• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: Cowboys v Redskins

Gotta say there is a whole different feel in the air with McNabb behind center. Maybe it's just in my head, but I'm almost confident again. :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Just love, love, love the way we are moving the ball. Total hold on Williams on that screen though :)

I hope Landry is able to keep his mouth closed this year.

Get in the chat, Sol. :)

Use internet explorer anne

Whew!

I was never worried. :rotflmao:

Anyway, this was the first time I've seen the Redskins fight so hard for a win in a long, long time. It was a well deserved victory.

Just wanted to find the player who was responsible for ending the game and it was...

Alex von Barron Holder.

:clap2: :D :laugh2:

...definitely our MVP. Great game, for US. :)

Nice way to wake up.13-7. That rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got home from the game about 1/2 hour ago. After reading through his thread, I kinda miss the game time chats, well...ok...maybe not so much!

I have to say that I am so glad to see so little blue in that stadium tonight as opposed to last year. Redskins fans were ready tonight! Louder than I have heard in a long time! Also I like the yellow pants but I hate seeing Dallas wear white in our stadium!!!

I tried to stay up. I made it about half way through the 3rd quarter and thought "If I go to sleep right now I can get five hours"

In the past, I would have gone to bed thinking "They'll find some way to blow it" and they almost did. But the game felt different last night. It kinda reminded me of Gibbs I, where we had a professional football team on the field. Yeah, sure we could still lose the game, but I just had the feeling that it wouldn't be because of some bone head play or some bone headed call from the sidelines. That if we lost, we lost, but it would be because we were out played, not because of stupid.

And for once, the gods smiled on us with that last holding call:)

Some intangible was there last night. I don't think we were the most talented team on the field, but for once we found a way to win

That last play of the game was about as scary a it comes. Honestly, I knew exactly how it would shake out, and it did. I knew we were gonna throw everything we could at Romo, and he'd somehow wiggle his ass out of danger, and make a play. It's what he does...

The truly amazing part is that the right call was made. It was an overwhelming feeling to get what we deserved. Not the win per say, but the call. Yes, I'm thrilled to start the season with a win, and against Dallas is a huge bonus, but to not lose because of a blown call by the refs is a refreshing change.

We've got a lot of work to do, but for now, I'll savor this one.

I've watched that play several times now anticipating the Cowboy-fan perspective on the penalty being either a bad call, or not affecting the play. Wrong on both counts. Romo doesn't react and start to step up until after the moment RAK would have intersected with him without the hold. Barron doesn't necktie RAK, Romo is either in his grasp and going down, or he's sprinting another direction, and the play downfield shakes out differently...no way to know if Williams is left alone because it's a different play.

The penalty was absolutely the right call, and the hold absolutely had a tangible effect on how the action played out.

Rak used Barron all night long. I'm still not happy giving up nearly 400 yards in O to the Pukes, but a win is a win

We might actually be above good if Butterworth decides to play

Tell you what...if we can catch the damn ball we're going to be pretty good.

Rogers, Moss, Sellers, Armstrong...a couple of those drops were literally game-changers. The game didn't need to be that close.

First game out? It's hard not to feel pretty good about where this team looks to be headed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.