flipping burgers. Just another example of this team playing scared and afraid of making mistakes. That mentality seems to exist from coaches on downward. It's clearly not a winning recipe.
Mike Nelms would've fielded that...Brian Mitchell would have too.

I see fans online saying things like "Well,at least he fields it". Do not get that mentality.

I'd be trying others at that spot because Milne presents no chance of ever breaking a return. Hell,teams kick short to make him return!
Heck,bring Steve Sims back. At least he posed a threat....

I know someone who a few years ago played center for an FCS team. In fact, he was the first team All American FCS center his Sr year. They ran 100% of plays from the shotgun. Every snap I saw him make was perfect except 1. He snapped 1 ball to the QBs knees his last game. Turns out he had his hand stepped on the previous play and he couldn’t really feel his hand at the time. I asked his father if he ever had a bad snap and he told me just that one, which wasn’t bad, just not perfect. So why can centers who never get a sniff from the NFL make perfect snaps every time, yet here the starting center for an NFL team is making multiple bad snaps a game.
Well, I think some of that depends on responsibilities potentially. I saw on one of the plays, it looked like Martin was trying to communicate something to other OL right before the snap. So, it's possible that there are some concentration issues. Not disagreeing with you though, because I would imagine for FCS you would have similar things in play. I was just thinking maybe there is a difference there.

At the end of the day, like with most of the players, you just kind of say "not good enough." When that pervades all/most of the team, you have to say coaching is an issue.

Team is making excuses to cover up a clear and obvious tank move in picking Milne to field punts. At this point, Rivera is intentionally milking the incompetence card all he can. Those special teams miracles Carter did last year are never happening with Milne and they know it.

We're not talking about this first play enough...

The whistle needs to be blown 100% of the time, because if he hadn't gotten the ball off and Sweat completes the tackle THE EXACT SAME WAY, it's likely a flag is thrown for roughing.

Yeah - that one really pissed me off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.