• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Network Every Bit As Big Of A Joke As ESPN

Gotcha, t. The 23rd overall rush defense is going to do better than most against the #1 rush offense. Why? Something about organizations or whatever.

I'll try to rephrase this:
I tried to offer you a serious answer as to why the national pundits don't see things the same way you do. If you're going to sum it up as 'something about organizations or whatever' then I guess we're at an impasse.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to be a baby about it then why'd you bother asking?

I guess it's easier to cry about being disrespected than to try and think objectively.

You're arguing with something I didn't say. I never said we had the better organization. I said that we have the rushing advantage, and that it's crap to say otherwise. Our stats (and theirs, defensively) fully support that.

Further, I said that there are two quarterbacks rated higher than RG3. Flacco is not one of them. So I give us the advantage there too.

I DO believe that it's crap that we don't get credit for the things we do very well. And it's lazy for the pundits to base their evaluations on history.

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=56759

Go read that. That was a month ago. That is why no one is showing us any respect. We aren't a good team yet. We're going in the right direction (in my opinion) but we're not there yet.

The Raven's are legit SB contenders.
We'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

week to week league though, anyone who thinks we're better than GB because we beat NY by one point and NY stomped on GB the week before doesn't know what they're talking about.

We beat a much better Green Bay team with a much worse football team 2 years ago...just saying.

http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=56759

Go read that. That was a month ago. That is why no one is showing us any respect. We aren't a good team yet. We're going in the right direction (in my opinion) but we're not there yet.

Read what I SAID. It's not this damned hard. Show me where I said we're a better team. Show me where I said we're going to accomplish more than they are this year.

One more time, I said we have the rushing advantage, and the better QB. If I'm wrong, show me.

I didn't argue with something you didn't say - I gave you a reason why someone might think the Ravens will stop our #1 rushing attack.

I agree with you about Flacco vs Griffin - I don't understand the love fest for Flacco either...

And it's lazy for the pundits to base their evaluations on history.

Right. But that's what they do. It's what they've always done. It's what they'll always do. So to completely ignore that and pretend there is some sort of injustice going on is foolish. Are you just starting to pay attention to the NFL media? They had the ****ing cowboys winning the division this year after the Giants won the super bowl last year.

Remember the guys that thought we were finally relevant because we got McNabb?

What about because Gibbs was coming back?

What about because we started out 6-2 under Jim Zorn?

These guys are tired of looking like dumbasses because they say the redskins are finally a legit organization. And I don't blame them.

Respect is earned. We haven't earned it.

The Ravens are legit SB contenders? On what planet? They barely beat the Chargers on a miracle 4th & 29 play with a more than generous spot, and got absolutely WAXED by the Texans, the team to beat in the AFC.

You all realize you're arguing the same thing, essentially, right? T is saying that while it might make sense to look at this year's stats and records and play and so on, most commentators will continue to harbor ill feelings towards the Redskins because of past history. Fair or not, that's the way it is.

Juggy is right though. On paper, anyway, our number 1 ranked rushing attack should be enough to incapacitate their mediocre running defense (less than mediocre, actually).

Until we start winning, the media will remember Bruce Smith, Deion, etc.

And we just beat the super bowl champs 3 out of 4 times.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

...and were painfully close to a four-game sweep.

As Derek texted me Tuesday morning, "We just beat all three division opponents in three weeks. I think it's safe to say the culture of the Washington Redskins is changing."

You're arguing with something I didn't say. I never said we had the better organization. I said that we have the rushing advantage, and that it's crap to say otherwise. Our stats (and theirs, defensively) fully support that.

Further, I said that there are two quarterbacks rated higher than RG3. Flacco is not one of them. So I give us the advantage there too.

I DO believe that it's crap that we don't get credit for the things we do very well. And it's lazy for the pundits to base their evaluations on history.

I already answered your question. You don't have to like the answer, but it's been provided. I don't really agree with the pundits either, but I certainly understand why they say what they say.

Oh I don't know, maybe they think the Ravens D will do a much better job containing Griffin? He's a large part of why we're # 1. He did just break the single season rookie QB rushing record...

Maybe they think Rice is a much better back - I don't agree with that, but I certainly understand why others might think that.

The Ravens are a quality organization. We're not. They are the better team. Does that mean they will win? Maybe, maybe not.

The redskins are an organization that's fanbase wanted at least half the coaching staff, if not the entire coaching staff, fired 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago people on THIS board were clamoring for at least some heads to roll. Same with other boards, the media, and the people on the radio (fans and hosts).

You really want to get mad that people are giving the ravens the edge? Really?

You all realize you're arguing the same thing, essentially, right? T is saying that while it might make sense to look at this year's stats and records and play and so on, most commentators will continue to harbor ill feelings towards the Redskins because of past history. Fair or not, that's the way it is.

