• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

O-line, 'surprise' analysis, more fun stats and opinion PFF

TomE

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kinda surprised me considering the tenor of discussion by some on these boards.

I don't pretend to actually know what all of this means but I do see Griff moving around enough to judge that this group might not yet be up to par with the fading memories I have of the Hogs in action, 'course today the Hogs themselves might not live up to my memory either ;)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/09/ranking-the-2013-offensive-lines-first-quarter/4/

4. Washington Redskins: +20.8

Stud: The surprise package has been Kory Lichtensteiger (+10.0) who is playing his best football right now.

Dud: After a good 2012 most of us expected Chris Chester (-5.0) to kick on. He hasn’t.

Summary: This will surprise some, but the Redskins have done a really good job of keeping a clean pocket. Trent Williams has allowed just four quarterback disruptions on the year and the line has the third-best Pass Blocking Efficiency of all teams.

The more Griff gets back to being Griff, the better the line is going to be.

Having said all that, we need to spend some higher draft picks on OLinemen at some point.

I wish we could have gotten Marshall Yanda instead of Chester, but Yanda knew what he was doing. We need to spend a 2nd round pick to get the vest RT we can get next year and sign the best available tackle in FA who is willing to play RT. Give the rook time to develop because the likelihood of drafting a starter in the 2nd is small.

Again they got it wrong. Chester is constantly worried about what's going on to his right. After rewatching the Oakland game Polumbus is having trouble even when they give him help which is often. The eye opening thing for me was that he is whiffing often in the run game as well. His man is constantly making the tackle and when he pulls he struggles to get on anyone at all at times. A couple times he pulled I couldn't help myself but scream at the tv "hit SOME ONE!!!" I truly believe if we upgraded that one position we would be well ahead of where we are right now.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

After rewatching the Oakland game Polumbus is having trouble even when they give him help which is often. The eye opening thing for me was that he is whiffing often in the run game as well. His man is constantly making the tackle and when he pulls he struggles to get on anyone at all at times. A couple times he pulled I couldn't help myself but scream at the tv "hit SOME ONE!!!" I truly believe if we upgraded that one position we would be well ahead of where we are right now.

Kerrigan must eat Polumbus for lunch in practice.

That site/survey has to be ran by the Polumbus family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.