• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: The Waiting

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
May 16, 2012

In the days and weeks following the St. Louis/Washington trade, up to and through the NFL draft and subsequent Redskins rookie camp, feeding the daily Robert Griffin III obsession was easy. There was such a cornucopia of news available that the difficult part was trying to assimilate it all in the few hours a working person has to spare.

But now the dust has settled.

In the interminable lull between camps, the available nourishment has been pared down to following links–any links–even if they're about socks.

These days the morning ritual includes a quick stop on Google's sports news roundup, typing "RG3" in the search field and scanning the entire list. You know, in case someone somewhere wrote something new about the Redskins, their new quarterback phenom, and their inevitable return to rightful gridiron relevance.

Or better yet there might be a new video.

At first, the Baylor games were the video prize. On-field heroics. Amazing throws, breathtaking runs. Having watched them all repeatedly, however, today the off-field, who-is-this-guy version have become equally prized. Maybe more so, given that ultimately they are what led to the kid getting under our Skins.

Twenty-two year old Robert Griffin III has spawned more man-crushes–particularly among men who generally cringe at mention of such a thing–than anyone since Art Monk was hailed into Canton.

And no, it's not just about the kid. Any thinking soul knows there is more to it than that. It's about the kid becoming quarterback of the Washington Redskins...

CLICK HERE to read more

Last edited:
Yep! That about sums up where I am right now. Thanks brother.

Its why I coach. I hate da waiting.

A rare Utah sighting ... good to see you man.

Twenty-two year old Robert Griffin III has spawned more man-crushes–particularly among men who generally cringe at mention of such a thing–than anyone since Art Monk was hailed into Canton.

Why whatever do you mean?

0330121713a.jpg

Well, coaching 2 different teams, indoor winter league for 9th graders and doing spring ball with the Varsity High School team, plus going to school pretty much full time leaves a man awfully tired to post. So I lurk for now and chime in when I can. I should do better soon as this onslaught of 'busyness' will settle down.

Plus, can not go very long without my Om fix.

Good read as always, and nice to see the bard at it on a regular basis.

WOW Om.....I identify with this entry a little more than your others of late.

Especially here:
We'll keep one eye on the first-place Nationals, who, as of this writing, are slowly, blood-vessel by blood-vessel, reclaiming the hearts of Washingtonians whose first baseball love was ripped from their chests forty years ago.

And here:
And when the first preseason game is over, we will dive in and take the full nine days until the Redskin play again (at Chicago) to dissect every step, decision, throw, body-language cue and post-game comment that can be gleaned, inferred, or simply made up, from repeated slow-motion replays of bad local network television coverage, and Youtube mashups, as is humanly possible.

Bravo. :claps:

Definitely hit the mark, Mark.

Waiting
- Green Day

I've been waiting a long time
For this moment to come
I'm destined
For anything...at all
Downtown lights will be shining
On me like a new diamond
Ring out under the midnight hour
No one can touch me now
And I can't turn my back
It's too late ready or not at all

Well, I'm so much closer than
I have ever known...
Wake up

Dawning of a new era
Calling...don't let it catch you falling
Ready or not at all
So close enough to taste it
Almost...I can embrace this
Feeling....on the tip of my tongue

Well, I'm so much closer than
I have ever known...
Wake up
Better thank your lucky stars....
(Shey hey hey)

I've been waiting for a life time
For this moment to come
I'm destined for anything at all

Dumbstruck
Colour me stupid
Good luck
You're gonna need it
Where I'm going if I get there...
At all....

Wake up
Better thank your lucky stars....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9giY58f-BYg[/media]

Merci, all.

Why whatever do you mean?

View attachment 370
LOVE that. :chestram2:

Definitely hit the mark, Mark.

Waiting
- Green Day

I've been waiting a long time
For this moment to come
I'm destined
For anything...at all...
Downtown lights will be...
Nice.

Let's add to the mix ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA[/media]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.