• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread: Redskins At Denver

How can anyone blame Griffin? He shouldn't have been throwing at all in the second half. Kyle abandons the run again.

I'm getting too old for this ****. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, deserves to be denied sleep to sit through this. I'm going back to bed!

I hear ya Aussie, it's 230 am here and grinding my teeth.

Between our ****ty line, Griff freezing up, Kyle being retarded, late qb hits and 17 pick plays its a wash.

This game is on Kyle, period. Morris has 93 yards on 17 carries, and Kyle starts passing with a 14 point lead. Stupid.

This offense looks so inept at times. Not sure if its more Kyle or Griffin.

Also I know I've been bitching forever about needing a RT, which we still do but it seems Monty's only use is hiking the ball. Dude cannot pass block to save his life.

Bob was very off today. All day.

Given that, and given that Morris was running so well, the playcalling in the second half was inexcusable. Absolutely terrible.

The defense didn't deserve this after the way they hung with the Denver Mannings for ttwo and half quarters.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

How can anyone blame Griffin? He shouldn't have been throwing at all in the second half. Kyle abandons the run again.
Easy, he's spent half the games all season throw like a one armed girl. I'm over his ducks, I'm sick of the overthrows. Griffin sucks this year so far. He shouldn't be playing right now, he's doing absolutely nothing to help us win games. He needs to sit until he can figure out how to pull his head out of his ass and realize the hype won't carry him. His ego can't win a ball game and apparently that isn't sinking in.

That being said, Kyle abandoning the run shows McD is right about this coaching staff. It isn't just Haslett, every one of these guys is a failure here. I hope like hell none get their contracts extended.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, deserves to be denied sleep to sit through this.
Hey hey hey, eff you buddy, I'm not watching that bs again :laugh:

This game is on Kyle, period. Morris has 93 yards on 17 carries, and Kyle starts passing with a 14 point lead. Stupid.
Kyle is part of the problem, not the entire problem. Griffin is eating **** this year, today just being another example on a list of them. He's gone full retard, you never go full retard. It doesn't matter how terrible the playcalling is, you can't hold the ball for 10 minutes, be consistent with nothing but your indecisiveness and Heath Shuler accuracy, and blame it on the plays being called.

We keep losing because our coaching staff sucks, we have no O-line, and our QB has anointed himself a hall of famer in his mind and can't do squat on the field but play like a highschooler while running his mouth to a camera wherever he finds one.

Was I the only one who watched the game last week? Griff looked REALLY good last week. He shoulders some of the blame this week, but the lion's share, imo, goes to Kyle. We score on the Donkeys in a BEAUTIFUL time killing, soul-sucking drive to close the half by running all over them, and then start chucking it around? Kyle wants to be the smartest guy in the room all the time. Drives me insane.

And WHY THE **** were we running playaction AFTER we abandoned the run? My 2nd grade daughter wasn't fooled, Kyle. Come on, man. I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure you have to run the ball from time to time for the PA to be effective.

To me it's on Griffin. He couldn't find the open WR's, he couldn't make a decision, he couldn't throw the ball worth a crap.

I don't know how you can be expected to play call when your QB looks that bad.

You can call for the run, but 14 of our 21 points were from the defense and Payton Manning was running the other team. We couldn't just run the ball for 2 quarters and expect to do anything.

Awful football.

Since it's looking like a ****ty finish for us, and they are desperate for a QB, any chance we could ship Bob to the Rams and get our picks back and go with Cousins? I'm half serious.

Don't say that again, Ex. You'll get Boone excited and he's already running low on lotion.

Legendary coach Red Auerbach used to talk about having a "feel for the game". Meaning, knowing what's going on with your team.

Kyle has no clue. Sticks out like a sore thumb today.

You can blame Griffin, Cousins or whomever. I thought O like was dreadful throughout the game the qbs and running backs took far too many hard shots. The only holes the oline opened were straight into our backfield. Griff threw some bad balls today. Can't really toss that away.

I think tshile makes an interesting point. It doesn't excuse abandoning the run, but I think the thought coming out at the half was, Manning and the Broncos are going to come roaring back, hence the pass-heavy playcalling. I don't like it, and it may have been flawed logic, but I do think there was some thought process behind it.

And it's hard to deny that, except for the previous game, Griffin has been average or below average all year. He really looked lost out there today. I also put a lot of blame on the turnstile line. If we get out of this season without Griffin suffering another major injury, it'll be a miracle. And yeah, I know he holds onto the ball too long, but there were many plays today where he didn't even have time to set his feet. That's not on Griffin.

Amazingly, we're still, what? 1 game back? I'm not sure anyone will win the NFC East.

I have lots to say about the game today. In the first half the D was very good, but the offense looked like **** except for the 95 yard drive before the half. We come out of the half fired up, the D gives us a 2 turnovers, and we have 21 on the board. That was the last good thing we did.

I kinda expected Denver to score and make it 14-21. When we got the ball back I was screaming for us to run the damn ball, which never happened as we all know. Then right on cue we have special teams mishap, the 15 yard punt. I said it was time for that to happen, then the wheels completely fell off.

Griffin looked bad, but it is not all on him. The line was bad today. You have to expect for bad days it happens, I mean hell Manning had 3 picks, and a fumble today. We had every chance in the world and we gave up. Kyle not running the ball was just ****ing stupid, and it was obvious that RG3 was not on it, what did he think would happen? His ass needs to go, and I mean now!

There is plenty of blame to go around, receivers dropping balls, o line sucking, over throws, piss poor play calling.....

Time for people to be held responsible.

I believe there is plenty of blame to go around, but I truly believe the onus of this loss lay directly on the shoulders of Kyle Shanahan. He doesn't think...you don't need a home run when the other team starts a little come back. And you do NOT take risks on deep passes when you have a QB who is off, an offensive line that plays well enough in the run but cannot pass pro and you are in Denver where the altitude affects your stamina...placing your defense right back on the field right after a long drive! He has to think about putting the defense back on the field in those situations!

Let me put it this way:

If Marty Schottenheimer was our coach for this game, we win today.

MartyBall is what this game screamed for in the second half and Kyle had no interest in doing it, even though Morris was averaging over 5.5 a carry.

Sometimes... I guess there just aren't enough rocks...............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.