• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Draft Talk - You're Da Bears...

Do you trade the #1 pick or do you use it yourself?

• Fields is Da Man for Da Bears - trade it.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Bryce Young baby!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I'm keeping Fields AND the #1 pick - give me some pass rush!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
So say you are Chicago (or just a fan of da Bears) and you have the #1 pick. Do you stick or twist?

On one hand, Fields started looking more like maybe he could be the real deal in the latter half of the season and the offensive staff started to look like they might know how to use him. I know from personal experience that he was the hottest QB in fantasy for several weeks and he lead the Bears to a couple of surprising wins. If you think Fields will continue to develop, the top pick could net the team a treasure trove of draft capital in this draft and the next if some QB hungry team has a hard-on for Bryce Young.

On the other hand, Fields was selected by the former staff and the current coaches had to live with him this year. He might not be their guy even after seeming to get some stuff figured out. His game is also high risk, high reward, and that risk comes in the form of injury possibility. Fields didn't finish this season healthy and it should be noted that he wasn't alone. Lots of mobile QBs didn't finish the season healthy which should have a lot of folks around the league thinking. Keeping the top pick for a QB of your choice and trading Fields might look pretty good.

What are you going to do?

I probably trade down unless I can get a King's ransom for Fields and then I use the pick on the QB I like best.

I’d trade Fields (I just don’t think he’s a strong enough passer to be a top tier QB) and draft his replacement.

I dunno if Field's is the long term answer but with how many holes the Bears have I'd trade back and acquire a plethora of picks to add depth. If Field's doesn't develop further move on after next year but replacing the QB doesn't help the fact they're not going to win without a significant influx of talent.

Looks like we have our answer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.