• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NT MA'AKE KEMOEATU

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
108115.jpg

Height: 6-5 Weight: 345 Age: 31
Born: 1/10/79 Tonga
College: Utah
Experience: 9th season
High School: Kahuku HS [HI]

Terms: 2 years, $7 million)

kemoeatustats.png

BIOGRAPHY

Ma'ake Tu'amelie Kemoeatu (born January 10, 1979 in Pule'anga Fakatu'i'o, Tonga) is an American football defensive tackle who is currently a Washington Redskin. He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2002. He played college football at Utah.

Kemoeatu has also played for the Carolina Panthers. He is the older brother of NFL offensive lineman Chris Kemoeatu.

Early years

Kemoeatu attended Kahuku High School in Kahuku, Hawai'i.

College career

Kemoeatu was a four-year letterman and three-year starter at Utah. He started 35 of 43 games played in college, finishing his career with 160 tackles and nine sacks.

Professional career

Baltimore Ravens

Kemoeatu played four seasons with the Baltimore Ravens from 2002 to 2005. He was originally signed as an undrafted free agent in 2002.

Carolina Panthers

Kemoeatu signed with the Carolina Panthers as a free agent in 2006.

Kemoeatu suffered a torn right Achilles' tendon during the team's 2009 training camp. He was placed on season-ending injured reserve on August 5. He was released on March 5, 2010.

Washington Redskins

On March 10, 2010 Kemoeatu signed a reported 2 year, $7 million free agent contract with the Washington Redskins.

Personal

He is the older brother of Chris Kemoeatu of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is currently engaged.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjUZJYGJzJE[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3R6bnd1oyo[/media]

NFB: Kemoeatu Excited About Being a Redskin
RI: Maake Kemoeatu could make Albert Haynesworth's job easier

Chicago+Bears+v+Carolina+Panthers+niiIXbMk35_m.jpg

Last edited:
PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

March 10, 2010

REDSKINS SIGN NT MAAKE KEMOEATU

LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent nose tackle Maake Kemoeatu. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

Kemoeatu (full name pronounced ma-AH-kay key-moy-AH-too) has played in 107 games with 61 starts in an eight-year career with Baltimore (2002-05) and Carolina (2006-09). In his career, Kemoeatu has registered 291 tackles (183 solo), four sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

Kemoeatu spent the 2009 season on Injured Reserve after suffering a torn Achilles tendon during training camp. In 2008, he totaled 40 tackles (31 solo), two passes defensed and a forced fumble while starting 14 games.

After originally entering the NFL as a college free agent with Baltimore on April 26, 2002, Kemoeatu spent four seasons with the club, totaling 153 tackles (82 solo), four sacks and a fumble recovery. Kemoeatu then joined the Panthers, signing as an unrestricted free agent following the 2005 season.

Kemoeatu played collegiately at Utah, were he saw action in 43 games with 35 starts and amassed 160 tackles and nine sacks, earning All-Mountain West Conference honorable mention during his senior campaign.

Born on Jan. 10, 1979, Kemoeatu is a native of Kahuku, Hawaii.

Welcome aboard, big fella!! Rebuilding from the inside out, who would have thought?

Guess that means Haynesworth/Daniels/Carter play at end?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yeah, the achilles bothers me too Mike. But that's why his contract is incentive laden, so I think it will work out.

I think this is an excellent move. Low risk high reward. If he pans out, we could have a killer D-line for the 3-4.

I think this is the key signing so far. If Kemoeatu comes back healthy and they can team him with Haynesworth on the 3-4 5 DL in 2010 the Redskins will have a formidable front and will allow other resources to go to the OL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.