• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread: Redskins v Lions

Yeah. Morris is averaging 5.6 ypc, but is only 11th in the league in rushing because he only has 40 carries as opposed to the 50-70 carries that most stud runners have to this point (AP has 69, McCoy has 62, Doug Martin has 73, Chris Johnson 69, etc).

While I agree most of the blame can be placed on the field with the defensive unit, this is one area I fail to find a plausible explanation for. I realize we got down so quickly in the first two games, but part of that is attributable to not running the ball enough, and to only have 15 rushes total yesterday during a close game is puzzling.

I think Shanahan pretty much admitted that was a glaring mistake in his post-game comments. Maybe we were a little too determined to show everyone that RH3 wasn't damaged goods yesterday.

Yeah. Morris is averaging 5.6 ypc, but is only 11th in the league in rushing because he only has 40 carries as opposed to the 50-70 carries that most stud runners have to this point (AP has 69, McCoy has 62, Doug Martin has 73, Chris Johnson 69, etc).

While I agree most of the blame can be placed on the field with the defensive unit, this is one area I fail to find a plausible explanation for. I realize we got down so quickly in the first two games, but part of that is attributable to not running the ball enough, and to only have 15 rushes total yesterday during a close game is puzzling.

I think Shanahan pretty much admitted that was a glaring mistake in his post-game comments. Maybe we were a little too determined to show everyone that RH3 wasn't damaged goods yesterday.

Yeah, seems like they were trying to force Griffin back into a rhythm, at the expense of Morris and the running game.

I'll have to look again but there seemed to be miscues enough to have too many down and longs for Morris to be effective all game.

I think he also had a few good runs called back don't know if they show up on the score sheet other than a penalty...... miscues again.

Need to chalk those damned cues and get a clean break for once.

We have burned too many 1st round picks on DBs here to have as many holes in the secondary as we currently have. (Feels like Detroit and wide outs, ya know?) I know that the situation with Taylor was tragic and totally out of the hands of the team but to follow Sean with Rogers and Landry, then not have any of them a few years later is ridiculous. We don't even have anything to show for them. No trophies and no players or draft picks back in return. The secondary really speaks to just messed up our organization has been for the last decade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.