• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: 2019 Week 4 - Redskins @ NY Giants

Who do you think wins?

• Rookie QB, injured star RB, suspended #1 WR...if there was a game for the Skins to win, this is it!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It's in NY...#forgetaboutit! Lose.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Re: Official Game Thread: 2019 Week 3 - Redskins @ NY Giants

Coaching for their jobs, Gruden & Manusky, aka, Dumber & Dumberer, stumble into a win.

It was a while ago, but I've done research to see how many rookie QB's get their first start and/or first breakout game against us...it was a fairly significant number who have had their first great game against us.

As with rookie QB's in the past, Daniel Jones has his breakout game against us, throws for over 300 yards, 3 TD's and the Gnats beat us 31-20.

Last edited:

I've not been a proponent of firing a coach in season. But after the first drive of the game, I'm a proponent of firing Gruden during the game. How can you accept a penalty on the offense after a 3rd down stop? Your defense can't stop anyone. They couldn't stop a peewee team. They get a stop and you accept a penalty to keep the drive going so that your defense can get torched again and give up a TD. He traded 3 points for 7 points. You kept your defense on the field for an additional 4 minutes. And you take the momentum of a defense who just got a stop after Keenum gave up a really short field.

Gruden should go now. He doesn't even understand the rules of football. He's reaching a Jim Zorn level of incompetence.

Gruden may not come out of the tunnel after half time

Has a coach ever been fired mid game?

Tress Way is awesome

The Haskins era has begun.
Good luck Dwayne!

Is anyone on our front 7 generating a pass rush? Do they look inept or is Manusky playing bend then break zone again?

played my golf. tuned in to watch a little bit.

total embarassment. this franichise is a joke. the coaching staff can't fix anything.

clownshow.

that is all!

They need to just leave Gruden and Manusky in New Jersey. Tell them to find their own way home. Start the changes immediately.

Yep, in addition to changing the locks at redskin park and shunning them like Amish whores when they get there.

Well... until Colt is made active... unless Gruden is fired after this game and can take his little pet with him.

You have seen this movie too many times too.

Hopefully the Callahan era begins this week too.

Or at least the Grudusky era ends

Grudusky. lol.

To think Gruden hired Manusky because he would not overshadow him as a potential head coach down the road.
Good job Jay!

played my golf. tuned in to watch a little bit.

total embarassment. this franichise is a joke. the coaching staff can't fix anything.

clownshow.

that is all!

Took a last minute job last night that had me in the field at 12:30. It was close to the Corn Maze/Pumpkin Patch so I took my kids, and we all got sunburnt having fun!

I won't comment on the game because I didn't watch it, but I will say that a 24-3 loss to the Giants with a rookie QB making only his 2nd start in the NFL is enough to get Gruden fired. Gruden is toxic at this point. He MUST GO!

Took a last minute job last night that had me in the field at 12:30. It was close to the Corn Maze/Pumpkin Patch so I took my kids, and we all got sunburnt having fun!

I won't comment on the game because I didn't watch it, but I will say that a 24-3 loss to the Giants with a rookie QB making only his 2nd start in the NFL is enough to get Gruden fired. Gruden is toxic at this point. He MUST GO!

1. You made the right decision to spend time with the family. Not that you need me or anyone else to tell you that, but I'll just add that encouragement in here since football sucks.

2. You didn't miss anything not watching the game.

3. Your assessment without having even watched the game pretty much sums up what all of us who watched the game thought as well.

Yup... did a fund raiser ride event yesterday.... lovely day to be on a motorbike. Made it home in time to catch the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game... I fully expected the Giants to roll over us, as it wouldn't be the first time we make a new QB look all pro, and a failing team get healthy. Doesn't really matter who's in behind center at this point, this team has stopped playing for Gruden and company from what I can see. I'm in favor of starting Colt asap. It will keep what we see (Dwayne) as our future QB physically healthy, and not destroy any confidence he has. It will do the same for Case, as a high quality back up, and allowing Colt to fail, as everybody that follows this team knows will happen with the exception of Jay, Bruce, and Dan. Really a shame what's become of this team. The loss yesterday was a good thing, as going winless for the season is the only thing I can see that will can get Snyder to pull the trigger, and clean house. Putting in Dwayne yesterday wasn't a move to try to salvage the game, it was to prove a point for Gruden, that Dwayne isn't ready for the field, justifying a move to Colt. Not in my nature to root for my team to lose, but failure is the only hope I can see.

This sucks....

Nice to have the Elephant back gracing these spaces just the same!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.