• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Nope still pissed

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
I figured I would wait a day before posting anything about this game, surely by then any residual anger would be dissipated.

Nope still pissed.

we still look inept against the run, only now we look like idiots faking injuries throughout the game. We clearly have a solid pass rush but how much of that is simply because we cannot stop the run?Kerrigan is clearly a far better player when teams cant roll protections on him, and Rak is simply a stellar athlete, but it sure would be nice to see him develop something other than a bullrush or butt and jerk move. London is finally slowing down a bit but we do have more talent at LB right now than I would have thought. The secondary looks ok, but not anything special. If we blitz more but from better formations we will get better, but as long as we use those messed up formations, I dont think this defence gets us a wild card.

now for the contentious stuff. sit RG3, yes I have him in my fantasy league that I pay money for, and I couldnt care less. let him practice until hes ready to burst, but dont let him try to play and get gunshy. he put up decent numbers but he didnt look ready to me at all and he took way too many hits again. this is a textbook way to destroy a young QB.

Sign a goddamn right tackle and a decent guard, after watching the pitiful display last night, is anyone really going to argue that our Oline is decent? this is a weak spot and needs to be addressed. period, maybe we need to make a trade, only im not sure what we have that could be worth trading other than kirk.

I have to dl the torrent now to finally rewatch the game but I think I'd have to disagree with you about the secondary (they looked mostly lost or standing in cement) and from what I saw Rak looked like hot garbage along with the interior OL. RG3 on the other hand looked like he shouldn't have even been on the field for 2 quarters.

Orakpo was garbage, Hall was a clueless douchebag as always, aside from the one lucky runback at the beginning. He's still getting blown out down the field and letting his receivers get as open as an inmate's asshole, then acting dumbfounded and looking for a flag for no reason when he gets embarrassed. Then he's quickly gone back to his coming in as the guy is an inch from the ground or already down, then creaming him. Almost losing his job had zero impact on this ignorant jerkoff. I still wish we would've cut ties to him completely.

All aspects of our game looked pathetic until midway through the third quarter when it didn't matter anymore.

On a side note, I do hope Chip Kelly's design to have their o-line chop the knees of the defense on the snap gets banned, that **** has disaster written all over it. I'd start instructing the d-line to take a step back at the snap, then walk right over the clowns as they lay on their guts, that'll eliminate that **** real quick.

Ryman would be pissed if the skins won 19 games

On a side note, I do hope Chip Kelly's design to have their o-line chop the knees of the defense on the snap gets banned, that **** has disaster written all over it. I'd start instructing the d-line to take a step back at the snap, then walk right over the clowns as they lay on their guts, that'll eliminate that **** real quick.

Couldn't agree more. I was screaming about that when it happened. That **** needs to be stopped immediately. Of course, since it isn't concussions, the league won't do anything about it, even though the NFL is all about player safety.

Garbage.

Couldn't agree more. I was screaming about that when it happened. That **** needs to be stopped immediately. Of course, since it isn't concussions, the league won't do anything about it, even though the NFL is all about player safety.

Garbage.

If Suh played OL they'd do away with it the following Monday to go with his 100k fine.

Griffin isn't gong to improve without playing time. The first few games are his preseason. At some point you have to bite the bullet. Get it out of the way and win the last 2/3 rds of the season. Kind of hard to improve the positions with the cap hit. It is a major contributor.

Rak being on the field opened up a lot for Kerrigan, but he needs to be playing DE, he simply isnt an OLB and if we make him play in space, we will learn it the same way we "learned" about Carter. what pisses me off is that he could be an excellent DE instead of a "decent" OLB who is a liability in space.

The secondary didnt look that bad, but they were put in bad spots by the formations. you see it clearly on several plays. thats on Haslett. when we run certain alignments we look solid, oddly enough.

The Oline looked like garbage on almost every short yards play, the RT spot and the interior looked especially bad.

If someone would like to **** $18mil of cap space, then I'm sure we'd spend it on a few upgrades on the Oline, and safety.

Until then, GTF over it.

But I was told Turns-Tyler Polumbus was a good run blocker! :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Bob has to play. He's our starter and he's healthy. You don't scratch a healthy starter because of one bad half.

