• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

no way Manning comes to DC

fansince62

was listening to Gil Brandt on NFL Radio today - he passed Tong Dungy mentioned to him that he believes Manning's neck problems all started from a high low tackle administered by P Daniels and another Skin during the Williams' tenure.

You can never say never. Don't be surprised if it happens AND we are able to land RG3.

Keep in mind that Coach Shanahan and GM Allen are unpredictable with regards to FA and the draft - and that is a good thing.

Manning is going to go where he feels he has the best chance to win another Super Bowl - I don't see any other factors influencing him at this point in his career. He's got more money than God. If he thinks pairing up with Shanahan will get him there, the fact that it was Redskins players that got him hurt in the first place is a non-issue.

Btw - I think the motivation to win another title is exactly the reason Manning won't come to the Redskins.

Last edited:
good points BB and Boone-miester.

we're all going to be looney tunes over this QB chess match as each signing occurs and the set of options become more clear. I just hope we aren't boxed into "best available".....

good points BB and Boone-miester.

we're all going to be looney tunes over this QB chess match as each signing occurs and the set of options become more clear. I just hope we aren't boxed into "best available".....

If Indy does snatch Luck and we manage to get the #2 pick from the Rams and grab RGIII-wouldn't that make RGIII the "best available"? :laugh:

I really hope we get RGIII. We need a QB that is going to be here for 10-15 years, not 3.

I think there is a silent suitor in the Manning equation. I would not be surprised if San Francisco grabs him. They have a solid defense and run game. If they had a playmaker at QB, they would be the instant favorites to win the NFC East. From everything that I have read, Kaepernick is not yet ready. Sitting behind Manning could do him some good.

The 49ers are ready to win now! If Wayne, Manning, and Garcon go to the 49ers, they are going to be very very hard to beat. Also, Alex Smith has not re-signed with them yet. As of right now, he is a FA. Even if Smith re-signs, I think they should still go after Manning. They would instantly be one of the better QB situations in the NFL.

By the way, I am pulling for the Dolphins to get Manning. Dolphins get Manning, Browns get Flynn and Redskins get RGIII. If the Dolphins do not get Manning, I am afraid they will snag Flynn and the Browns may be more of a factor in the draft.

If Indy does snatch Luck and we manage to get the #2 pick from the Rams and grab RGIII-wouldn't that make RGIII the "best available"? :laugh:

hey...wise guy!!!! ok...I'm done laughing. yes indeed....but not in the pejorative tone I was employing.

I really hope we get RGIII. We need a QB that is going to be here for 10-15 years, not 3.

I think there is a silent suitor in the Manning equation. I would not be surprised if San Francisco grabs him. They have a solid defense and run game. If they had a playmaker at QB, they would be the instant favorites to win the NFC East. From everything that I have read, Kaepernick is not yet ready. Sitting behind Manning could do him some good.

The 49ers are ready to win now! If Wayne, Manning, and Garcon go to the 49ers, they are going to be very very hard to beat. Also, Alex Smith has not re-signed with them yet. As of right now, he is a FA. Even if Smith re-signs, I think they should still go after Manning. They would instantly be one of the better QB situations in the NFL.

By the way, I am pulling for the Dolphins to get Manning. Dolphins get Manning, Browns get Flynn and Redskins get RGIII. If the Dolphins do not get Manning, I am afraid they will snag Flynn and the Browns may be more of a factor in the draft.

nice post...but you mean NFC West!!!

hey...wise guy!!!! ok...I'm done laughing. yes indeed....but not in the pejorative tone I was employing.

Yeah, I know, you were referring to the scenario we all fear-Luck gone, RGIII to the Browns, Flynn and Peyton land in other NFL venues and we're looking at the "best of a sorry lot"-although Tannehill might not be all that "sorry" if we had to, as you would likely put it-"settle" for him or even someone like Osweiler, Wilson, or Weeden...or (gulp!)Orton. I was just grabbing an opportunity to be a bit of a smart a$$. :devilish:

To be honest, I doubt I'd be all that upset with any of the options being bandied about as long as the "settling for" does not include having the other RG taking snaps for another whole season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.