• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL.com: Snyder is 'pissed' at state of redskins

tshile

Dan Snyder 'pissed' at state of Washington Redskins - NFL.com

The Mike Shanahan watch in Washington entered a new phase Sunday. There is some doubt whether Shanahan will even survive the weekend.

NFL Media's Jeff Darlington reports that Redskins owner Dan Snyder is "pissed" with the current state of the organization, according to a team source. Darlington notes that some members of the staff are bracing for Shanahan's firing to happen Sunday night. Those beliefs are based on Snyder's current demeanor during conversations with members of the staff.

The story is not a surprise. The Redskins were embarrassed at home against Kansas City on Sunday, with the crowd practically empty after the Redskins went into halftime trailing by 28. The Redskins lost 45-10.

ESPN reported Sunday that Shanahan was prepared to quit the team late last season because of his stormy relationship with Snyder. The Washington Post later reported that some members of the Redskins organization questioned the timing of that story, believing that Shanahan wants out of Washington in order to be a candidate for the Houston Texans job.

"It's not the right time or place to talk about my relationship with Dan Snyder," Shanahan said after Sunday's game. "It's not the right time or place to talk about something that happened a year ago."

The Redskins situation has gone from ugly to uglier to rock bottom. It no longer sounds like a matter of if Shanahan will be fired, only when.

Time for some more Vinny, heck maybe Pepper is still available!! I have an idea, lets hire out O coordinator then hire his head coach. This is going to end very badly me thinks.

The worst part bob, is you and I are th eones that wind up looking like fools.

Regime after regime.

You, I, and people like us are the real dumbasses.

When the stadium sits empty, we'll all know why. It'll be irrefutable at that point.

Snyder is the reason the franchise is this way. Let him be pissed.

Nick

There is no doubt in my mind that the stadium will stay empty, or be filled with other teams fans.

The worst part bob, is you and I are th eones that wind up looking like fools.

Regime after regime.

You, I, and people like us are the real dumbasses.

When the stadium sits empty, we'll all know why. It'll be irrefutable at that point.

My plan next year if this all spins out of control as it looks like it will is to sell my tix early at a modest loss to get them sold and then buy tix to the games I want to go to.

Best way to send a message to this owner is to just eat your tickets to the game in two weeks against Dallas. You don't have to sell to a Dallas fan......just don't go and leave the stadium empty.

Of course Skins fans are such lemmings and have such a hard-on for the Cowboys that they'll show up en masse.

He should be pissed. At same time he needs to shoulder some of the blame.

Best way to send a message to this owner is to just eat your tickets to the game in two weeks against Dallas. You don't have to sell to a Dallas fan......just don't go and leave the stadium empty.

Of course Skins fans are such lemmings and have such a hard-on for the Cowboys that they'll show up en masse.

I don't know...a few years back there was about 35% of the Stadium in blue in a Cowturds' game. By the half when they were beating us up, it was their stadium.

Borh parties are guilty.

But we'd all be pissed too if we were spending $7 million a year on Shanny, and an additional $5 million a year on his staff.

This says it all...

The Washington Post later reported that some members of the Redskins organization questioned the timing of that story, believing that Shanahan wants out of Washington in order to be a candidate for the Houston Texans job.

McNair, owner of the Texans, expressed interest earlier in the week in Shanahan if he was fired.

Shanahan wants out.

If you created this mess on defense and the OL wouldn't you want a do-over too?

Shanahan the GM was Shanahan the Coach's worst enemy, not Snyder.

We were 0-5 in prime time games this season and in truth have lost to all of the good teams we have faced.

My point is we are not competitive against the benchmark teams.

Is it me or does Steinberg's writing seem like he's frothing at the mouth over having something negative to contribute?

I'm in Fla, DM. So I really don't know these writers like many others do.

I know the Post and Dan have problems, but I also know that the Post writers are pussycats compared to NY or LA. Those markets would likely be a little tougher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.