Correct. And if the entire offense hadn't played so horribly as well, Robert's rust would not have been too big to overcome early on.

An argument can, and is being made, that we should take preseason a smidge more seriously next year; had we done so this year, PERHAPS that would have allowed the rest of the offense to come in with little rust which might have made a slightly more palatable half. I can buy that argument, but upon further reflection (and the second half of the Iggles game), I don't see sitting Robert at this point.

Bottom line, two plays turned this one around.

The first, which was HUGE, was the Alfred Morris fumble. Defense scores a TD after being winded by 77 plays in the first 30 seconds, then immediately gets a stop after the Eagles run another 63 plays on their second drive, holding them to a field goal. How soul-crushing would it have been if the offense drove 80 yards for a 14-3 lead at that point? Nope...Morris fumbles on the very first play the offense runs.

The game was still very close; what we needed at that point was another sustained drive; Griffin throws a pick. The D miraculously holds on for another 26 plays, and forces a punt. Then Kyle Shanahan calls a friggin PITCH in the end zone. The worst possible thing of all time happens, and the Eagles get a safety, and the ball back. At this point the play count is 4 to 436 in the Eagles' favor, and we're putting our D back on the field.

If one of those two plays doesn't happen, we win this game easily. We got a LOT of lucky bounces last year; maybe these were a couple of our "reverting back to the mean" moments. Ugh.

You're absolutely right less incorrect than usual Lanky :D

Seriously, why would ANY coach EVER call for a pitch in the end zone? Especially when you're getting mauled on all sides of the ball, and you're pitching to a guy who already fumbled 4 seconds earlier? It makes no sense at all, and I have no idea what the hell Kyle was thinking. Even if Alfred had pulled it in, it's still a horrible call. You do not pitch the ball to the back of the endzone, no situation will ever make that the right call.

I'm just hoping that last year wasn't a fluke for Alfred, I'd hate to be right about him a year after the fact. It took a while for him to convince me he was the real deal last year. I've become such a huge fan of his in the meantime, that it would sting if he reverts now.

The reason to call the pitch is because it gets the RB out further ahead of the defensive line with a little more momentum to possibly get more yards out of the play, and because the two people doing it were super stars last year when it came to not turning the ball over. How many times did we execute the pitch last year without any problems? Why is it reasonable to assume this one time would be the time there is a botched pitch?

It's really easy to armchair playcall when you know the outcome of the play after it's called. I'm sure Kyle Shanahan would be significantly better at his job if he had the ability to do that.

(just playing devil's advocate, not a fan of the pitch myself, but it was a **** position. a pick 6 and we'd all be screaming why are you passing, you need to run in that position...)

Bottom line, two plays turned this one around.

The first, which was HUGE, was the Alfred Morris fumble. Defense scores a TD after being winded by 77 plays in the first 30 seconds, then immediately gets a stop after the Eagles run another 63 plays on their second drive, holding them to a field goal. How soul-crushing would it have been if the offense drove 80 yards for a 14-3 lead at that point? Nope...Morris fumbles on the very first play the offense runs.

The game was still very close; what we needed at that point was another sustained drive; Griffin throws a pick. The D miraculously holds on for another 26 plays, and forces a punt. Then Kyle Shanahan calls a friggin PITCH in the end zone. The worst possible thing of all time happens, and the Eagles get a safety, and the ball back. At this point the play count is 4 to 436 in the Eagles' favor, and we're putting our D back on the field.

If one of those two plays doesn't happen, we win this game easily. We got a LOT of lucky bounces last year; maybe these were a couple of our "reverting back to the mean" moments. Ugh.

This is why I have a hard time putting any blame on the defense. Given the positions they were put in, I think they did better than anyone could ask for.

Go over that sequence again and pretend it's last Saturday, a few days before the game. Ask yourself what you would think the score should have been at that point, and compare it to what it actually was. The eagles should have put 50 on us in the first half, our defense kept it from getting that out of control.

Yep...its pretty much how many predicted it would be - the defense was "good enough to win" with our offense. The only problem was, our offense didn't start chugging until the 3rd quarter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.