• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Next Season Opponents

It does, and it can lift a bad team like SEA and make them a below average or even mediocre team. But it ain't enough to beat the Saints,

Having said that, WE should be worried playing there next year.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It does, and it can lift a bad team like SEA and make them a below average or even mediocre team. But it ain't enough to beat the Saints,

Having said that, WE should be worried playing there next year.

you're right. man...every time I see a picture of that place I'm thinkin...put me in the upper deck, ply me with some drinks...and I'm falling out of the stands! I know it's just camera angle....but that is a killer stadium with the fans on top of the field.

you're right. man...every time I see a picture of that place I'm thinkin...put me in the upper deck, ply me with some drinks...and I'm falling out of the stands! I know it's just camera angle....but that is a killer stadium with the fans on top of the field.

Didn't we win there under Zorn?

Upper deck can't be much different than RFK. Was a steep climb to the top. Glad I was a lot younger and in better shape in those days.

Not sure if you've heard my broken arm story 30 minutes before our first playoff game at Qwest 4 years ago? When I was at the emergency room after the game, there were at least 5 drunks who had come through for stitches in their head. They had fallen in that upper deck. It is steep!

Great view from up top too. Yuck. It just looks ugly.

Qwest+Field.jpg

I still see the Saints ultimately prevailing, but it's exactly as I said it would be - incredibly tough atmosphere for the Saints.

Conventional wisdom is so - well... conventional...

The scornful among you may apologize at your leisure :)

Last edited:
I need to stop listening to you guys. I had the Seattle/Saints game pegged as a major upset, was convinced of it, but a week of nothing but 'the Seahawks can't win' conversation wore me down. I should learn to tune out the noise...

Bastard. Me and 99 billion gamblers are shocked right now.

is anyone else disgusted that seattle is in the playoffs with a losing record and now is going to make it to the second round? they had massive turnover on their roster, won two more games than last season and now are looking pretty darn solid. they found players in some very odd places (Mike Williams? really?) arrrrrrgh I hate football.

Bastard. Me and 99 billion gamblers are shocked right now.

The way this season has been, G., I'm surprised that anyone is still capable of being shocked by just about anything. :)

It's a cliche, but the secret to the NFL's success really is simple.

Any given Sunday.

Or Saturday :)

We overestimate how much better great teams are than their 'good' counterparts. For the vast majority of teams, the line is razor thin.

I love that about the NFL. I know when it comes to the college playoff debate, a lot of opponents of that idea have nothing but disdain for this kind of result. They feel the 'best team didn't win'. But I love it. No team should be immunized against the threat of a 'Cinderella'. America IS Cinderella. We'll always root for her.

So Seattle makes it in to the playoffs with a 7-9 record and then knocks off the Saints.

Well, an 8-8 record is only one game better than 7-9 and these teams made the playoffs at 8-8.

A couple of those even managed a notable "upset."

1. 2008 Chargers-beat the 12-4 Colts in the WC playoffs game
2. 2006 Giants
3. 2004 Rams
4. 2004 Vikings-beat the then 10-6 Packers in WC playoffs game
5. 1999 Cowboys
6. 1999 Lions
7. 1991 Jets
8. 1990 Saints
9. 1985 Browns

So it's not really all that much of a "turns-the-universe-upside-down" thing-it was probably going to happen eventually.

Hahahahah Boone, America is nowhere near being cinderella, Ive always been fascinated with americas desire to be the underdog, in my mind you are like the little brother who got far bigger than his older brother and now realise that you can pretty much do whatever you want lol.

Boone, you have experienced it and so have I. They really do have one of the best 12th man crews in the NFL, perhaps the best. I hate to say it too, because of our experience. You were right and I over estimated the Saints. I thought Gregg Williams would be able to go in there and play them way better on defense.

Guarantee! They go into Chicago next week and get beat up! Chicago's defense is going to plant Hassleback in the turf. Chicago's defense will not allow them to put that many points up.

OK, guarantee is a little harsh! LOL! I said the Saints would beat them up too.

Can we all agree, as a side note, that Lynch's run, while incredibly impressive, is not the greatest run in playoff history?

50 gut anyone?

Getting tired of hearing that Lynch's run is the best ever. Short memories people.

is anyone else disgusted that seattle is in the playoffs with a losing record and now is going to make it to the second round? they had massive turnover on their roster, won two more games than last season and now are looking pretty darn solid. they found players in some very odd places (Mike Williams? really?) arrrrrrgh I hate football.

Yep. I don't think anyone with a losing record should be in the post season

And to further my disgust, the effing Jets won too

Can we all agree, as a side note, that Lynch's run, while incredibly impressive, is not the greatest run in playoff history?

50 gut anyone?

Getting tired of hearing that Lynch's run is the best ever. Short memories people.

It was definitely 'one of' the greatest individual runs I've seen in the post-season, and you could argue the most impressive ever. You could argue Riggo's run only because it turned the tide and won us a Super Bowl - but in terms of the run itself, it was nowhere near as impressive as what Lynch did.

Yeah, I'd call it more of a pathetic display of tackling, than a great display of running.

Sad part is, Seattle has zero chance of winning on the road.

Zero.

And, they have the ugliest helmet/uniform/color scheme in the NFL. Hard to watch without getting a little nauseous.

Boone, you have experienced it and so have I. They really do have one of the best 12th man crews in the NFL, perhaps the best. I hate to say it too, because of our experience. You were right and I over estimated the Saints. I thought Gregg Williams would be able to go in there and play them way better on defense.

Guarantee! They go into Chicago next week and get beat up! Chicago's defense is going to plant Hassleback in the turf. Chicago's defense will not allow them to put that many points up.

OK, guarantee is a little harsh! LOL! I said the Saints would beat them up too.

I think you're right, however Cutler is the wild card. If he is having a bad day the Seahawks have a chance. Could see Cutler getting sacked a lot and throwing bunch of picks.

Key to this game will be Cutler managing the game and Hasselback not playing above his head.

I don't think Hasselback can perform that high a level against the Bears D.

After watching the games this weekend hard to believe we beat the Bears and the Packers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.