• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Next Season Opponents

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
This early look at next season. Looks like we play AFC East.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/redskins-in-11-only-three-play.html

With the NFL's regular season coming to a conclusion with Sunday night's St. Louis-Seattle game, the Redskins' schedule of opponents is finalized. It includes only four games against three teams going to the playoffs - two against Philadelphia and home games against New England and the New York Jets.

Dates will be announced in the spring.

Home:
Arizona (5-11)
Dallas (6-10)
Minnesota (6-10)
New England (14-2)
New York Jets (11-5)
New York Giants (10-6)
Philadelphia (10-6)
San Francisco (6-10)

Away:
Buffalo (4-12)
Carolina (2-14)
Dallas (6-10)
Miami (7-9)
New York Giants (10-6)
Philadelphia (10-6)
Seattle (6-9)*
St. Louis (7-8)*

At least we get to play the NFC West. What a putrid division.

Maybe a putrid division by record this year but I see at least Seattle and St. Louis heading in the right direction. They could both be respectable 10 win teams next years.

Maybe a putrid division by record this year but I see at least Seattle and St. Louis heading in the right direction. They could both be respectable 10 win teams next years.

St. Louis yes. Disagree with Seattle. That is a bad football team. A really bad team. They are worse off at QB than we are, with little chance to improve immediately.

But you are correct about St. Louis, Bradford alone will keep them competitive for many years.

san fran also...they just need some calm in the locker room...and...like us...more stability/quality at the QB position.

Well, if you say the Redskins will beat every team with a losing record this past year and lose to every team with a winning record (with the exception of a split with Dallas as I don't expect a sweep) then we're looking at 9-7. A gross oversimplification, I know, as teams will change (and we've already shown we can lose to St. Louis), but it makes for a hopeful initial rough guesstimate until we know more.

Its far too early to make any real predictions about next season (if its even played), but the one thing we can probably be sure of is that the Patriots will hang 40+ on us.

Trick is which good teams will be bad next season and which of bad ones will be good. With FA teams can flip flop records.

Arizona is a team that needs QB stability. Looking at the schedule we could possible face McNabb next year. Vikings, Cards, and 49ers are all logical places for him to land.

49ers would be perfect for McNabb. His game is what they have been trying to teach Alex Smith for the past 5 years without success.

And his old buddy Westbrook is out there.

St. Louis yes. Disagree with Seattle. That is a bad football team. A really bad team. They are worse off at QB than we are, with little chance to improve immediately.

But you are correct about St. Louis, Bradford alone will keep them competitive for many years.

Seattle may be bad, but playing in that stadium, with that crowd - that's good for a .500 season every year by default. Arguably the hardest stadium to win a road game in in the NFL. I'm willing to bet they put the fear of God into the Saints next Saturday.

that whole 12th man thing just pisses me off. the fans act like theyre the reason for the noise and not the BS architecture of the stadium. i can honestly say i hate that damn team and their fans..more than the steelers fans.

Yeah, I have experienced the energy in that stadium first hand, or broken arm if you will. :) It is without a doubt the loudest stadium I have attended and when their fans get going it is a tough environment to play football, much less be a fan of an opposing team.

I am with you though Mike, I will always have a bad taste in my mouth for them!

Its far too early to make any real predictions about next season (if its even played), but the one thing we can probably be sure of is that the Patriots will hang 40+ on us.

I hate agreeing with you lol,
not only does it look like we are staying 3-4 but keeping haslett, so I imagine the patsies wont be the only ones dropping 40 on us.

With nothing else to go on other than this season's performance, I'd say Minny and Dallas could both be very tough going by the improvements both have made after coaching changes. Arizona right now looks a mess as does Carolina. Buffalo was one of the "loose cannon" teams that could look from pretty good to horrible week to week so who knows about them.

Rumors are circulating about Sparano's job security in Miami so that situation may bear watching-Miami was one of the most difficult to predict teams this season it seems. QB confusion can cause that. :rolleyes2:

Weird how we are playing Arizona at home and Seattle on the road again. We did that the last time we played the West (2008) and I would've thought the Seahawks would come to FedEx and we would go to Glendale in 2011.

that whole 12th man thing just pisses me off. the fans act like theyre the reason for the noise and not the BS architecture of the stadium. i can honestly say i hate that damn team and their fans..more than the steelers fans.

I'm still not talking with two of my cousins who live in the Sea-Tac region. Ever since some of our fans were beaten at that playoff game (including a female) and they defended it, that ended our relationship. Never will talk with them again. Ever.

Boone - that's how bad Seattle is; they've got an 8-8 record by default, and they finished 7-9 this season. Actually, I'm pretty sure they had the worst home record in the NFL this season.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Boone - that's how bad Seattle is; they've got an 8-8 record by default, and they finished 7-9 this season. Actually, I'm pretty sure they had the worst home record in the NFL this season.

Okay. I think maybe you have me there :)

Still, I hope the Saints know what they are walking into next weekend. Pssst - it might rain too...

Okay. I think maybe you have me there :)

Still, I hope the Saints know what they are walking into next weekend. Pssst - it might rain too...

You won't get any argument from me in that Qwest is a difficult place to play. But we are talking about a Saints team that went into the Georgia Dome to play a 12-2 Atlanta and won. 5 years ago in Seattle is not the same as Seattle today. The Saints are gonna spank them!

Boone, if gambling were legal, I would take NO up to 20 points and not think twice about it. Yes, Qwest Field can be difficult, but this is a dream for the Saints. The ONlY way they let the Seahags stay close is if they get complacent. Gamblers everywhere have been waiting for the NFC W "winner" to bet against.

If gambling were legal, of course.

Boone, if gambling were legal, I would take NO up to 20 points and not think twice about it. Yes, Qwest Field can be difficult, but this is a dream for the Saints. The ONlY way they let the Seahags stay close is if they get complacent. Gamblers everywhere have been waiting for the NFC W "winner" to bet against.

If gambling were legal, of course.

I'm talking about the stadium and fan noise guys, not predicting an upset for the Seahawks although if Hasselback were the sure-fire starter and playing like the QB he can be, they'd have a chance.

Truth is, the Rams should've easily handled the Seahawks. That stadium and crowd makes a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.