• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Draft Thread

Tom Compton is going to surprise the heck out you guys in August. :)

Tom Compton is going to surprise the heck out you guys in August. :)

I hope so, and I would take him 10 out of 10 times over Polumbus. Dude is gonna get our qb maimed.

Over all liked the picks but not sure about the TE though. Just figured we'd grab somebody with more height for the goaline jump balls. Position wise I like what the team did this weekend.

Jimbo, Jamison's mother was diagnosed with cancer. He cites financial need as the reason why he came out early.

I guess his college didn't pay too well.

To give up two years I figured he had his reasons. Let's hope it makes him "want it" all the more. That could only be a GOOD THING for us. I'm just hoping these mighty mites pay off, especially since Goodell already said we can't get any cap relief by only paying them half because they're half the size of everyone else. :laugh2:

Shoulda gone to Auburn.

Or Ohio State.

To give up two years I figured he had his reasons. Let's hope it makes him "want it" all the more. That could only be a GOOD THING for us. I'm just hoping these mighty mites pay off, especially since Goodell already said we can't get any cap relief by only paying them half because they're half the size of everyone else. :laugh2:

I believe it's a great thing. First, Fred Davis has just been put on notice. You don't own us anymore Fred......we own you.

Secondly......hello Niles Paul. It's time to become a man quickly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--2...ll-belichick-thinking-too-hard-233525109.html

2013 NFL draft winners/losers:

LOSERS

Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys were widely criticized for the selection of Travis Frederick. There are times when you look at what a team does in the draft and say, “What the heck was that?” The Cowboys did just that when they first traded out of a spot to get pretty good defensive help (safety Eric Reid went with the pick the Cowboys gave up) and then passed on Matt Elam.

In the process, the Cowboys took a guy (center Travis Frederick) who many teams didn't project to go until Saturday. While the next pick (tight end Gavin Escobar) was solid, the Cowboys then took wide receiver Terrance Williams and safety J.J. Wilcox, a pair of guys who are complete projects.

Williams is not particularly fast and produced stats largely because he played in Baylor's pinball offense. As for Wilcox, he's a small-school product (Georgia Southern) with one year of experience. In the third round? Yikes.

Fansince62 is going to be so happy with the Rambo pick

hah! btw...sorry abt the cigar bro. had the same wrapper burn issue with mine.

crank up the printing presses! The First Blood defense!!

Rambo: You don't know who you're messing with!

Rambo: There wouldn't be no trouble except for that king-**** Mara! All I wanted was something to eat. But the man kept pushing Sir.

You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in free safety play, with a man who's the best, with ints, with pancake tackles, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In college his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best.

I can't wait to see what the offense looks like this year. One thing is for sure... Screens to little bowling ball backs seem to be in our future.

good observation. recall that they were working this into the offense with banks.

I have an updated list of UDFAs in the BBQ thread. Right now, we are in process of negotiating with Cierre Wood, RB, Notre Dame - a signing is imminent.

And this overnight nugget from Walter FB.

2012 NFL Draft Winners and Losers - Day 3:

Winners

Washington Redskins: Philip Thomas, S, Fresno State and Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State

I knew the Redskins loved Thomas and had them taking him in the third round of my final seven-round mock draft. I kept mocking Thomas to Washington in my redrafts and eventually it hit as he went to the team in the fourth round. Thomas led the nation in interceptions in 2012 with eight. The Redskins landed the cornerback - David Amerson - and the safety with the best ball skills in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Washington landed Jenkins, a nice potential boom pick, with a fifth-round selection. He was once viewed as a potential first-rounder. He produced a lot of sacks before he injured his foot to miss his senior year. The Redskins also acquired Chris Thompson. He a big-play threat for the Seminoles in 2012, breaking off some long touchdown runs before he was injured last fall.

The Redskins' secondary needed a lot of help and general manager Bruce Allen landed some great values for Raheem Morris to work with. I volunteered my opinion to Allen that Rambo would be a great fit for Morris while at the Senior Bowl. Apparently my thinking was in line with the organization's since the team took the ballhawk Rambo in the sixth round. It was a steal as he has been a big-time play-maker in the SEC for the past three seasons. Washington came out of this draft with three potential starters for the secondary.

Another nugget from WFB...

228. Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers: A Grade
Another running back? You don't say! Jawan Jamison was given a third-round grade from the draft advisory committee. He fell because he's a small back with a slow 40, but he plays faster than his 4.6. This is not a need, but I love the value here in the middle of Round 7.

Cierre Wood is viewed as the sleeper RB of this draft by many. Perfect fit for what we do.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I could not be happier with this draft...amazing! And if they sign Woods, even better. Rambo, Thomas and Amerson should all see significant minutes this fall, and each catch several passes from Tony Romo. :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22157475/nfl-draft-nfc-east-grades

Washington Redskins

With no first round pick due to the trade up a year ago for quarterback Robert Griffin III, the Redskins had to wait until selection No. 51 overall before joining the action. Once they did, however, it became clear that the Redskins made finding ball-hawks in the secondary their top priority.

The Redskins began their draft by selecting David Amerson, a lanky ball-hawk who left North Carolina State after his junior season with an NCAA-leading 18 career interceptions. The Redskins continued this search for playmaking defensive backs through the third day of the draft, nabbing safeties Phillip Thomas (NCAA-leading eight interceptions in 2012) and Baccari Rambo (who led SEC with eight interceptions in 2011).

Tight end Jordan Reed is a virtual clone of former Florida Gator Aaron Hernandez and could prove to be similarly effective as the Patriots' standout as a move tight end or H-back in this scheme.

I also like the late-round gambles on injured pass-rusher Brandon Jenkins (Florida State) and running back Jawan Jamison (Rutgers). Overall, a very solid class, especially considering the lack of a first round pick.

Grade: A-

Is it possible the boom or bust is a factor of finally returning majority of last year's starters? I figured they'd be drafting backup guys they could groom, but maybe they thought it more appropriate to roll the dice knowing they'll miss on some, but find starters that are upgrades with others?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.