• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem Contest: The Winners

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
nflpickemmedium.png

And so the time has come in the 2009 BGO NFL Pickem Contest.

The Winners.

We've had a great contest in our inaugural season. But in the end there can be only one :) And, truth be told, although as a BGO Staff Member, he wasn't eligible for prizes, Neophyte was that one. Finishing a season's worth of picks with nearly 70% accuracy, Neophyte beat all comers with an astounding 184-81 record. Amazing job Neo. :cheers:

Our *official* contest came down to the wire with the BGO NFL Pickem Champion being determined not by the number of correct season picks (both our leaders selected 182 winners on the year), but by their tie-breaker point totals for the year. Even more incredibly, after 16 regular season games, the playoffs, and the Super Bowl, our #1 and #2 finishers were separated by a mere 3 points.

The winner, by a razor-thin margin, of the 2009 BGO NFL Pickem Contest is Jimbo. Congrats on an incredible late season run to the championship :cheers:

Runner-up, and equally impressive, was a player who for most of the season looked to be running away with the title. Congrats to servumtuum for an incredible 2009 performance.

3rd Place, with a 180-85 record, belongs to MisterPinstripe. And our 4th place winner, with a record of 179-86, is Coolbreeze.

For the final 2009 NFL Pickem Contest results, click HERE.

One note on prizes, as our BGO Store is currently down (and our re-opening date not known), we will substitute an NFL baseball cap of your choosing for the BGO Store items.

Once again, thanks to all members who played the contest year, congrats to our winners, and we look forward to even more fun in 2010!

Congratulations to Jimbo, Neophyte and everyone else-actually I'm surprised to have done as well as I did up against such a crowd of football experts-not to mention a pretty good bunch of folks generally. I'm glad I was involved-and glad I'm here. :)

As WD said...til' next season-in the meantime, I'm sure Messrs. Allen and Shanahan will be giving us plenty to discuss over the next few months.

Thanks Serv. Talk about lucking out.....I figured you were gonna pick the Colts and the ONLY shot I had was to take the Saints. Never really expected them to win so I was just hoping to get lucky.

I, too, am looking forward to seeing what Bruce and Mike have in store for us. After this past season, it's NICE to have something to look forward to.

Congrats to all who played and a special congrats to Jimbo, serv, MisterPinstripe and Coolbreeze. Great job gentlemen. These things are always a lot of fun regardless of the outcome.

Also, special thanks to Boone for being the Master of Ceremonies for this gig all year. Fantastic job hosting and running this thing, sir.

Jimbo, now for the bad news.

I'm working on your Official Pick'em Contest Winner avatar. :)

Congratulations to all the winners. :claps: Looks like I have to step up my game a lot next year!

Congrats guys, this was really fun. Looking forward to doing this again next year. Thanks to Boone for overseeing it all.

Boone, I saw a really sweet item in the BGO store that I really wanted... Would I be allowed to wait around for that? Dont care if it takes awhile... :)

Congrats guys, this was really fun. Looking forward to doing this again next year. Thanks to Boone for overseeing it all.

Boone, I saw a really sweet item in the BGO store that I really wanted... Would I be allowed to wait around for that? Dont care if it takes awhile... :)
The NFL stepped in and forced the company we've been using for merchandise (zazzle.com) to remove and any all items that even smelled of NFL logo. As you can see, our BGO logo as the Indian face and feathers, so apparently that was enough to scare zazzle.

We're in the process of researching both what would be acceptable to them, and altenatively, a revised logo. One way or the other we'll have all the same items available again ... just a matter of how long. Some of that gear was too sweet not to fight for.

And, as you suggest, waiting for. :)

All right Jimbo. Whether congrats or condolences are in order I leave to you, but ...

BGO_Prophet.png

Going to set it up so clicking on your avatar will take you to the BGO Gallery page featuring the full-size image and link to this thread. We want to be sure you're fully embarrassed as fully and as often as possible. ;)

Well done, brother.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all of the winners and thanks to the participants for staying plugged in for almost five months.

Thanks also to Boone for running such a tight ship and keeping the thing going this entire time.

Well done Jimbo! :)

Props to the winners - I stand in awe. I'm coming for you next year, Jimbo!!

The NFL stepped in and forced the company we've been using for merchandise (zazzle.com) to remove and any all items that even smelled of NFL logo. As you can see, our BGO logo as the Indian face and feathers, so apparently that was enough to scare zazzle.

We're in the process of researching both what would be acceptable to them, and altenatively, a revised logo. One way or the other we'll have all the same items available again ... just a matter of how long. Some of that gear was too sweet not to fight for.

And, as you suggest, waiting for. :)

Thats too bad... I definitely want to wait around till the shop opens up. Definitely worth waiting for.

Boone, I also would like to wait until the store re-opens to pick a prize-I kinda had something in there in mind plus I almost never wear hats, including ball caps, of any kind.

Props to the winners - I stand in awe. I'm coming for you next year, Jimbo!!

Bring it on Lanky! I'll be another year older and, hopefully, another year wiser. :joker:

Awesome avatar, Om! Thanks!!! And thanks to Sir Boone for running the show. Mucho fun.

No thanks necessary guys, it was fun to find the software, get it up and running, and see it work so smoothly. Next season will be even better :)

And those that want to wait on our store to re-open, obviously that's great...

A bit late to the party but congrats to all the winners. You guys really are tough competition. Also, special thanks to Boone for "runnin' thangs." He was even kind enough to enter picks after the deadline for a few of us. :cheers:

Jimbo, now for the bad news.

I'm working on your Official Pick'em Contest Winner avatar. :)

You sold yourself a little short, brother. I just scoped the fancy new e-trophy type thing (avatar) and it looks great. Congrats Jimbo.

next year friends...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.