Juggy is right though. On paper, anyway, our number 1 ranked rushing attack should be enough to incapacitate their mediocre running defense (less than mediocre, actually).

Until we start winning, the media will remember Bruce Smith, Deion, etc.

I take his point, as far as overall organizations go in recent memory.

But if you're going to break down individual phases of the game, rushing is simple. Washington: #1 in rush offense, #4 in rush defense. Baltimore: #23 in rush offense, #23 in rush defense. That's the mother of no-brainers.

The Ravens are legit SB contenders? On what planet? They barely beat the Chargers on a miracle 4th & 29 play with a more than generous spot, and got absolutely WAXED by the Texans, the team to beat in the AFC.

Oh give me a break. Really? You can make the same argument about every single team in the league. Here, let's see it.

The giants lost the redskins and barely beat them the first time, HAH!

The ravens lost to Philly and Pit with a 3rd string QB. HAH!

The patriots lost to Arizona - SB contenders? HAH!

The bengals lost to Miami and Clevland. HAH!

Pit lost to Tennessee and Oakland. Hah!

I can keep going, but I don't think there's much of a point.

The broncos, texans, and falcons don't have a bad loss on their schedule.

That's garbage logic in the NFL. Any team can beat any team at any time.

I take his point, as far as overall organizations go in recent memory.

But if you're going to break down individual phases of the game, rushing is simple. Washington: #1 in rush offense, #4 in rush defense. Baltimore: #23 in rush offense, #23 in rush defense. That's the mother of no-brainers.

I'm probably doing a bad job of explaining myself.

I agree with you that the pundits are wrong.

I don't blame the pundits for their opinions though like it appears everyone else is. Until Griffin showed up, we were in the conversation with organizations like Cleveland and Oakland. You don't fix that over night, much less over 12 weeks.

It's going to take back to back winning seasons to get the respect back.

Let's try and remember a couple of things here.

One ... "the national media" is an idiot. It has been the entire time the Redskins have sucked, and will be when they finally finish becoming "not bad" again. It's just that when that happens, they'll be idiots praising us even when we don't deserve it. "The national media" is a reactionary imbecile that is always two years behind the curve.

Two ... fortunately, we don't have to rely on the imbecile to get us our news any more. We have places like, well, BGO. Where people can disagree on specific things and still manage to remain civil about it and remember that we're all rooting for the same colors around here.

* hint *

I'm probably doing a bad job of explaining myself.

I agree with you that the pundits are wrong.

I don't blame the pundits for their opinions though like it appears everyone else is. Until Griffin showed up, we were in the conversation with organizations like Cleveland and Oakland. You don't fix that over night, much less over 12 weeks.

It's going to take back to back winning seasons to get the respect back.

I gotcha. I understand now. And you're right.

(Now Goal's gonna get a swelled head, cause that's what he said!) :)

One ... "the national media" is an idiot. It has been the entire time the Redskins have sucked, and will be when they finally finish becoming "not bad" again. It's just that when that happens, they'll be idiots praising us even when we don't deserve it. "The national media" is a reactionary imbecile that is always two years behind the curve.

Yeah, and they're already starting a bit. Yesterday was ridiculous on sportscenter. Morris was the star of the game, but you wouldn't even know he was a redskins, much less our starting running back, by watching ESPN yesterday.

Their infatuation is with Griffin right now, but if things keep improving it'll eventually be with the team.

We have places like, well, BGO. Where people can disagree on specific things and still manage to remain civil about it and remember that we're all rooting for the same colors around here.

* hint *

Sorry, brother. :cheers:

Oh give me a break. Really? You can make the same argument about every single team in the league. Here, let's see it.

The giants lost the redskins and barely beat them the first time, HAH!

The ravens lost to Philly and Pit with a 3rd string QB. HAH!

The patriots lost to Arizona - SB contenders? HAH!

The bengals lost to Miami and Clevland. HAH!

Pit lost to Tennessee and Oakland. Hah!

I can keep going, but I don't think there's much of a point.

The broncos, texans, and falcons don't have a bad loss on their schedule.

That's garbage logic in the NFL. Any team can beat any team at any time.

So then by that logic, EVERY team is a legit superbowl contender, correct? Then why even point it out?

So then by that logic, EVERY team is a legit superbowl contender, correct? Then why even point it out?

No... I don't think you can draw that conclusion, but please feel free to show it to me if you can.

Pointing to a few isolated games does not accurately describe a team or its season.

There are quite a few teams that are clearly not SB contenders. Philly would be one, so would Oakland. But to count NY, GB, NO, Atlanta, NE, Denver, Pit, or Baltimore out of it because you can reference one or two bad losses this season is foolish - in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.