• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Darkest Before the Dawn

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I don't care, you know.

I don't care about DeAngelo Hall's diarrhetic mouth, Clinton Portis' rubber legs or the vaccuum that is Albert Haynesworth's intellect.

I don't care if Mike Shanahan, Bruce Allen and Donovan McNabb are Sons of Washington or adopted sons passing through.

I don't care if Dan Snyder is sinner or saint.

For reasons that go way back, I do care whether the professional football team known as the Washington Redskins scores more points on a given Sunday than the team the National Football League schedules them to play.

It's a simple formula really:

1. Score more points than the other guy more often than not over the course of sixteen weeks, and chances are they will let you play another game.

2. Score more points than the other guy in that game and lo and behold they let you play again, and...

3. Everyone talks in reverential tones about how awesome, cool and sexy you are.

I vaguely remember the last time my favorite team was awesome and cool and sexy. I was 31 and had a full head of hair. I could still stomach cheep bear. Life was good.

Lots has happened in my life since then; stuff you don't care about and I don't feel like telling.

Know what hasn't happened?

My favorite football team hasn't won. Instead they have become an opponent...

CLICK HERE if your mood ain't exactly sunny

Last edited:
The Washington Redskins- every bad football team's preferred Homecoming opponent.

"Lifer 1, this is Lifer 2.........................come in."

"Lifer 2, Lifer 1. I'm taking flak off my starboard side right now. Tough to talk. Anything new to report? Over."

"Uhhhhhhhh, negative Lifer 1. Nothing new to report here. Same old sh*t."

This is how bad it's gotten. I'm now writing imaginary conversations between futuristic space pilots named Lifer 1 and Lifer 2.

Redskins better figure it out soon.......

Do ya think you could keep the black when the loosing stops ?

It's quite sexy.

I was wondering why when I watch Redskins football on Sunday's, the old Ray Charles tune "Born to Lose" keeps getting stuck in my head ?

I appreciate a good futile gesture.

Om's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

And Om's just the guy to do it.

"Lifer 1, this is Lifer 2.........................come in."

"Lifer 2, Lifer 1. I'm taking flak off my starboard side right now. Tough to talk. Anything new to report? Over."

"Uhhhhhhhh, negative Lifer 1. Nothing new to report here. Same old sh*t."

This is how bad it's gotten. I'm now writing imaginary conversations between futuristic space pilots named Lifer 1 and Lifer 2.

Redskins better figure it out soon.......
Don't hold it in, brother, it can lead to madness. Find a window to open and shout that you aren't going to take it any more.

You may get shot but you'll feel better.

Do ya think you could keep the black when the loosing stops ?

It's quite sexy.
Perhaps. I think it was Eddie Murphy who said, "once you go black, you never go back." But he was faking paralysis then so who knows.

I appreciate a good futile gesture.

Om's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

And Om's just the guy to do it.
The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.

Oh, God I love this! Score one for brother Om!:2thumbsup:

There's a guy on that Packer forum I visit that has changed his sig to read as follows:

" I will not change this signature until the Packers win the Super bowl. Started: 8/25/10"

Rabid fans-gotta love 'em.

BTW, Om, I'm with Miles, the new look is cool.

I guess over the years I've gotten so jaded that I seldom get angry enough for something like this. With me it's sort of "Ah, well.......s**t....guess I'll wait and see when things turn around."

I do have limits, however, and this one involves the upcoming four game stretch-probably the toughest of the season. The Redskins will either defeat or play well enough to scare the living crap out of at least one of the four probable playoff teams coming up. That's my signal that they mean what they say-both coaches and players and that's it's starting to sink in.

Otherwise I start ranting.

Nobody here has ever seen me rant.

It ain't pretty. :knife:

Good rant.

Yes, we suck. As I expected.

But I feel better that we have some competant people at the helm that I believe will eventually right the ship.

Unfortunately, it's just gonna take time

Got it in one, Om.

Not much else to say, is there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.