• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Redskins @ Cowboys

We now have allowed several long runs after they came into the game with their longest being eight yards. This is too close. Got a bad feeling about it now.

This is what I was worried about. We are having a hard time scoring TDs. 3 field goals, 1 blocked and can't score. The cowboys played poorly and we can't win. How about the number of bad snaps and not one recovery of a fumble on those snaps? We either do better in scoring or it is going to be a lone season.

The Redskins of old returned tonight. We are not fully rid of the stupid things that hurt this team each season. Two more years on the rebuild. Going in the right direction, but it will take time.

I think we might be able to get into the playoffs as a wildcard

We just didn't play well - and our coaching was off at times as well. I'll take this team over any I've rooted for since about 2005. It's going to be a process. We all know we're, at wildly optimistic best, a wildcard contender. So we have to expect some 2 steps forward, 1 step back experiences.

It hurts, but hey, so does childbirth. At least that's the rumor :)

Initial reactions:
Redzone playcalling was VERY suspect in this game. That gadget play to Moss almost made me vomit.

Hall got abused all night by Dez Bryant. Absolutely torched. Most overrated CB ever.

Jamal Brown was beaten like a rented mule all night, including the game-ending fumble. Dude looked like a D3 player out there.

Sav Rocca - muffed hold loses the game. Those 3 points would have been nice.

John Gruden is currently asking Tony Romo out on a date. Seriously, could he fellate him any more from the booth? The next logical step was to take it physical.

Romo is the luckiest dude on EARTH when it comes to bad snaps. I mean, its like he has a magnet or something. RIDICULOUS.

Two steps forward and one step back is ok - we need to expect it. But this was a series of laughable jokes - more like five or six steps back.

When a wounded duck is reeling and hurting, you turn it into dinner. Tonight, they got beat by a wounded duck.

Some Knee jerks: Mostly things we could have done better.

It sucks loosing like that. But to be honest it would have sucked winning like that too (albeit a bit more soothing).

I still see us as the better team, built and building for the future.

I'm going to give my Lump Beefrock Lame Ball to D Hall. Flapping gums and not getting it done. Rocca would get one if it weren't for his kicking. Those are going to happen but I don't want to see it EVAR AGAIN!!!!! :furious2: :bucktooth:

I'm still OK with Grossman. I mean he made some "Grossman" throws but I don't think it defined his entire game. Not OK with the play calling. Pound. The. Rock. (that includes providing blocks). Until Kyle mans up and stops calling "Cute" plays, we aren't getting it done. I'm going to start calling him "Too Cute Kyle." Examples: I liked that hand off to Cooley for the 3rd down conversion, but they aren't going to go for it twice. That little hand off to Moss was doomed from the start.

The Oline disappointed. Although, Trent Williams had nice form on that shoe string tackle on Ware. Over all TW did well against a dude I wish we didn't have to see twice a year.

We came undone too. Late penalties. I didn't look this up, but I think we had more in the 4th than we had in the previous two games.

We had a solid game, defensively. Keeping them out of the endzone was huge. Allowing those late runs by Jones was not acceptable. If we hadn't muffed one kick or made paint in another redzone appearance.... well, you know.

Overall, I'm still excited about the rest of the year. Getting over these kinds of things will make a team better. I see them doing that.

Am I way off on any of this?

Absolutely, Ryman. Dallas has an excellent pass rush and Ware is on a roll early this season-Williams did a creditable job but one-on-one for either him or Brown is inviting bad things to happen.

Boone, I did not urinate. I maintain it was Goaldeje while he was trying to tell me I had no chance with Michelle Beadle. He framed me.

Boone, I did not urinate. I maintain it was Goaldeje while he was trying to tell me I had no chance with Michelle Beadle. He framed me.

Did ya ever find that hashtag dude? #seriouslyyouhavenoprayerletitgo

:)

No Lump - I'm feeling all of that. One game does not a litmus test make. I'm not sure what the exact number is, but for a statistical sampling to be considered valid, you have to have something like 30 data points at a minimum. I'm not willing to change my mind about the direction of this team after 1 bad outing.

I think we'll continue to get better. I wouldn't be surprised if we open up a can of whoop ass on the Rams this weekend.

Tough loss though. I was hurting today - and I haven't really felt that kind of lingering disappointment after a loss in years.

Tough loss though. I was hurting today - and I haven't really felt that kind of lingering disappointment after a loss in years.

For me, it was the lions ending their losing streak against us. I don't know what it will take to get rid of that ache... what ever it is, I hope we don't see it anytime soon.

This certainly wasn't it for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.