• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official 2014 Pre-Season Man Crush Thread

I'm going on the record with Seastrunk as my man crush. I think he's going to make Alf's job easier, and hit some home runs for us this year. 100 or so carries, 50 or so receptions, and over 1200 total yards (around 8-10 yards a touch). This kid is gonna have a LOT of room, because Ds will have to give Jackson and Garçon plenty of attention, along with Reed and Roberts.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Lukewarm "Man Crush" for Lache Seastrunk. Quick and elusive with heart. Not sure if he has enough power to be successful in the NFL, but what heart. Watch this link to see how with determination he scored on Oklahoma State on one leg (he pulled a hamstring). Ouch!

Lache Seastrunk 76-yd TD on One Leg - YouTube

The rookies are great. But for me the 2014 crushes are on Jackson and Hatcher.

It's amazing how the experts largely rate our offseason as average in the division when we picked up two pro bowl players from rival organizations.

An 11 sack DT and a 1,300 yard receiver don't at least put the Redskins in the solid to very good category? :)

I heard we signed a UDFA WR who's tall..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Hoffman is 6'4 and 223.

Just a few pounds lighter than Niles Paul who continues to be listed as a TE.

I have not seen Niles execute much on the field in that capacity in 2 years.

Gotta wonder if he will make the final roster.

He may have been one of the few ST contributors in 2013 but the Redskins have loaded up on veterans and rookies that are ST performers.

Better pass protection is what I was hoping for. That Rb from Baylor looks to be a great find if he can stay healthy.

Last edited:
Hoffman is 6'4 and 223.

Just a few pounds lighter than Niles Paul who continues to be listed as a TE.

I have not seen Niles execute much on the field in that capacity in 2 years.

Gotta wonder if he will make the final roster.

He may have been one of the few ST contributors in 2013 but the Redskins have loaded up on veterans and rookies that are ST performers.

Hoffman was a major KR his first 2 yrs @ BYU - 51/1259 (an RCH over 24.5 yd ave per return). Only 3 his 3rd, none his 4th but he did return 8 punts for 69 yds in his Senior year (only season he did PR). Why the drop his last two years as KR? My guess is they didn't want to risk injury - he did have 100 receptions as a Junior.

Niles last year ave was 5 yds less. Yeah, I know - College vs Pros. Like Cordarrelle Patterson; 28 KR yd ave in college - 32.5 in the NFL on 43 returns.

I'm goin with Ryan Grant
He'll prove to be the steal in this draft, and an effective fixture on the Redskins for years to come.

Whose job do you think he will take?

We really have a ton of receivers now....what a huge change from the last ten or fifteen years.

We really have a ton of receivers now....what a huge change from the last ten or fifteen years.

I think Nick Williams is toast and Moss should be next....just for starters.

Hankerson is going to need to blow the doors off of everyone to make the team and if Robinson cannot display any consistency this camp,he's probably out the door too.

There's plenty of room... :)

I guess you can play around with the Skins choices @ WR - and they do have a lot of them. But they will only keep 7 at most.

Garcon, DeSean & Roberts are all in.

Maybe some matchups:

Moss/Grant - Moss had 42 catches last year - on 80 targets. Anybody else had done that people would be screaming for his head.
Dez/Hoffman - Like to see Hoffman seal up the KR spot.
Robinson/Williams - Aldrick has been progressing but it seems (maybe just me) that RGIII has a harder time hooking up with him than Cousins does.
Hankerson/everyone else - like I said, you can play around with the matchups however; point is a tough lineup to crack. Nice to have choices.

I see him taking Hankerson's spot - at least his spot on the Depth Chart, if not his Roster Spot

I guess you can play around with the Skins choices @ WR - and they do have a lot of them. But they will only keep 7 at most.

Moss/Grant - Moss had 42 catches last year - on 80 targets. Anybody else had done that people would be screaming for his head.
Dez/Hoffman - Like to see Hoffman seal up the KR spot.

I don't think Dez has been re-signed.

As for KR, I'd like to see Seastrunk take a shot at that.

Moss had on off-year, no doubt. But he deserves a pass on that, after being rock-solid for a decade.
A guy doesn't just suddenly forget how to catch a ball, after being a virtual magnet for so long.
I don't think it has anything to do with age - I think he has at least another year or 2 left in the tank.
My guess is, that his drops were possibly due to not getting the reps in practice and games he's used to, or playing an entirely different role, than what he'd been used to, for his whole career

Last edited:
I don't know if it was the receiver coaching or the players themselves, but there have been way too many dropped passes that any decent receiver can catch. Nice to have some competition and choices this year.

Griffin was pretty bad last year guys ... Not all pass attempts are equal. Moss has earned the benefit of the doubt as the best Redskins WR of his era. Whether he's done or not I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.