• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Synaptic Shotgun 9.19.10 - Texans Gameday

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Occasional, recurring short-form posts about
the Washington Redskins, NFL and maybe even Life.
Almost like a blog​

Can't let this go unsaid. If I came to you after today's game against Houston and told you why I'd seen the Redskins' win coming, you'd think I was catching a wave.

That wouldn't do.

I'm not going to break it down into X's and O's...by gameday morning you will have read plenty of those if that's your thing. What I will do is tell you is what I was thinking as I watched the highlights of the Texans' 34-24 win over Indianapolis that has everyone buzzing.

Their heretofore anonymous young running back, Arian Foster, ran wild to the tune of 231 yards and three touchdowns. That's pretty good. From the looks of it (acknowledging we're talking highlights here) he repeatedly gashed the left side of the Colts defense. There was a matchup problem there the Colts did not or could not fix on the fly.

I think Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett may have noticed.

The Colts best defensive player, safety Bob Sanders, left the game injured on the Texans's first offensive series. Based on recent history, Sanders is the one guy who seems to determine if the Colts defense is solid or awful. Oversimplified? Sure, a little. But not totally. The Redskins defense is not the Colts defense sans Sanders.

The Texans prepared for Indy all off season. Division rivalry. Raging inferiority complex. An underdog with limited expectations and a huge chip on its shoulder, sneaking up behind the neighborhood bully and whacking him upside the head with a shovel.

None of those factors apply against the Redskins today...

CLICK HERE to read more

Last edited:
I agree that our best bet is a little overconfidence coming off their last game. I'm nervous about this game. Very nervous. Their offense was awesome last year, and we're playing D under a new coach, in a new scheme, there are bound to be mistakes. Having Kyle on staff won't hurt, but it benefits their D as well.

My favorite game of the preseason was when the Texans made that other Texas team look, well, silly. Yes it was the preseason, but it was the next to last game. The one that is a dress rehearsal for the regular season with some game-planning and the starters playing into the second half. The Texans dominated both lines of scrimmage and beat those Cowboys handily. It could also be said that that game also meant more to Houston than Dallas. I say- Hogwash. I think they are just that good.

If we need our opponent to be overconfident to win at home then we aren't very good. But, I'd take it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.