• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Week 3 - WFT at Buffalo

The Heinicke int should never have happened. A smart OC wouldn't have let that happen.

You have a back that just ripped off an 11 yd run and then a 3-4 yd run and on 2nd and 7 you want to pass?

Maybe Scott will learn but IMO, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.....his Dad pulled that type of BS here too.

"Scott swears he's smarter than the game itself" - me, at least a dozen times per game.

Team has elevated DT Daniel Wise from the practice squad.

Last edited:
Just unreliable. One of my favorites, but if you can't stay healthy you're not doing us any good

Are you saying 'the greatest ability is AVAILability'? Asking for a friend...

Just unreliable. One of my favorites, but if you can't stay healthy you're not doing us any good
You're hysterical.

17 game game season, guys are going to have to sit from time to time.

Thank goodness they have depth at that spot.

You're hysterical.

17 game game season, guys are going to have to sit from time to time.

Thank goodness they have depth at that spot.

I'm with Mike on this one. Coming off missing an entire season, it's concerning... but we really can't bitch (knock on wood) we've had almost no injury issues this season which is a pretty shocking change from previous years.

I'm with Mike on this one. Coming off missing an entire season, it's concerning... but we really can't bitch (knock on wood) we've had almost no injury issues this season which is a pretty shocking change from previous years.
Don't know how you prevent a guy getting rolled up on?

Doesn't sound major,so he'll be back. The way some react, you'd think he's Jordan Reed..

Bottom line - players don’t try to get hurt, they want to play. So fans being ‘disappointed’ in them when it happens is sort of silly. Injuries happen and no one regrets it more than the players themselves. We forget these guys are humans just like us.

Got my stream set-up for the game.

Too early? 😎

I guess I like that they view this as a huge championship fight. Waiting for the next video entitled 'Make the kick the first time'...

I know many people don't like the moral victory talk.

They want results and wins. I get that.

Personally, I think moral victories do have their place for teams going through the early stages of their growth and maturation process.

The biggest thing for me today is that we give ourselves a chance in the fourth quarter and that Heinicke continues to impress. If we win, great. Otherwise, you have to walk with your head held high.

Long term, if we accomplish the above, I think we will be happy with where this team can potentially be come the end of the season.

I certainly am anticipating a competitive game. A win? Maybe.

A team at this level of development needs to punch above it’s weight class on occasion. Lord knows they are going to have multiple opportunities this season.

Today would be a good day to do so.

Here's where I'm at. What are the requirements for a win? Obviously pure talent is a huge determinant. Game plan and coaching is also a significant factor. But when folks talk about younger, up and coming teams 'learning to win', I think a big part of that is learning that every team can be beaten. There are no pre-ordained results. The supposedly 'better team' prevailing is not a 'fait accompli'. Games are decided on the field.

The first step in winning on the field is believing you can win and that it is as much in your team's hands as it is the opponents.

Often, young teams don't have that belief. It takes time not just to 'feel it', but to 'know it' - that on any given Sunday, there is no team that can't be vanquished if our best effort is given.

We've seen some small movements where this team has started to nudge open that door of true belief. The Tampa Bay playoff performance, where we were supposed to get embarrassed and blown out, was a battle. But there have been few instances where this team has gone into the Lion's den, to face a supposedly superior opponent, and smacked them upside the head and outplayed them.

That's what I want to see today, regardless of outcome. But a big road win where we impose our will on Buffalo would go a long way towards showing this team really believes down deep it can beat anyone on any given Sunday.

Just saw this posted on JP Finlay's twitter.

Now there is some bulletin board material for you.

Rex Ryan just went hard on Washington- said the defensive front has been overrated and if they don’t improve today “Josh Allen will carve them up” - quotes via
@NFLMatchup

Just saw this posted on JP Finlay's twitter.

Now there is some bulletin board material for you.

Rex Ryan just went hard on Washington- said the defensive front has been overrated and if they don’t improve today “Josh Allen will carve them up” - quotes via
@NFLMatchup

I agree with him and I think the DL would too.

Time to put up.

Bottom line - players don’t try to get hurt, they want to play. So fans being ‘disappointed’ in them when it happens is sort of silly. Injuries happen and no one regrets it more than the players themselves. We forget these guys are humans just like us.
Some players tho...it’s like injuries hound them all the time. Tyrod Taylor being such example.

Here's where I'm at. What are the requirements for a win? Obviously pure talent is a huge determinant. Game plan and coaching is also a significant factor. But when folks talk about younger, up and coming teams 'learning to win', I think a big part of that is learning that every team can be beaten. There are no pre-ordained results. The supposedly 'better team' prevailing is not a 'fait accompli'. Games are decided on the field.

The first step in winning on the field is believing you can win and that it is as much in your team's hands as it is the opponents.

Often, young teams don't have that belief. It takes time not just to 'feel it', but to 'know it' - that on any given Sunday, there is no team that can't be vanquished if our best effort is given.

We've seen some small movements where this team has started to nudge open that door of true belief. The Tampa Bay playoff performance, where we were supposed to get embarrassed and blown out, was a battle. But there have been few instances where this team has gone into the Lion's den, to face a supposedly superior opponent, and smacked them upside the head and outplayed them.

That's what I want to see today, regardless of outcome. But a big road win where we impose our will on Buffalo would go a long way towards showing this team really believes down deep it can beat anyone on any given Sunday.
At least with this bunch, there isn’t the quitting that always happened under Gruden. Rivera is pretty at getting guys to bring it, although the strategy part of his game leaves a bit to be desired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.