• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Synaptic Shotgun 10.21.10 - Da Bears, Some Dude, Norval, Viva

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Six games into the 2010 season, the Redskins are 3-3, one game out of first place in the NFC East and heading to Chicago to play the Bears. Transition year (new Redskins regime) or not, it's a Big Game.

Win on Sunday, and the happy vibes and upward trend in DC continue as the Redskins stay in the thick of early playoff position jostling. Lose, and the darkness of doubt settles in again as the team dips back below .500, and all the same old questions and demons Washington fans have become so accustomed to come a'calling.

Like I said. Big.

Weird thing about the Bears these days though. It's hard to get a good mental image of this game. When I think about the Redskins at Chicago I still conjure smashmouth. Monster defense, power running game, faceless quarterbacking, icy wind off the lake and SOLDIER FIELD.

soldier.jpg

I'm struggling to shift gears and envision the Flying Martz Circus, baby-faced, lazy-eyed gunslinging quarterback Jay Cutler and this shiny thing passing as Soldier Field:

Soldier-1.jpg

Hey, call me curmudgeon, but this is Redskins at Chicago:

manley.jpg

And this ...

CLICK HERE to read more

Last edited:
I like the Chicago optimism!

"17-10 (if they kick to Hester)"

:rotflmao:

They must not know we cut DT, the next Anthony Mi... er Art Monk, I mean.

:)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This is what I think of when I think of the Redskins playing in Chicago:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vykn16DAQ0I[/media]

I can't help but think Jerry Jones put some kind of curse on Norvous when he left Dallas. The guy will NEVER win a Championship.

As for Soldier Field, my memory will always be of Darrell Green returning that punt against Da Bears in the playoffs and Dexter Manley with steam coming from the top of his head. ;)

Yeah, Norv cut Akers in 1999! Another curse against us!

As for Soldier field my memories are of 2 consecutive years when Da Bears were on the brink of a dynasty, we went into their house and upset them. The year we lost to the Giants in the Meadowlands 17-0 in the NFC Championship, I think the Bears were on a roll to win another SB if we hadn't gotten in their way. And then again the following year, we went back to Soldier field winning on our way to our 2nd SB. I think it showed how outmatched Ditka was against Gibbs.

It's not Norvo the Clown's dreamy eyes; it's his silky smooth skin. I wouldn't fire AJ Smith just yet - he's done quite well with personnel, but he's a real dumbarse when it comes to hiring coaches.

And China: You're magnetic ink. :)

OmField said:
Again, there’s no reason for a team this talented to perform this poorly. They’re losing on mental mistakes and showing a complete lack of discipline — something the head coach must take responsibility for.

I see Norval managed to direct his team to snatch another defeat from the jaws of victory, this time with 4 turnovers including these beauties:

Two of the giveaways were mystifying brain cramps.

Rookie Richard Goodman(notes) made his first NFL reception, a 25-yarder, then inexplicably left the ball on the ground even though he hadn’t been touched by a defender. New England safety James Sanders(notes) alertly picked up the ball.

On the next drive, Philip Rivers(notes) stepped up in the pocket, turned and threw a backward pass that glanced off fullback Jacob Hester’s(notes) hands. Hester didn’t go after it, apparently not realizing it was a lateral. Linebacker Rob Ninkovich(notes) did, returning it 63 yards before Rivers dragged him down at the 8.

and this:

Brown lined up to try a 45-yarder, but guard Louis Vasquez(notes) was whistled for a false start. Moved back 5 yards, Brown’s attempt was long enough but hit the right upright. Brown was signed last week because Nate Kaeding(notes) has an injured groin.

and this:

I watched most of that game. I swear to God my wife said before that play happened that there would be a false start or a some sort of penalty that would kill it.

It happened.

She smiled at me and said, "You may have repressed Norv, but I haven't forgotten yet."

Much as I hate to take pleasure in another man's pain ... I'll admit that in some deep dark corner of my soul there is a little bit of healing that happens every time the gods take Norv out on someone else.

I watched most of that game. I swear to God my wife said before that play happened that there would be a false start or a some sort of penalty that would kill it.

It happened.

She smiled at me and said, "You may have repressed Norv, but I haven't forgotten yet."

NICE! :claps: I don't even think my wife remembers who the hell Norv Turner is.

Much as I hate to take pleasure in another man's pain ... I'll admit that in some deep dark corner of my soul there is a little bit of healing that happens every time the gods take Norv out on someone else.

Karmic justice I tells ya! ;)

The more things change....

We're 3-3, one game out of first, heading into a big game on the road.

Norv Turner is still somehow employed, as a head coach.

And the Fan'ers Om-minac is still a must read.

Ax, I have to admit that driving in to work this morning I was tempted to cruise by ES and maybe resurrect The Turner Zone thread.

But then I figured that would just probably be piling on. :cool:

Ax, I have to admit that driving in to work this morning I was tempted to cruise by ES and maybe resurrect The Turner Zone thread.

But then I figured that would just probably be piling on. :cool:
Took the liberty of bumping that for ya OM.....just because I like to agitate a certain old fan from time to time.

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.