• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NT ANTHONY BRYANT

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
111978.jpg

NT ANTHONY BRYANT

Height: 6-3 Weight: 337 Age: 28
Born: 11/16/1981 Greensboro , AL
College: Alabama
Experience: 3rd season
High School: Sunshine HS [Newbern, AL]

NY GIANTS PLAYER PROFILE

CAREER STATS

Redskins Sign Bryant To Add D-Line Depth

The Redskins have signed free agent nose tackle Anthony Bryant, the team announced on Monday.

Bryant, a three-year veteran, joins Maake Kemoeatu as defensive linemen listed as nose tackles on the Redskins’ roster.

Bryant, 28, is expected to provide depth along the defensive line. For more on Bryant, check out the Redskins Blog.

Bryant has appeared in nine NFL games, with three starts, in his career. He has totaled 11 tackles (five solo).

The 6-3, 335-pound Bryant spent the first six games of the 2009 season on the New York Giants practice squad before being moved to the practice squad/injured reserve list on Oct. 20.

Bryant was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the sixth round (178th overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft...

Redskins Sign Defensive Tackle Anthony Bryant

... Bryant has made three starts in nine appearances in a three-year NFL career that's covered four actual years on six previous teams (including practice squads). He's an unproven quantity at best, released by the Giants today, and is thisclose to earning the designation of "journeyman".

So what's the big deal?

The reason the Bryant signing is significant is because he is, in fact, a nose tackle. The press release calls him one, and so do his measurables. Remember Albert Haynesworth describing nose tackles?

"You look at all the nose tackles in the NFL, they're all the same type guys," he said. "Like me, I'm 6-6, 330, 340 pounds, whatever. Most of those guys are short, stubbier, pretty much stump-type guys. I don't think I'm built to be a nose tackle, to be honest."

Well, Bryant stands 6'3" and lists at 335 pounds, which is certainly stump-type enough, and the brief time I saw him today leads me to believe that 335 might be a slightly outdated number. He is a big, big dude. He may not make much of an impact -- may not make any impact at all, in fact -- but he sure seems to have the size to anchor the nose.

Also, like Ma'ake Kemoatu -- the last nose tackle the team signed -- he's done some good charitable work with students, which is always nice to see. (And the picture of him next to a five-year-old gives you some perspective on how huge he is.)

Prospect Profile: Anthony Bryant
By TFY Draft Preview
Date: Mar 28, 2005

Anthony Bryant School: Alabama
Ht: 6-3 Wt: 337 40: 5.10 Year: 5Sr

Bio: Two-year starter posting 19/2.5/1.5 as a senior after a career high 44 tackles as a junior.

Positives: Massive, interior tackle with a good degree of athleticism. Gets off the snap with a quick first step, bends his knees and slides off blocks to make the tackle. Fluid moving laterally, can twist or stunt and makes plays out to the flanks. Drives his feet up the field and runs to the ball relatively well. Adequate using his hands to get off blocks.

Negatives: Though large, easily ridden from his angle of attack or handled at the point by a single blocker. Only average playing speed.

Analysis: Marginally productive on the college level, Bryant has consistently shown flashes of dominance the past four-years, yet has not put together a complete game. Must significantly improve his body strength as well as conditioning to make a roster and produce at the next level.

43EE135AEE4A415591C54D2169F2DA80.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow, we're signing depth. Who'd a thunk?

Now Fat Al has one less reason to bitch about the 3-4

The guy looks a little bigger than 337 to me. Even if he's just a Training Camp body, depth is depth.

Holy cow, we're signing depth. Who'd a thunk?

Now Fat Al has one less reason to bitch about the 3-4

We've always signed camp fodder guys, this year is no different. Does this guy have a chance to make the final roster? I dunno...his previous history isn't too promising, even though he was on 4-3 teams previously. It'll be interesting to see how he plays in the 3-4.

Not necessary Riggo - no one here would ever think you 'classless' brother :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.