• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

not impressed with the start of this "new regime"

One move does not an off season make and the rest of the moves are still very "meh". It's still way too early to get geeked, Wins will change people like me, nothing else.

One move does not an off season make and the rest of the moves are still very "meh". It's still way too early to get geeked, Wins will change people like me, nothing else.

But we have Gruden!

***see sig***

So far I think the Redskins and Giants have improved while Dallas and Philly have lost ground.

Nobody is braggin up the young players that 'need' to be replaced. Our foundation is built on young players in key places. Griffin/Morris/Garcon/Reed/Williams/Kerrigan don't need to be replaced. In addition to them, we have some solid young players Young/Paulsen/Amerson/Hankerson/Helu... and a handful of young players in need of development who the jury is still out on. There are quite a major 'x-factor' that has been thrown into the mix, which basically sends the jury out on the whole defense. In addition to that, 4 losses last season could be directly connected to HORRIBLE ST play. It cannot be dismissed, it's an absolute element of the game.

I like the enthusiasm....but remind you....a list of names does not have any meaning until compared to the competition. the talent level has to be up there with the Seatles and Friscos of the world to feel comfortable or have merit in the idea that we are on the right path.

I like the enthusiasm....but remind you....a list of names does not have any meaning until compared to the competition. the talent level has to be up there with the Seatles and Friscos of the world to feel comfortable or have merit in the idea that we are on the right path.

yeah, but also keep in mind that systematically the value of those names may (and most likely will) change over the next season. It's assumed that Helu (or any other receiving back) will be more valuable then they were at the beginning of the season. Also the development factor for players like Rambo/P. Thomas will be more valuable in their second season. In addition to that my post was made pre-Desean Jackson, so you can add his name and his influence over the entire offense with his ability to force the defense to put a safety over the top on most passing plays.

yeah, but also keep in mind that systematically the value of those names may (and most likely will) change over the next season. It's assumed that Helu (or any other receiving back) will be more valuable then they were at the beginning of the season. Also the development factor for players like Rambo/P. Thomas will be more valuable in their second season. In addition to that my post was made pre-Desean Jackson, so you can add his name and his influence over the entire offense with his ability to force the defense to put a safety over the top on most passing plays.

I like your enthusiasm! Guess I have become inured to redskin dis-functionality. going to wait until I see it by end of next season.

I like your enthusiasm! Guess I have become inured to redskin dis-functionality. going to wait until I see it by end of next season.

i agree with you.. that post wasn't to justify our current roster, just that we might not be as far off as a 3-13 team normally is, and that we've taken a step in the right directions. We've got a core of players we can build on, and we've gotten younger. Both are necessary (imho) when building a successful franchise.

i agree with you.. that post wasn't to justify our current roster, just that we might not be as far off as a 3-13 team normally is, and that we've taken a step in the right directions. We've got a core of players we can build on, and we've gotten younger. Both are necessary (imho) when building a successful franchise.

I think we have gotten better as well. Not sure whether that is 8-8 better, 10-6 better....but better just the same.

man everyone has to believe in what Gruden is doing cant make a mountain out of a molehill in one season....relax...I would rather watch a steady climb to the top ..as in domination of the NFC ..rather than be a one hit wonder ...I remember the climb with Gibbs a unheralded coach at that time ...relax everyone' you have to believe its gonna b allright...have faith and BLEED BURGUNDY & GOLD...have been for 53 years.....HTTR...

We need to spend only one pick or two on OL - the rest on D.

If Seattle and SF have shown us anything, its that an elite D still wins championships. We have enough horses on the O now but still need to protect the QB, otherwise, I'd say lets take only D (DL, LB, S, CB - BPO at all positions).

If Seattle and SF have shown us anything, its that an elite D still wins championships. We have enough horses on the O now but still need to protect the QB, otherwise, I'd say lets take only D (DL, LB, S, CB - BPO at all positions).

While I don't disagree with your assessment about defense...both teams had damn good offensive lines to add top their tier defenses. In fact, San Fran has 3 1st round picks on their starting OL...2 of them chosen in the same draft 6 picks apart.

I agree for the most part, but I also expect to see us take a RB in the 6th. Gruden loves RBs who can catch and get the ball up the field quickly. That RB could also return kicks or punts for us.

Chris Thompson may not be the answer. Crawford is still coming back from a serious injury. How many times do we want to risk Desean? And Roberts wasn't spectacular in that role.

So we have a decent running back in Helu who can catch the ball and get some yardage in the open field, but he isn't a Matt Forte or in-his-prime Darren Sproles?

The Redskins with the other weapons on this offense should be able to make do quite nicely, if the line solidifies that is :)

That to me now is the key. We have addressed WR and have a healthy Griffin. Morris is Morris and Jordan Reed should only be better in Year 2.

Get that RT and RG that we need and this offense is looking like a quality unit top to bottom.

So we have a decent running back in Helu who can catch the ball and get some yardage in the open field, but he isn't a Matt Forte or in-his-prime Darren Sproles?

The Redskins with the other weapons on this offense should be able to make do quite nicely, if the line solidifies that is :)

That to me now is the key. We have addressed WR and have a healthy Griffin. Morris is Morris and Jordan Reed should only be better in Year 2.

Get that RT and RG that we need and this offense is looking like a quality unit top to bottom.

I don't see Helu returning kickoffs. Nor Royster.

I could see us just giving Roberts that role for the season, however.

And I believe you'll get your starting RT or RG, but not both. Something tells me defense is going to be a huge priority in this draft.

While I don't disagree with your assessment about defense...both teams had damn good offensive lines to add top their tier defenses. In fact, San Fran has 3 1st round picks on their starting OL...2 of them chosen in the same draft 6 picks apart.
So...we agree, then?

I said we needed one, maybe two picks spent on OL. I'm thinking RT and G.

The rest should be D. I don't care what position - just BPA.

In other words, no WR, TE, RB. We'll have to go with what we have for now on the roster.

So...we agree, then?

Umm...yeah! :laugh: I guess I read that wrong.

The one thing I think most of us agree on...is that we have needs in so many areas, we should, and probably will, take BPA. I don't think we should be disappointed with whomever we take, so long as that player is at least close to be able to be plugged in right away.

I mean, even if we took a Kelvin Benjamin, I don't think I would be upset because the kid wouldn't have too much pressure going in and could have the time to develop behind the WR corp we have now.

But, I hope we are able to land a starting RT with the 2nd round pick or find a trade partner willing to jump up. We are in a great position with the new format for teams to scramble to get the player they want with an entire day to consider their options. This day 2 format definitely puts us in a favorable position to find a trade partner.

BPA-yes o-line would be great, but still wouldn't be mad if we get a good DB,,, ,that could start and contribute right away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.