• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 4 - WFT AT Atlanta

Heinicke's stat line of 23/33, 290 yards, 3 touchdowns, zero interceptions.

All of the talk about finding a quarterback. We need to find a defensive coordinator. These guys came into the season with hubris of being a top #5 unit and no one bothered to check their egos at the door.

That to me is a coaching issue.

Almost. Heinecke and McLaurin balled out, as did the RBs collectively. Too many key players injured make this a costly victory indeed. Hopkins and JDR need one way Greyhound tix to their cities of choice.

Not too much - or he’d have scored :)

First win. Then get good.

I have to say, I'm proud of our guys today. There were numerous times where they could've given up today. Tough penalties. Untimely injuries. And some unlucky bounces. But all they did - across the board, was continue to battle. Defense had some familiar lapses - but also had some huge stops. Offense missed some opportunities, but also made something out of nothing on numerous occasions. Key guys went out, and their subs made huge plays.

This was a gutsy team win. Against a very average Falcons squad? Maybe. But Atlanta was desperate for a win at home - and we denied them.

Proud of our guys today!

Fortunately, Atlanta sucks worse than we do.

It's an 'anything can happen on Sunday' league. I don't think 'Atlanta sucks'. On a good day, they can beat anyone. On most days, they get beat. It took all we had to beat them, so I get the concern. Then again - we beat them because we wanted it more and when it counted, we outplayed them.

That's the NFL.

I caught the postgame on FOX. Heinicke got emotional when mentioning his sister and bro-in-law being in the stands watching him today, along with many other in his family.

That Mckissic TD was a beauty because his head wasn't overwhelmed when the scripted play was basically fully covered and the pressure was coming. That means he's goes through the progressions.

I said earlier this year Taylor was a Red Zone Threat, which is not something many QB can claim as a skill. 2 TDs in the red zone and one inside the opposing 35.

Mark Sanchez's color was interesting. I like the details he provided but didn't like his voice.

Our D is not burnt toast. It's charred toast. Hopkins should be cut a la Hauschka.

I caught the postgame on FOX. Heinicke got emotional when mentioning his sister and bro-in-law being in the stands watching him today, along with many other in his family.

That Mckissic TD was a beauty because his head wasn't overwhelmed when the scripted play was basically fully covered and the pressure was coming. That means he's goes through the progressions.

I said earlier this year Taylor was a Red Zone Threat, which is not something many QB can claim as a skill. 2 TDs in the red zone and one inside the opposing 35.

Mark Sanchez's color was interesting. I like the details he provided but didn't like his voice.

Our D is not burnt toast. It's charred toast. Hopkins should be cut a la Hauschka.

Fair take :cheers:

First win. Then get good.

I have to say, I'm proud of our guys today. There were numerous times where they could've given up today. Tough penalties. Untimely injuries. And some unlucky bounces. But all they did - across the board, was continue to battle. Defense had some familiar lapses - but also had some huge stops. Offense missed some opportunities, but also made something out of nothing on numerous occasions. Key guys went out, and their subs made huge plays.

This was a gutsy team win. Against a very average Falcons squad? Maybe. But Atlanta was desperate for a win at home - and we denied them.

Proud of our guys today!

I like this assessment. Some good, some bad. But they found a way to make plays and win. They still have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. But I trust Heinicke with the ball late. He is going to find a way to make a play. It may not always be pretty, but more often than not it’s going to get the job done.

I like this assessment. Some good, some bad. But they found a way to make plays and win. They still have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. But I trust Heinicke with the ball late. He is going to find a way to make a play. It may not always be pretty, but more often than not it’s going to get the job done.
Heiny time is like Tebow Time, but with actual quarterbacking.

You always wanted this team to draft a Qb and let him sit and learn the offense and watch how it's done...the old Joe Gibbs way.

That's basically Heinicke. He's sat and watched most of his career and he's well versed in the Turner system. Doesn't mean he's a finished,polished product.....nothing beats live game experience....but he is learning.

He needs to be left in there...go through the ups and downs and grow.
Sometimes, you don't find a Qb....he finds you.

Body bag game Part Duex?

L. Thomas- hamstring
D. Brown- knee
B. Scherff- knee
J. Bostic- shoulder
C.Sims- hamstring
C. Samuels- hamstring?
J. Allen- knee?
T. McTyer- leg/knee?
A. Gibson- beat up?

Last edited:
#35 was injured on that last Hail Mary. Our secondary depth is getting real thin....

At this stage in the team's development, we shouldn't concern ourselves with style points. The way we saw the team win today, with the game having its share of ups and downs, is likely how most of our Ws will occur.

What was promising is that in the final 9 minutes or so, when the team needed to be it's best, they were. They dug deep, had two great scoring drives, and the defence produced probably their best series and most important stop of the year with the 3 and out at 30-28.

Great job of sticking with it today. That's not homerism either. That's facts.

When you got teams like the Jets and Giants stealing wins vs. the Titans and Saints on Sunday, it puts it into perspective just how precious a win in whatever manner really is.

Those late game throws are worth watching again and again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.