• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL: DeAngelo Williams TD Should Not Have Counted

the whistle would have meant taking the ball where the play was affected by the action - around the 10 yard line. so, while it meant taking 7 points off the board it still would have resulted in a first and goal for the Panthers.

we should stop looking for these kinds of straws.

Josh Morgan is our leading receiver with 5 catches for 46 yards? :laugh:

That's only 9 yards a catch. For a wide receiver?

Tight ends and backs are often over that number.

We just don't scare anyone with the skill players we have now on offense.

The coach and organization touted the added depth but it seems that when any starters go out the next guy up is a joke.

Granted it was atrocious and it does continue a disturbing trend; however, there are far more disturbing trends going on currently with this team of misfits. **** you Shamahan!

hire a real GM and allow Shanahan to COACH the damn football team.

we don't need any more OJ Atogwes and Josh Morgans in free agency.

we need a better value.

If they kick a FG there, then we kick a FG on the 4th down debacle. At 17-9, that last TD gives us a chance to go for two. Eh, we'll never know.

It's very difficult to overcome a blatant blown call like that. It completely changed the dynamic of the game. A call like that lingers, and not one player on the Redskins can tell me it didn't.... Not saying i'm 100% or anything, but i have a hard time believing that didnt resonate and mess with the mentality of the team, when it feels like the universe is absolutely working against you.

they said he would've made it anyways...riley was bout to hit dwill tell he heard the whistle..

I was at the game and we really didn't know in the stands what was going on. Who knows if they would have gone in for a score, but if the whistle blew, then the play should have been dead there. We may have stopped them at that point, we may not have. We will never know. But get the calls right at least.. it could have as one poster said had an effect on the morale of the team.

That blown call doesn't bother me as bad as the 2 horrible PI calls on Josh Wilson. All 3 of their TD's was aided by BS calls from the refs imo.

That blown call doesn't bother me as bad as the 2 horrible PI calls on Josh Wilson. All 3 of their TD's was aided by BS calls from the refs imo.
The idiot never even attempted to turn his head, so he deserved them both based on that alone. He was playing stupid football.

The idiot never even attempted to turn his head, so he deserved them both based on that alone. He was playing stupid football.

This is very true, and even worse he chased the shallow cross and vacated his zone on that 80 yard pass.

It's a known fact that if the defender makes any contact and he's not looking back, they're going to call it every time. Cant blame the refs on that. Kind of like the personal foul call against the defender who hit Griffin on the sidelines. While he didnt TECHNICALLY touch out of bounds, he's at QB and he's committed out of bounds.. they're going to call it.

You're both crazy!!!:insane:

-The 1st one he was well within the 5 yds to bump. There is absolutely no reason that flag should have been thrown at all.

-The 2nd one the ball wasn't catchable #1, #2 he didn't contact Smith until after Smith pushed him first and then Wilson put his hand out. The bit about him turning his head around was just some BS from the announcers trying to justify the call.

Steve Smith got both them calls because he complained and he's Steve Smith!

You're both crazy!!!:insane:

-The 1st one he was well within the 5 yds to bump. There is absolutely no reason that flag should have been thrown at all

-The 2nd one the ball wasn't catchable #1, #2 he didn't contact Smith until after Smith pushed him first and he then Wilson put his hand out. The bit about him turning his head around was just some BS from the announcers trying to justify the call.

Steve Smith got both them calls because he complained and he's Steve Smith!

If i remember correctly, the one you refer to as the first one, the ball was in the air... and the ball being in the air negates the 5 yard bump being legal. Once the ball is in the air, you cannot make any contact with the receiver.

Now if you had thrown Steve Smith's TD out as a bad NO-CALL i would agree with you because he pushed off and elevated...

On the second one, i do remember the ball being a long way from catchable, and that call i agree with you on, but none the less, he shouldnt have left it up to the official. If he gets his head around he see's that the ball isnt catchable, and he not longer engages Smith, and were not having this conversation today.

If i remember correctly, the one you refer to as the first one, the ball was in the air... and the ball being in the air negates the 5 yard bump being legal. Once the ball is in the air, you cannot make any contact with the receiver.

Now if you had thrown Steve Smith's TD out as a bad NO-CALL i would agree with you because he pushed off and elevated...

On the second one, i do remember the ball being a long way from catchable, and that call i agree with you on, but none the less, he shouldnt have left it up to the official. If he gets his head around he see's that the ball isnt catchable, and he not longer engages Smith, and were not having this conversation today.

Well, i'm not sure the ball was in the air. If i remember correctly he was bumping before the ball was even thrown.( i would have to see it again) I know even Shanahan was raising hell about it telling the ref to look at the replay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.