• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Redskins v Cardinals

Kind of a scary game, but I'm impressed that we didn't give up, and Rex kept his cool no matter what happened.

We do need some secondary help, it's our biggest weekness on D

well..here goes:

Rex is part of the problem.

- we have no deep game

- he is too short...too many batted down balls

- HE WAITS TOO LONG TO MAKE A DECISION

- how many times now have we had opportunities for big plays and receivers have had to stop/or turn to the off shoulder to catch his ball?

- 3 TOs in two games now.

Rex runs the system. He makes the most of what he can give...which isn't minimal. but he is not going to be a difference maker when we fall behind by 10 or more points in the 4th Qtr.

I know. I know. Old sound track. But you can see it...every game. This team needs a bona fide QB. until them.....we have to rely on the running game, work the play action game, and keep the games close.

good victory. what's with STs? man were they shaky today.

RG - 291 yds. passing.
TH - 96 yds. rushing. 1 catch, 10 yds.
RH - 74 yds. rushing. 3 catches, 38 yds.
FD - 6 catches, 86 yds.
JG - 5 catches, 62 yds.
SM - 5 catches, 61 yds.

We are going to need some depth in the secondary.

Yep, Did anyone hear or see anything about Wilson that I might have missed?

k_kolb_110918_CP.jpg

well..here goes:

- we have no deep game

- how many times now have we had opportunities for big plays and receivers have had to stop/or turn to the off shoulder to catch his ball?

Rex runs the system. He makes the most of what he can give...which isn't minimal. but he is not going to be a difference maker when we fall behind by 10 or more points in the 4th Qtr.

I know. I know. Old sound track. But you can see it...every game. This team needs a bona fide QB. until them.....we have to rely on the running game, work the play action game, and keep the games close.

You mean part of the 'problem' that has us 2-0 and going to Dallas leading the division?

I agree.

Rex made one really bad throw.

Otherwise, he did enough to get us the win, including leading a clutch drive late in the game to give us the lead (while most Redskins fans had already packed it in for the day).

He is short. That hurts at times as you are correct about the batted balls.

He also made several late throws today that, thrown on time, might've been huge plays.

Timeouts? We're in no position to judge those. Would you rather he stick with something his judgment tells him not to? I can't fault him for calling a TO if he feels it's warranted.

As for coming back from more than 10 down, let's wait and see. He brought us back from 8 down today. We shouldn't have been 8 down. But he did bring us back.

We had lots of struggles today. But we perservered. I'll bet you didn't think we would. But we did.

well..here goes:

- we have no deep game

I think Rex is less of the problem then the lack of solid protection. Cards blitzed on the majority of the pass plays, and you need time in the pocket for the deep routs to develop. If you don't have a pocket, you can't step up getting the extra second or two you need for the receivers to come open.

We have no deep game, and he waits too long to make decisions is kind of a contradiction. As for being too short, and batted passes. Talk to Eli about that one, who a fair bit taller then Rex.

Some times it's Rex, but you never seem to give any credit to the opposing D for doing a god job either. Kolb had a few batted today, but you don't hear people saying he's too short.

Al, here is the difference...

Jason Campbell had 330 yds. passing today. His team lost.

Rex had 291 yds. passing and two INTs. The difference is that Rex managed a better game and led the team to two scores while overcoming an eight point deficit. JC finds a way to lose this game while padding his stats.

Just saying.

Boone, it's hard for me to argue with anything you said. Last week, I thought Al was overly and unnecessarily critical. This week? Rex didn't look good to me. He missed some throws and could have had several more INTs as a result of bad throws and batted balls.

This wasn't a bad-Rex game though; he played very well in the second, and his TD passes to Moss and Davis were both exceptional. He needs to be more consistent; the Cards D allowed us to stay in the game much more than the Iggles D will, for instance.

it's great we're 2-0!!!!

I'm just sayin...when we play a team with a good offense and we fall behind by 10 or more....we're playing with one arm tied behind our back. it's clear as all day! we're watching different games. I'm seeing missed opportunities that are gonna catch up to us sooner or later. KS is running a methodical offense intended to chip yards in small chunks. it has not shown much deep strike capability. at some point...one has to ask...why? in every situation there are multiple causes, but one clear one IMO is Rex's limitations. KS is calling really good games that consider the limitations and strengths of what he has to work with.

no need to get spun up over this. we can all see a game from different perspectives. pls...dear Lord...make sure that running game keeps producing.

Rex had 291 yds. passing and two INTs. The difference is that Rex managed a better game and led the team to two scores while overcoming an eight point deficit. JC finds a way to lose this game while padding his stats.

Just saying.

no argument! consider who we are playing. just sayin this is gonna catch up with us.

btw...far as I can recall...no one has disputed what I list as limitations.

we can all agree the defense has exceeded expectations.

Yep, the D has looked very good far, a couple of brain farts aside. When we get a real safety back there, we should be even better.

That draw was killing me though... esp. when I called it a couple of times.

Just saying.

JC led two fourth quarter drives of 80 yards or longer that culminated in two touchdown passes (one of 12 yards and one of 50 yards) that put his team ahead by four points each time. The last one taking place with 3:41 remaining in the game. Oakland's defense allowed Buffalo use up all but 14 seconds of the remaining time before scoring the winning td.

Hardly a case of the quarterback finding a way to lose a game.

it's great we're 2-0!!!!

I'm just sayin...when we play a team with a good offense and we fall behind by 10 or more....we're playing with one arm tied behind our back. it's clear as all day! we're watching different games. I'm seeing missed opportunities that are gonna catch up to us sooner or later. KS is running a methodical offense intended to chip yards in small chunks. it has not shown much deep strike capability. at some point...one has to ask...why? in every situation there are multiple causes, but one clear one IMO is Rex's limitations. KS is calling really good games that consider the limitations and strengths of what he has to work with.

no need to get spun up over this. we can all see a game from different perspectives. pls...dear Lord...make sure that running game keeps producing.

I don't think any of us would argue with most of that. I challenge one piece - the play-calling in this one was very suspect. We should have been feeding TH and Helu all game long. Had we done that, this wouldn't even have been close in my opinion. If we recognize RG isn't Peyton Manning, we shouldn't be putting him in the shotgun every other play. That's not on RG - that's on Shanahan.

I also think we'd all agree we are a work in progress.

But let's not argue that we are winning in spite of Grossman. We're winning both with his help, and with his limitations.

I also think we'd all agree we are a work in progress.

But let's not argue that we are winning in spite of Grossman. We're winning both with his help, and with his limitations.

I think we can find common ground here! guess I get ahead of myself in some of these games and start thinking "what ifs" when we play the better teams.

cowturds next!

We have a lot more in common than not :)

That first INT was definitely 'Bad Rex'. I hate that term, as 80% of the NFL QBs out there are Jeckyll and Hyde. There aren't many that can be relied on week in and week out. I know that's what you want and that's what I want too. That Grossman brought the team back is awesome - but it doesn't change the fact that, minus heroics, most days that pick costs us the game.

We just need to remember it ain't about this year - this is just the first season of many improving ones to come. This year, we'll continue to be surprised when we pull disaster from the fire. Next year, we'll expect our team to win. We're moving in the right direction. I'm happy as hell about that.

I also wouldn't put it past Shanahan to produce a playoff appearance this year. Most of our players don't know they aren't supposed to be able to make that happen. But it's not impossible.

PS - I'd like to hear some love for Grossman's perfect TD pass on 4th down which regardless of what happened prior to that, was the play of the game.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.