• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Redskins v Jets

Would love to play for pride and play to win.

Problem is, you actually have to have a QB to do those things........

I have to disagree. Pride in what you do is something that comes from inside the individual. Playing to win no matter what the situation is something a real professional does.

As for a QB, sure we could be better off with a better one, but is't the supporting cast that makes it all work. Ask Trent Dilfer.....

113 career TD's 129 career Int's, with a 55.5 completion percentage, and a record of 58-55-0. Nothing to write home to mama about, but last I checked he has one of those big gold rings......

I have to disagree. Pride in what you do is something that comes from inside the individual. Playing to win no matter what the situation is something a real professional does.

As for a QB, sure we could be better off with a better one, but is't the supporting cast that makes it all work. Ask Trent Dilfer.....

113 career TD's 129 career Int's, with a 55.5 completion percentage, and a record of 58-55-0. Nothing to write home to mama about, but last I checked he has one of those big gold rings......

so the standard you follow is Dilfer? really?

you know...I watched the game today. I'm pretty confident we all looked at it the same way: I was uplifted when there were good plays by the Skins; PO'd when there were bonehead plays. I never really stopped to think about winning or losing. I watched a close game (until the last 5 mins) and thought the critical moment was early in the second half when we had them pinned back near the end zone, but allowed the field position advantage to dissipate over 2-3 exchanges until the Jets started with about half the field to work. in a close game field position matters.....including turnovers.

anyway.....I'm one on the high draft side of the fence....but I'm not watching the dang games looking for failures by the home team. you know.....you folks should worry a little less about how others look to the future...and a little more about this team's failings.

Would love to play for pride and play to win.

Problem is, you actually have to have a QB to do those things........

Pride has nothing to do with the position. Pride is something that is everyone on the team should have. This is where you give a 110% effort all the time, because you want to be the best and not just earn a paycheck.

so the standard you follow is Dilfer? really?

you know...I watched the game today. I'm pretty confident we all looked at it the same way: I was uplifted when there were good plays by the Skins; PO'd when there were bonehead plays. I never really stopped to think about winning or losing. I watched a close game (until the last 5 mins) and thought the critical moment was early in the second half when we had them pinned back near the end zone, but allowed the field position advantage to dissipate over 2-3 exchanges until the Jets started with about half the field to work. in a close game field position matters.....including turnovers.

anyway.....I'm one on the high draft side of the fence....but I'm not watching the dang games looking for failures by the home team. you know.....you folks should worry a little less about how others look to the future...and a little more about this team's failings.

No, Dilfer isn't the standard I follow. Dilfer is a fine example that it doesn't only fall on the qb"s back, that the supporting cast has just as much to do with winning as it was when he won a superbowl.. Who or how bad the qb is should have nothing to do with pride, and giving your best effort, which DP44 seems to think go hand in hand.

My post had nothing to do with how others look to the future, and I've stayed away from those discussions for the most part. I stated I would never root for my team to loose no matter what the ramifications are. Nothing more, nothing less. I thought my post actually pointed to this teams failings, at QB and other spots....

Again, what is going to be more important to you 2 years from now?

Winning 1 or 2 games to finish 6-10 or finishing 4-12 and selecting the player in the Top 5 that will make a difference here?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Again, what is going to be more important to you 2 years from now?

Winning 1 or 2 games to finish 6-10 or finishing 4-12 and selecting the player in the Top 5 that will make a difference here?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Again, what is the guarantee that in 2 years the draft choices in the top 5 are going to makes us more competitive? TW do that? Sean Taylor? I will even give you Landry at the #6 position, how about him? That is 3 top 6 picks in the last 6 years. And those three were the players we wanted in those specific years. The most valuable players we've had in the past 6 years were the #13 and #16 picks in the first round. (And I say that with a heavy heart because ST would have been an almost certain Hall of Famer)

The amount of value you are placing on the draft spots we may end up, that will fluctuate from now until the end of the season, is so minimal that it doesn't seem loyal to root for us to lose.

I will say this, it is easier to handle the losses this late in the season than earlier because we are not competing for the playoffs but I still root for the win. I will not root for us to lose.

Just think about this, had we won both games against the Cowgirls that we should have won, we would be in 1st place in the division. I know I know, if a cow had balls it'd be a bull.

Handling your fanhood?

I suddenly have the urge to watch Gladiator movies....strange....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.